Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Google Chrome

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by Koba, Sep 3, 2008.

1. K

Koba JF-Expert Member

Sep 3, 2008
    Google unveils browser, acknowledges debt to Apple By Eric Auchard
    Tue Sep 2, 4:00 PM ET

Google Inc's new browser software is designed to work "invisibly" and will run any application that runs on Apple Inc's Safari Web browser, company officials said on Tuesday.

The company said the new Web browser, dubbed Google Chrome -- a long-anticipated move to compete with Microsoft Corp, Mozilla Firefox and other browsers -- is now available for download at http://www.google.com/chrome/.

The public trial of the Google browser will be available in 43 languages in 100 countries, Sundar Pichai, Google's vice president of product management said at a news conference at the company's Mountain View, California headquarters.

"You actually spend more time in your browser than you do in your car," Brian Rakowski, group product manager for the browser project, said of the significance of offering a faster browser and forcing greater competition in the market.

Google Chrome relies on Apple's WebKit software for rendering Web pages, he said. It also has taken advantage of features of community-developed browser Firefox from Mozilla Corp. Google is a primary financial backer of Mozilla.

"If you are Webmaster, and your site works in Apple Safari then it will work very well in Google Chrome," Pichai said.

Officials said Chrome's code would be fully available for other developers to enhance. A Google official said it planned to share code that makes Chrome work with WebKit openly with other WebKit open source developers.

Apple WebKit is widely used by Web developers, not simply for Apple applications like the iPhone but also by Google itself with its mobile phone software, called Android.

"We have borrowed good ideas from others," Pichai said. "Our goal here was to bring our point of view but do it in a very open way," he said in response to a reporter's question.

"We don't want to live in a world where all that (innovation) is locked up and kept secret," Google co-founder Larry Page told the news conference. Page was a primary supporter of the Chrome project among Google's executive team.

Sergey Brin, Page's fellow co-founder, said Google planned to continue to work closely with Mozilla and hoped to see future version of Chrome and Mozilla's Firefox become more unified over time.

"It is probably worth noting that they (Mozilla Corp) are across the street and they come over here for lunch," Brin said of Mozzilla employees visits to cafeterias at the Googleplex headquarters. "I hope we will have more and more unity over time."

Chrome introduces various features that promise to make Web browsing faster, more secure and stable.

The browser allows users to keep working even when one of its open windows crashes.

Chrome is designed to take advantage of multi-core chips, recently offered by Intel Corp and Advanced Micro Devices, which allow computers to handle multiple processes simultaneously and with greater speed, Google engineers said.

(Editing by Leslie Gevirtz)
  2. Yo Yo

Yo Yo JF-Expert Member

Sep 3, 2008
    its cute and brilliant browser! Simple layout, great speeds, easy to handle.
  3. LazyDog

LazyDog JF-Expert Member

Sep 4, 2008

That is a nice move!

4. Nemesis

Nemesis JF-Expert Member

Sep 4, 2008
    Mimi nipo naitumia hapa naona ipo fresh sana isipokuwa haina 'dropdown menu' ukitaka ku-browse web ulizokwisha tumia awali ni mpaka uandike tena. Otherwise is super, i do not like IE anymore.
  5. D

DAR si LAMU JF-Expert Member

Sep 6, 2008
    ..you should use firefox.

..chrome ni nzuri kama most of your web work is around google!. but when it comes to serious web use, firefox tops!

..haijatengenezwa ili ishindane na browser nyingine bali, ili iweze kutoa mawazo[if you will]kwa watengeneza browser wengine juu ya teknolojia mbalimbali ambazo zifaa kuwepo kwenye browsers. nia ni kuona web 2.0 inatumika ipasavyo, google wakiwa washika bango kwa vitu kama docs,picasa,etc.
  6. Invisible

Invisible Admin Staff Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Oh yeah? Read this article:-

Source: HERE
  7. Boon Docker

Boon Docker Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Google Chrome

Not long ago the Google team had launched its web browser. At first I thought there was no point in downloading the free application but after trying this application, I must say I am most impressed. Unlike other browsers, Chrome has a secondary in-built browser that is designated for safe surfing especially if you were using a public computer, i.e. Internet Cafe owners might favor this application as the secondary in built browser referred to as Incognito.

It ensures that the websites and pages visited within its window will not appear within the browser's history neither will it store any search history. But it does not end there, one will not leave any traces such as cookies whilst using. Though files downloaded/bookmarks will be stored as per user's browsing experience, entirely one's choice. One has to be cautious though, when Incognito is loaded, it doesn't affect the behavior of other people, servers, or software. Of course the information is further explained once Incognito has been loaded! Whilst using the primary browser, one might find at times when you attempt to load some known malicious sites, a warning will pop up asking for the user's intervention, same as the Opera Web Browser. If you see fit and would like to proceed, then forfeit the warning and proceed to the site.

There are also sites that tend to detect if you using the Internet Explorer for the web experience and warn you if you are not using it. Seeing most of these browsers are built around the IE rendering system, it’s safe to proceed using the browser of your choice unless instructed otherwise (this usually happens mostly on the Microsoft site or their partners).

Why don't you give it ago, Chrome/Incognito can be downloaded from the following address:

Google Chrome - Download a new browser - should you wish to load Incognito, follow these steps:

1. Click the Page menu (at the end of the Chrome's address bar, following the go button represented as a multimedia play button, there is a feature represented as page, click on the drop down menu).

2. Select New incognito window. A new window now opens with the incognito icon in the top left corner. You can continue browsing as normal in the other window.

For a BETA version, I must say I’m pretty impressed! Have a go at it and share your experience.

BD - A good weekend to all
  8. Shy

Shy JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2008
    In tanzania we have our own version of firefox its called tuwasiliane , i dont know how it ended
  9. T

Tikerra JF-Expert Member

Sep 26, 2008
  10. Boon Docker

Boon Docker Member

Sep 26, 2008
    Really! What happened to the team in charge of the project?!

11. Boon Docker

Boon Docker Member

Sep 26, 2008
    But! Please do go on and shade some light.

12. D

Dr3am3r_d1vA New Member

Jan 13, 2009
    hey y'all im new in the forum..i gave it a try with google chrome and found it extremely nice. i guess it has been a month that i haven't used any other browser. I like its feature on the address bar-when u try searching!
  13. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Feb 13, 2009
    Napenda kuwashauri wanaJF wenye computers ambazo hazina speed sana au za zamani watumie hii browser... Nimeitumia kwa muda sasa, na kwa kweli nimeipenda kwa jinsi inavyo load haraka. Ninaamini kuwa security issues ni jambo ambalo linapaswa kuzingatiwa na kila aina ya browser na kila mtumiaji. Risk katika hii browser haina tofauti na iliyopo kwa nyinginezo. Hakika ukianza kutumia Chrome na kuzoea interface yake utaipenda muda si mrefu. I recommend it.