Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Gbagbo aanza kukaangwa rasmi!

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Askari Kanzu, May 7, 2011.

1. Askari Kanzu

Askari Kanzu JF-Expert Member

May 7, 2011
    Latest update: 07/05/2011
    Gbagbo lawyers absent during official questioning

[​IMG]
    Ivory Coast’s former leader Laurent Gbagbo stood for formal questioning despite the absence of his lawyers Saturday, for an investigation over his role in the violence following last year’s disputed presidential elections, which left thousands dead.
    By News Wires (text)

AFP - Ivory Coast's state prosecutor on Saturday began the formal questioning of fallen leader Laurent Gbagbo Saturday, despite the absence of his lawyers.

"Laurent Gbagbo has been questioned in the presence of his personal doctor," prosecutor Simplice Kouadio Koffi told AFP as he emerged from the villa in the northern town of Korhogo, where Gbagbo is under house arrest.

He had spent nearly an hour inside. Koffi said that on Sunday he would travel to Odienne, in the northwest of the country, to begin questioning Gbagbo's wife Simone. Simone Gbagbo was a key figure in her husband's regime.

Gbagbo and his entourage are being investigated over their role in the violence that followed the election last November of his rival Alassane Ouattara as president, a conflict that cost an estimated 3,000 lives.

The prosecutor chose to begin questioning him despite complaints from his French team of lawyers, who on Friday were turned back at Abidjan airport after they flew in to help defend him. Officials told them they did not have valid visas.

One of the lawyers, Jacques Verges, said Friday it was clear that the authorities in Ivory Coast did not want the former president to receive a proper defence.

"I am very pessimistic about the future of a regime which treats lawyers in such a way," he added, before being put on the next flight back to Paris.

Verges, whose past clients have included Nazi war criminal Klaus Barbie and Carlos the Jackal, also denounced the French government for having remained silent on the incident.

On Friday, Koffi told AFP: "The presence of lawyers, while it is desirable, is not obligatory."

Full story:

2. G

Gad ONEYA JF-Expert Member

May 7, 2011
    Let him dance the verses he propounded!

3. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 7, 2011
    Gbagbo

[FONT=&quot]"Take other elections throughout the world, ... Take the election in the U.S. itself. The turnout rate is not higher than what we got. ... I was elected democratically in my country, and I believe I have a right to conduct my mandate."[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

- When and why did it all go wrong Gbago???

4. n

niweze JF-Expert Member

May 8, 2011
    Lets put people like these in jail for life for what they did. Shame Shame Shame to be an African. Just because he wanted to be president and denied that he lost the election. Selfishness Selfishness is Killing Africans.

Run Propagandas and killing thousands of people just because of his own ambitions, does this real make any senses at all?

5. Horseshoe Arch

Horseshoe Arch JF-Expert Member

May 9, 2011
    Do not provide a diversion from the problems of political transitions by punishing ancient regime hate figures.

6. G

GJ Mwanakatwe JF-Expert Member

May 10, 2011
    Both the two are stupids gabo and quattara.