Gay Muslims on the Rise

Status
Not open for further replies.

RAJ PATEL JR

JF-Expert Member
Sep 8, 2010
Good morning.
I am Abdelhak, from Algeria, but I live in the U.K. I favored to write in English because I have a bit of a broken Arabic. I always watched your lectures on Ikra TV and ever found your talk greatly influential, Baraka el-laho fik.
I have a problem that's torturing me of which I would like to find a lucid decisive answer. I only just discovered something quite important about myself that Islam is totally against it, in fact, this what I'm after. Ever since my childhood, I ever suspected that something was going wrong with me. When my friends talked about girls as the target of love, I always felt embarrassed because I felt it towards the wrong object. Yes, I'm homosexual. The upside is that I'm masculine and I don't go for guys having a tendency to look like girls in their way of talking, thinking, behaving, etc. At least, this is the point that I see eye to eye with Islam. In reality, I always took a dim view of the matter but it seems that I was wrong.
Love involving sex is very important and anyone has the right to please that natural innate need. It was just when I fell in unrequited love with a friend of mine and couldn't break free from it that I had started to look on the net for a solution over a long time, but seemingly, I jumped from the frying pan into the fire. I found out that I'm naturally gay and this couldn't be ignored, I'm condemned to live that experience times and again like heterosexuals do. Since then, I settled on knowing more things about myself and the gay community. However, the struggle was and is still on. I had to find out Islam's standpoint on that matter. The result was a stark disappointment as it was clearly banned and considered as a sin.
One day, I ran into a criticism of the Quoranic verses about homosexuality, and instead that I see it with a positive eye, I found it rather a bomb that could explode at any time because this gave me just a temporary hope to be and to live the one I am actually, not the one I have to pretend to be. I read on the net that the judgement that forbids homosexuality, or rather homosexual relationships, is a ‘misinterpretation' of the verse and that it should be read between the lines as some liberal Muslim scholors see. Some British scholors claimed that Quoran didn't state clearly on which basis homosexuality is regarded as a sin. In that case, it is not a sin as long as the homosexual relationship is based on ‘MUTUAL LOVE' but not ‘LUST'. I'm so troubled and I beg you to tell me the truth about the life that I should lead. If it is really ‘taboo', I'll move away though it will be so deceptive and hard, but in the opposite case, I'll defend my happiness no matter what this would cost me even if I have to face up the whole world. My action stops at the truth and I'm not at all intending to do anything against Allah. I wish to get an answer the soonest possible and thank you so much to have read my letter.
http://gaymuslims.org

Source: Eye on ‘Gay Muslims'

It is not a surprise... for there are many Islams who are gay...
For those from devout families would never dare breath out
their true preferences... For in countries such as Saudi they
will kill you right away... However this issues is rising at a speedy
rate... ingekua a good thing i would have said we are evolving...
But this ... this is beyond that.....

Hi Abdelhak from Algeria , Homosexuality in our religion , is not only a sin, but a punishable crime against god . There are various verses in Quran where Allah clearly says about Homosexuality.

We also (sent) Lut: he said to his people: "Do ye commit lewdness such as no people in creation (ever) committed before you? "For ye practice your lusts on men in preference to women: ye are indeed a people transgressing beyond bounds." - Holy Quran 7:80-81

"Of all the creatures in the world will ye approach males". "And leave those whom Allah has created for you to be your mates? Nay ye are a people transgressing (all limits)!" - Holy Quran 26:165-166

The end result for not giving up homosexuality was the destruction of entire cities

When Our decree issued We turned (the cities) upside down and rained down on them brimstones hard as baked clay spread layer on layer Marked as from thy Lord: nor are they ever far from those who do wrong! - Holy Quran 11:82-83

The Quran forbids any sexual relationship other than in a marriage between a man and a woman.

P.S those British scholors claimed that Quoran didn’t state clearly on which basis homosexuality is regarded as a sin they are lack of true knowledge all of our sunni`s 4 imams reagard this act is a sin! ...

Hi Abdelhak from Algeria , Homosexuality in our religion , is not only a sin, but a punishable crime against god . There are various verses in Quran where Allah clearly says about Homosexuality.
The end result for not giving up homosexuality was the destruction of entire cities
The Quran forbids any sexual relationship other than in a marriage between a man and a woman.

P.S those British scholors claimed that Quoran didn't state clearly on which basis homosexuality is regarded as a sin they are lack of true knowledge all of our sunni`s 4 imams reagard this act is a sin! ...

This is intense.... Almost thot sipo MMU...

it is kinda strange to think that the muslim society lives in a smalll underworld, which is bullet and water proof! closing eyes on a roblem does not solve it.njiwa,thanks for sharng the scriptures, im still wondering where does science end and religion begin in all of these.but sin does not choose which way to goa!
btw: i thought this is more about religion than it is about MMU. mods,saidia mama yeyoo

wanajitahidi lakini hawakubaliki.... labda nchi za wenzetu

lakini huku kwetu Africa ... itakuwa ngumu sana

I understand my brother, but if you look at the trend in which young people are trying to emulate everything from saggin' pants to body piercing, all I can tell you is that this wave of gays and lesbians is coming to Tanzania and Africa sooner than later

is it muslims world or arab world?????/
for arabs its always there,part of culture

I understand my brother, but if you look at the trend in which young people are trying to emulate everything from saggin' pants to body piercing, all I can tell you is that this wave of gays and lesbians is coming to Tanzania and Africa sooner than later

ni kweli ... but society yetu ya tanzania & africa kwa ujumla .. itakuwa ngumu kidogo kulikubali hili jambo .. nitakupa mfano wa anglican church ya africa ilikemea na ilipinga ile issue ya mchungaji gay...

Me neither ......hebu tupe hiyo Boss

funny unajua kuna vitu ni arabic culture but vinatafsiriwa kuwa ni islamic kwa makosa...

mfano culture ya kuwatenganisha wanawake na wanaume hata kwenye harusi mfano..

kuna events nyingi za kiarabu ni mens only,huku wanawake wako majumbani....

sasa huko kwenye mens only huko,ndo utakuta watu wako na mabwabwa yao
but wame dress kama wanaumemhujui kwa kuwatazama......

niliwahi kumuuliza mwarabu mmoja,mwanamke akaniambia.we hujui....
hao sio wanaume watupu hapo,kuna wanawake humo lol

funny unajua kuna vitu ni arabic culture but vinatafsiriwa kuwa ni islamic kwa makosa...

hao sio wanaume watupu hapo,kuna wanawake humo lol
Hapo kwere red unawezatuambia ni Kama vitu gani mkuu Boss?

hao sio wanaume watupu hapo,kuna wanawake humo
lol

So your analysis is based by huyo mwanamke mmoja?

So your analysis is based by huyo mwanamke mmoja?

sio huyo mmoja,ni general

mfano kuzuia wanawake kwenye events ambazo culture nyingine hawazuii

pia hata language ya kiarabu ina utajiri wa maneno yanayohuu gays na gay clture in generall

hata kiswahili maneno yote yanahoyusu gays yametoka kwa waarabu

Status
Not open for further replies.