Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Frankly Speaking - Flawed CCM Strategy?

Discussion in 'Uchaguzi Tanzania' started by Gelange Vidunda, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Gelange Vidunda

Gelange Vidunda JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2010
    Is CCM's strategy towards the elections flawed? I want to believe so, given the recent happenings of its aspiring members to dodge debates, endorse candidates with pending court cases, seemingly lack of counter-attacks and other offensive tactics etc. These are but a few that I find are rather troubling. Let me try to elaborate.

1. With TV and radio now reaching almost every corner of Tanzania, I find it quite a miss-step that the party Secretary has ordered all its candidates not to participate in any debates, giving no apparent valid reason as to why they shouldn't. Now, these are grown ass people, who I believe, have something they can talk to the people that are going to vote for them. Given this "ban" I really don't understand why Makamba has done what he has done - I believe it is helping none in CCM, the candidates and the party as a whole.
    2. At a time when Tanzania is being lauded as "leading in fighting corruption and graft" it surely beats me when the sitting president goes to the districts of aspiring candidates who have pending court cases on corruption and/or graft and openly endorses them. Case in point, Basil Pesambili Mramba and, on another charge, Andrew Chenge. Was there a need really to endorse them, and lift they hands high? Couldn't JK just campaign and skip the endorsement? Hivi, who advises JK? There is something wrong with this advisory group, or it is non existent or is just plain bad, terrible!
    3. In this forum and in the increasingly blog spot arena, and especially through emails around the world etc show images of the current situation Tanzanians are living in. Bad roads, bad schools, treacherous dwellings etc while showing government owned Toyota Land Cruisers, our beautiful embassies, JK enjoying vacation in Jamaica, comparison with Julius K. Nyerere, etc many negative, why, then, doesn't CCM retaliate and make some things correct? I am sure for every bad road there are some very good roads built during Kikwete's tenure. There are some good things that has been done, in education, in peace and stability, mining, technology etc. Why isn't CCM going on the offensive regarding this "new" opposition slogan of "free education for all up to university level"? CCM has done that already - free primary school education for every school age child, government secondary school fees slashed down to TZ shillings 20,000 per year and that somewhere along the education span of a student there should be a way that parents contribute to the education of their children. Good roads are being built e.g. Tanga to Horohoro, Dodoma to Iringa, Ihyofi to Ifunda (TanZam highway in Iringa region) etc. Why isn't CCM touting their successes instead JK is reverting to giving promises during all his campaign? Hawa advisers wake....what the heck are they doing? Don't they notice these things? CCM and JK in particular is somehow sounding as if he is not the sitting president - in almost every stop on the campaign trail he is doling out promises as if there is no tomorrow! Come on, JK, tout your successes as there are many of them!
    These three observation (I believe I am entitled to my own opinion) lead me to seriously believe that CCM strategy for this election is seriously flawed.

My two cents......

2. Dingswayo

Dingswayo JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2010
    I could not have said it better. Kudos to you!

3. D

DENYO JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2010
    the role of intellectuals is to speak the truth to the powers, ni kweli tunahitaji uongozi bora sio uongozi wa mafisadi sio uongozi wa anasa na sio uongozi wa watu wanaoenda ikulu kucheza ngoma -tunataka viongozi wenye dhamira ya kweli.

4. Rutashubanyuma

Rutashubanyuma JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2010
    JK alilolifanya zuri ni kujipendekeza kwa Bush na sasa Obama ili atupiwe makombo na mwenyewe amediriki bila haya kutukatisha tamaa ya kuwa ahadi zake za uchaguzi bila ya Misaada hazitekelezeki. Sasa huyu kiongozi ni wa nini na ana manufaa gani kwetu? Jibu ni kuachana naye Oktoba akafanye kazi za kucheza disco kazi ambayo yaelekea ndiyo anaipendaaaaaaaaaa na ana kipaji nayo siyo kazi ya kuongoza nchi.

5. Msanii

Msanii JF-Expert Member

Oct 8, 2010
    the article is readable and knowledgeable

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gelange Vidunda For This Useful Post:

Dingswayo (Today), Msanii (Today) ​