Formula 1: 2010

Schumacher says sorry

Seven-time world champion admits he deserved to be punished

Last updated: 2nd August 2010

Schumacher: finished 11th

Michael Schumacher has apologised to Rubens Barrichello after almost pushing him into the pit wall during the Hungarian Grand Prix.
The seven-time world champion moved across to stop Barrichello from overtaking him in the closing stages of Sunday's race.
The Brazilian was quick to hit out at his former Ferrari team-mate, branding it a "go-kart manoeuvre" that saw him come within milimetres of hitting the concrete wall down the start-finish straight.
Schumacher was later punished by race stewards, who hit him with a 10-place grid penalty for the Belgian Grand Prix on August 29.
Severe manoeuvre

Now the German has issued an apology on his website and admitted he went too far across attempting to protect his position.
"Yesterday, straight after the race, I was still in the heat of the moment, but after seeing the scene against Rubens again, I have got to say that the stewards are right with their judgment: the manoeuvre against him was too severe," he said.
"I obviously wanted to make it difficult for him to overtake me and I also showed him clearly that I did not want to let him past, but obviously I did not want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he feels this way, then sorry, that was not my intention."
Schumacher eventually finished 11th in Budapest, leaving him in ninth position in the drivers' standings.

_48567818_webberap640.jpg

Lewis Hamilton is ready to renew his title push when the season resumes next week in Belgium after the summer break.
Hamilton lost his championship lead to Red Bull's Mark Webber at the last race in Hungary but the McLaren driver is four points back with seven races left.
"We're all really looking forward to getting back into the title fight," said Hamilton. "I'll be going flat out to get us back in the hunt in Belgium.
"We head into the next two races optimistic of some better results."

Hamilton had held the lead in the championship since the eighth race of the season in Canada after collecting back-to-back wins in Istanbul and Montreal.

But he surrendered his advantage after failing to finish for the first time this season at the Hungarian Grand Prix because of transmission failure.
Hamilton is confident that August's summer break, which includes an enforced two-week factory shutdown for all of the teams, will help revitalise McLaren's campaign.

"The break gave us some valuable thinking time to consider how to improve our car for the remainder of the season," Hamilton added.

"We are not only optimistic of better results but also of stronger pace for the rest of the year.

"I head to Spa off the back of a disappointing non finish in Hungary. We've investigated the causes and are confident it won't happen again.

"Spa is on one of the great Formula 1 tracks and one I'd really love to win."
The top five drivers are separated by only 20 points as the season approaches its denouement and with 25 points awarded for a race win Webber, Hamilton, Sebastian Vettel, Jenson Button and Ferrari's Fernando Alonso are all hotly contesting the title.

Button goes to Spa in fourth place, behind Red Bull rival Vettel and 14 points behind Webber, and the defending world champion is intent on making up ground.

"We have some catching up to do," said Button, who took the chequered flag for McLaren in Australia and China in the early part of the season.

Mark Webber takes pole for the Belgian Grand Prix

Championship leader Mark Webber will start Sunday's Belgian Grand Prix from pole position after a rain-affected qualifying session in Spa.

The Australian maintained Red Bull's stranglehold on qualifying with a lap of one minute 45.778 seconds for their 13th pole out of 14 races this season.
But McLaren's Lewis Hamilton produced a superb performance to take second, ahead of Renault's Robert Kubica.
Webber's team-mate Sebastian Vettel was only fourth fastest.
With Jenson Button's McLaren on the second row in fifth, it was a bad day for Ferrari, for whom Felipe Massa was sixth and Fernando Alonso a hugely disappointing 10th.

For full story read BBC Sport - F1 - Mark Webber takes pole for the Belgian Grand Prix

I believe It will be one among f1 eventful and entertaining race.

Naona hali ya hewa inaleta uhondo kama si utata. mzunguko wa 39 kati ya 44. L hamilton anaongoza. Pale alivyoacha njia nilijua ndo mwisho wake.

Hiyo ni habari njema!..kudoz to Hamilton and so McLaren kwa kushinda Belgium GP!!..

Lewis supremacy!! Congratulations.

Ila I hate selfish German driver­ Vettel. Amemfanyizia Burton kama alivyowahi kumfanyizia Webber. Roho chafu ya kijerumani (kama ya kaka yake Schumacher).

_48911490_hamilton640.jpg

Lewis Hamilton hailed his victory in an incident-packed Belgian Grand Prix at Spa as one of the best performances of his Formula 1 career

_48910606_hamilton_getty.jpg

Hamilton gains a 12-second lead over Kubica but his advantage is completely eroded as his intermediate tyres skid into the gravel at Rivage as the track continues to get soaked by persistent rain

_48910026_lweis_getty.jpg

Kwa raha zako tu dogo..sip sip!!

Position Driver Country Team Points
1 Lewis Hamilton GB McLaren-Mercedes 182
2 Mark Webber Aus Red Bull-Renault 179
3 Sebastian Vettel Ger Red Bull-Renault 151
4 Jenson Button GB McLaren-Mercedes 147
5 Fernando Alonso Spa Ferrari 141
6 Felipe Massa Brz Ferrari 109
7 Robert Kubica Pol Renault 104
8 Nico Rosberg Ger Mercedes GP 102

Lewis supremacy!! Congratulations.

Ila I hate selfish German driver* Vettel. Amemfanyizia Burton kama alivyowahi kumfanyizia Webber. Roho chafu ya kijerumani (kama ya kaka yake Schumacher).

Nadhani Sebastina Vettel ni dereva mzuri akiwa mbele aua anaongoza lakini akiwa nyuma hana mahesabu mazuri ya gap gani atumie kumpita mtu. Nimesikia kwenye matangazo wanasema mwaka jana issue kama hizi ndo zilimcost kukosa ubingwa wa udereva nasasa akiendelea kutokuwa makini anawapa mwanya Mc Laren

_49065337_schumacher766.jpg

Mkongwe mbona hang'ari huyu au ndo wakati umeshakuwa ukuta??
Former Ferrari driver Michael Schumacher has won a record five times at Monza but the German, who now drives for Mercedes, is unlikely to add to his victories on Sunday as he can only qualify in 12th for the race
_49065752_webber766q.jpg

For the first time this season, there will be no Red Bull car on the front row as Vettel slips to sixth while Webber put the disappointments of the morning session behind him but he will only start from fourth on the grid

Back
Top Bottom