Federal republic of tanzania

mwanamasala

JF-Expert Member
Jun 20, 2009
Assume we had the Federal Republic of Tanzania!

It comprises of the following Provinces:

Lake
: Kagera , Mara, Mwanza and Shinyanga

Central: Dodoma,Tabora and Singida

Highland: Iringa, Mbeya

Southern: Lindi, Mtwara and Ruvuma

Coast: Dar Es Salaam, Coast , Tanga and Morogoro

West: Kigoma and Rukwa

North East: Arusha, Kilimanjaro and Manyara

These regions/provinces could have their own parliament,and all MPS should be based on their respective regions,instead of the current situation where by majority of MPs only go to their constituents during election campaign!The Federal Parliament should have very few MPs to represent these regions on the Federal matters.

The only departments to be under Federal government is DEFENCE,POLICE,HEALTH and POLICE.The Provinces could collect taxes own their own and allow to spend for the benefits of citizens in the Province.Provinces could remit a certain percetange of tax to the Federal State to fund other provinces which have low income per capita.We could have Governors elected by people ,not current situation where by a president cronies are nominated as RC,DC whom most of them are retired army officers.

I believe the current graft (ufisadi) could not have go so far if we had Provinces!For example people of Highland region could not allow Kiwira Coal to be sold in the hands of Mkapa family,if the decision had to be decided in the Highland parliament!This decison was done by bureacrats from the Ministry who had no interests at all with Kiwira people.

We have seen many alike decisions especially in mining sector.

People around mines are not benefiting at all,there is no corporate social responsibility.The investment decision is done in Dar Es Salaam with people who even have not been to the area. Bulyankulu Gold mine has been there for quite sometime now!Imagine if the mine had paid taxes to the Province and reinvested back to the area! People around are still poor, no decent hospitals, roads etc.

The earning power of Lake Province is enormous. But the poverty you could find there is unimaginable.How many ounces of gold, fish, diamonds, cotton have exported since record begins?Yet people around are still poor, no good roads. If i want to travel from Mwanza to Dar ,i better use Kenya route!All these years if there was local parliament through their own tax systems ,they could have done wonderful,and help other regions through the Federal System.

I dream one day we will make sense.

Do you that we have local authorities (City Councils, Municipal, Urban and District under the concellors from the localities, what is happening in these administrative areas? Ufisadi as usual. Ufisadi is not issue of central govt, it is attitude of mind. Discuss!

Do you that we have local authorities (City Councils, Municipal, Urban and District under the concellors from the localities, what is happening in these administrative areas? Ufisadi as usual. Ufisadi is not issue of central govt, it is attitude of mind. Discuss!

Absolutely true. 100%

If you have the local director of Municipal/Council is better than else.Local means within the Province.I cant understand why a Mtwara guy,can come way down to be a director in Mwanza.Unless he/she has expertise which nobody in the region has!

Umetwanga msumari. Tuna mfumo wa serikali mzuri...sema tunashindwa kuutumia!

Tatizo la Tanzania ni kwamba watu walio committed na wazalendo na sio mfumo! Wapatie wajapan nchi yetu mfumo ukiwa uleule ila watu tofauti (wajapan) halafu sisi tuhamie Japan ndani ya miaka kumi, utaona matoke tutaanza kutafuta viza za kuja "majuu"-TZ mpya na kuikimbia Japan! Hata kama kuna sheria nzuri na mifumo mizuri namna gani, nchi ikiachwa ijiendee yenyewe kama ilivyo sasa ambapo hata kama JK asipokuwepo muda wote (akiendelea kuvinjari tu majuu) nchi itajiendesha tu yenyewe!

"sisi tuhamie Japan ndani ya miaka kumi"

Tutamuduje maisha ya kukumbana na athari halisi za natural disasters kama earthquake, typhoone, na winter kama kwetu tu summer au heatwave yetu imetushinda.. joto likija dar tu njia ya mkato ni kulala nje na watoto hutokwa na vipele vya joto kama kazi...

Inabidi kwanza tuanze kuitengeneza nyumbani kabla ya kufikilia kupewa ready made country maana vitu vya kupewa kama misaada vinatufumba macho na tunakuwa kama matonya ambaye siku zote huhamisha makao kwa maslahi yake bila kujua kwamba watu humsaidia ili ajisaidie lakini yeye ni kuomba tu na kupewa misaada...

Hiyo ndio Tz yetu... iko siku hata hawa wahisani wataanza kutushushua maana siku zote bonge inajisifia kwa amani , lakini haijisifii kwamba ni bingwa wa kuomba misaada ambayo baade inaishia kwenye mifuko ya mafisadi...

Mbona hii ni ya upande mmoja tu? Zanzibar je? My idea would have been having a union President with a Vice president and two Premiers for Zanzibar and Tanganyika who together with union portfolios of Foreign,Defence,Finance and Interior forming the union government.The two premiers will then form their own respective governments for Zanzibar and Tanganyika while being answerable to their rspective legislatures(no more union parliament and no more due representation for Zanzibaris through wawakilishi and wabunge for 1000 people!).Probably introduce a senate for the union comprising of regional elected senators(eg A senator for Kigoma,Tanga,Mjini Magharibi etc)...my thoughts anyway.....

Kwa kweli mfumo uliopo nchini kwetu ni mbaya sana kwa sababu zifuatazo:
(a) Hautuwezeshi watanzania kuwa huru kifikra na kiuchumi kila
mmoja wetu ktk eneo alilopo.
(b) Ni mfumo unaoendeleza dhana ya kikoloni kwa rais kututeulia
wakuu wa mikoa na wilaya wenye mamlaka ya kifalme (kama
alivyokuwa anafanya malkia wa Uingereza kututeulia magavana
na kisha kupandikiza wakuu wa wilaya).
(c) Mfumo huu unawadumaza watu wa baadhi ya maeneo na nchini
na kuwaaminisha wao ni watu wa mikoa maskini na daima
wanastahili kawa wanasaidiwa na mikoa tajiri.
(d) Mfumo wa sasa pia hausaidii kukuza uzalendo kadri siku
zinavyokwenda na mabadiriko anuai ya kidunia

Naomba niishie hapa kwa sasa

Back
Top Bottom