Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Fears of rape in Kenya's slums 'trap women'

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by Wacha1, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Wacha1

Wacha1 JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010

[​IMG]

Nairobi's slums are home
    to more than half the city's population

2. Bantugbro

Bantugbro JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    OMG! this is pity for a city/country supposed to be full of intellectuals and an envy for the EAC!. Africa where are we going? i cant believe what i see..:crying:

3. eliakeem

eliakeem JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Actually is normal for slums to have high crime rate. The solution is to concentrate on the distributive land policy.

4. Injinia

Injinia JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    In defense of my Kenyan cousins, mbona hii ni kitu ya kawaida tu?
    There are slums everywhere. Any metropolis in the world is bound to have some...some are more recognizable (e.g. Mathare, Nairobi) while others are not (e.g. areas of London and New York)

Amnesty Intl. have run out of 'humanitarian crises' to report on and have decided to descend on Mathare. Which is not an entirely bad thing, but are they exposing Mathare for the right reasons? What percentage of the residents expressed this fear of rape?

Huo ni ulaji wao....

5. Abdulhalim

Abdulhalim JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Flying toilets??lol

6. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Kibunango (Kibs) yuko wapi??!! lol

7. Bantugbro

Jul 7, 2010
    Where is the land to distribute mkuu??

8. RealDeal

RealDeal JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    I believe most of the African countries have slums and that doesn't justify absence/presence of intellectuals. What matters is governance, because there are also very wealthy African countries blessed with natural resources but they possess equally bad slums.

9. Abdulhalim

Abdulhalim JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Kibs labda amerejea Unguja, jaribu kuchek naye.

10. Bantugbro

Jul 7, 2010
    I know there is no point of arguing how they started but it seems these slums are growing at a very high rate. 60% of the city is already slummed the future of Nairobi is in danger!. Where are the intellectuals/planners?. Don't tell me EA biggest economy don't have money to implement these kind of projects!. What are the priorities, building a road to Juba?....or is this a LAND PROBLEM?

11. Wacha1

Wacha1 JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Mkuu unaweza kutuwekea slums za London please? Maneno matupu hayavunji mfupa kata mzizi wa fitna. Isijekuwa unaisikia tu London kwenye bomba.

12. Steve Dii

Steve Dii JF-Expert Member

Jul 7, 2010
    Kwakuwa nimeona pahala pengi hapa jamvini mkisema kuwa Kenya ina intellectual wengi na wajanja wengi; je, kwa kauli yako hapo juu huoni kuwa kuwepo kwa 'vilaza' Tanzania (kama Smatta alivyo waita Wabongo juu), hakutaletewa mabadiliko yoyote yale yaliyo chanya, kwani hata kuondokana na slums tu huko makwao kumewashinda?!

13. Rufiji

Rufiji JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Wait a minute, did they say that Nairobi slums are homes to more than half the city's population ? My goodness, this is terribly sad. Anyway, Kenyans should be commended for their invention of flying toilet, I hope they are going to patent it.

14. n

nomasana JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    again, another garbage report.

no wonder meles zenawi trashed amnesty intl and human rights groups.

15. Injinia

Injinia JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Ha ha. For your information I live in London. Ndio maana nikasema, 'some slums are more recognizable than others. Good examples can be found in areas of East London (the Stratford area, which luckily is now undergoing a major revamp due to the coming Olympics) and North London (Kentish town) and Hackney, to name but a few.

Wewe inaelekea ndio unaoa picha zing'aazo za downtown London na za The City ukadhani huku kunang'aa tu!

16. Wacha1

Wacha1 JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Weka picha hapa wacha blah blah unafikiri ukisema unaishi London nani atashituka, weka nondo hapa maneno matupu hayavunji mfupa. Weka mambo hapa tujue zipi mbivu.

Au weka link, google map London yote iko kwenye google map weka hapa hata Post codes sisi tutawawekea wadau waone wenyewe kama ni slums wacha kudanganya toto hapa..

17. The Quonquerer

The Quonquerer JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Smatta and Co. are busy 'taking over' Jamhuri ya Muungano. Even if they were slums in Bongo , haziwezi kufikia hizo na wala we don't go around the region bragging how smart we are. Bw. Injia, i've lived in the US kwa muda mrefu, and i spent a night in London. Tuletee picha angalau za London slums, sidhani kama zinaweza kuwa kama hizo za wakenya!!!

18. RealDeal

RealDeal JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    You should not be in a position to say that because a STAGGERING 92% OF TANZANIA'S URBAN POPULATION LIVE IN SLUMS.

19. Injinia

Injinia JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    You are so warped, man! What is so special about London? Or any other Western city that I should not dare say there are very impoverished areas within them?

I never even intended to say I lived here until you claimed I had only heard of such places. I wish you knew, its not a big deal living here, one can have good life anywhere if one works hard. In Tanzania too, even outside the big cities. So grow up. There are people living in card board shacks in New York, but of course if the media is your only source of information, you will only get the glitzy images.

I believe you have access to a computer, search 'Impoverished areas of London' or 'Hackney, London' or any of the other areas I mentioned.

20. RRONDO

RRONDO JF-Expert Member

Jul 8, 2010
    mkuu,nimejaribu kutafuta kwenye computer sijaona hizo SLUMS,pia nimeshatembelea HACKNEY,STRATFORD,LEYTON,LEYTONSTONE,UPTON PARK etc sijaona hizo SLUM or anything closer to MATHARE SLUM,naomba nisaidie hata post code ya hayo maeneo next time nije na camera yangu............