Fatimah Jackson, Interesting

PlanckScale

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2008
Over the weekend I have been reading about the use mtDNA on determining human population distribution. I came a cross a name of anthropologist Fatimah Jackson, who with her colleague (Lieberman) questioned the validity of race (the human race, that is) has a scientific concept.

Anyway, I became curious about her name (Fatimah)....
Sure enough she looks very much like an East African woman...

Hivi huyu dada sio mbongo kweli jamani? Nyie mlioko Unyamwezini ebu tuambieni, especially hapo Maryland University maana wabongo wengi wame soma hapo....

UMD Anthropology

Ni kweli kabisa kwa kuangalia jina lake utasema ni Mswahili fulani, lakini hapa chini tunaambiwa ni AfroAmerican!

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Jump to: navigation, search
Fatimah Jackson, full name Fatimah Linda Collier Jackson is an African American biologist and anthropologist. She is a professor of Applied Biological Anthropology at the University of Maryland and has been teaching there for over 15 years.[1] She is the recipient of numerous awards and honors, including the "Distinguished Scholar Teacher Award" (University of Maryland, 1995). Jackson made a notable appearance on the PBS program, African American Lives (hosted by Henry Louis Gates) alongside renowned geneticist, Rick Kittles.

Back
Top Bottom