Facebook cry for help at last minutes

ngoshwe

JF-Expert Member
Mar 31, 2009
Mother's Facebook cry for help over yobs minutes before girl, 5, and boy, 2, die in 'arson attack'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...bs-minutes-girl-5-boy-2-die-arson-attack.html

Two children have been killed in a suspected arson attack just minutes after their mother posted a message on Facebook about yobs who had been terrorising the family.
Fiona Adams, 23, was forced to leap from an upstairs window clutching her baby son after being overcome by intense heat and flames while trying to rescue her son Cayden, two, and daughter Niamh, five, who both died in the blaze.

Police had been called to the terraced property just an hour before over reports threats made by louts outside.

Enlarge
Tragic: Fiona Adams with her daughter Niamh and son Cayden in a picture placed on her Bebo page. Both children died in the horrific blaze​

Shortly after they left, Ms Adams posted the message to yobs who had been making their lives a misery: 'You can smash the windows and the car but you won't get me and the kids.'
Their house went up in flames less than 45 minutes later.
Police are treating the fire as ‘suspicious’. Last night, a 17-year-old boy was arrested in connection with the incident but has now been released without charge.
The blaze happened at about 11.45pm on Friday night just an hour after officers searched the area near Ms Adams' home in Buxton, Derbyshire.

Yesterday both Ms Adams and her baby were being treated in hospital for severe burns.

Ms Adams was said to be ‘stable’ – no condition was given for her child.
At the time of the fire, the children’s father, hotel worker James Maynard, had gone to play pool after finishing his shift at 10.30pm.

Enlarge
Emergency services attend the scene of a house fire in Buxton, Derbyshire, in which two young children died​

Friends said he was in a state of shock, blaming himself for the tragedy because he had not gone straight home.

Ms Adams’s cousin, Kerry Halsey, said: ‘Fiona jumped out of the window with her baby and tried to go back for the other two children but couldn’t get them out.’
Close friend Karen Jackson, 29, added: ‘Whoever has done this deserves to be hanged. They were lovely, brilliant kids, happy and well-loved. I’ve heard someone was harassing Fiona and throwing things at the house.

‘The father’s brother tried kicking in the door to get into the house to help. It’s just awful.’

Relatives and friends were in tears yesterday as they gathered to lay flowers and teddy bears outside the house.
Neighbour Karen Jackson, 29, who has known Ms Adams for seven years, said: 'Fiona had already gone to the hospital. Cayden and Niamh were still in the house, they were trapped.
'They were brilliant, a lovely family. Fiona loved the kids to bits, they would do anything for the kids.'

Enlarge
Members of the public bring floral tributes to the scene of a house fire in Buxton, Derbyshire​

She said she could not think of anyone who would want to harm the family.
'Everyone liked them, everyone. They didn't have any enemies,' she said.

'It's heartbreaking, I'm still in shock now. I just feel numb.'
Jasmine Maynard, the children's aunt, posted a tribute to Niamh and Cayden on Facebook, saying: 'To my precious lil angels I love you so much my life has an empty hole in it now I can't believe u've been taken from us. 4va n always in my heart love aunt Jaz.
'Jay, fiona and my precious lil Kiernan if you need anything i'm here 4 u hold in there stay strong love you xxx'

Tributes dedicated to Niamh and Cayden were also piling up at the scene near the house, with people arriving throughout the day.
One read: 'Cayden, rest in peace little man.' Another said: 'Niamh, rest in peace angel.'
Another message read: 'Sleep with the angels little darlings, God bless.'
A Derbyshire Police spokesman told the Sun Ms Adams's Facebook postings were part of the investigation.

Assistant Chief Constable Steve Cotterill said officers were called to the house in Edale Way around an hour before the fire broke out.
He said Ms Adams had called the constabulary's non-emergency number to report noise and nuisance in the garden.
Mr Cotterill said that, because of the earlier contact with the force, the Independent Police Complaints Commission had been informed of the incident.
He said: 'My heart goes out to the family, the friends affected by this terrible tragedy.
'It always feels more difficult to me to comprehend when young children are involved.
'We do not know the cause of the fire as yet at this stage, but we are treating it as suspicious because on the face of it there is no apparent obvious accidental cause.
'We are now looking for any possibility there may be a connection to the first call with the fire that took place an hour later.'
He said police had attended the address several times over the past three years, but to attend domestic-related incidents rather than anti-social behaviour or nuisance-related incidents.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1268698/Buxton-Mothers-Facebook-help-yobs-minutes-girl-5-boy-2-die-arson-attack.html#ixzz0m86HvRoJ

Back
Top Bottom