Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Facebook: A spy tool for the US Government - Julian Assange

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Askari Kanzu, May 4, 2011.

1. Askari Kanzu

Askari Kanzu JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange rails against Facebook, says it's a spy tool for US government

BY Nina Mandell
    DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

[​IMG]

WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange called Facebook
    "the most appalling spying machine ever invented" in an interview with Russia Today, pointing to the popular social networking site as one of the top tools for the U.S. to spy on its citizens.

"Here we have the world's most comprehensive database about people, their relationships, their names, their addresses, their locations, their communications with each other and their relatives, all sitting within the United States, all accessible to US Intelligence," he said. "Facebook, Google, Yahoo, all these major U.S. organizations have built-in infaces for US intelligence.

"Everyone should understand that when they add their friends to Facebook they are doing free work for the United States intelligence agencies,"
    he added.

The comments were a bit strange, coming from the founder of a website best known for pushing spilling secret information.

In an email to the Daily News, a Facebook spokesman denied the company was doing anything that they weren't legally obligated to do, saying that "the legal standards for compelling a company to turn over data are determined by the laws of the country, and we respect that standard."

"We don't respond to pressure, we respond to compulsory legal process," the spokesperson wrote. "There has never been a time we have been pressured to turn over data -- we fight every time we believe the legal process is insufficient."

In any event, many Facebook users have been increasingly concerned about the sharing of their information.

In 2010, three Democratic senators asked the FTC to look at the social networking site's information-sharing policies.

The Wall Street Journal has reported that popular Facebook apps like Farmville and Causes also shared users' information with advertising and tracking companies.

Concerns about information-sharing has seemingly done little to dissuade the more than 250 million people who use Facebook - including someone who created an official WikiLeaks page on the site.

More than 1.72 million people clicked that they like it.

Assange is currently in England, awaiting extradition to Sweden to face sexual assault charges.

Source

2. Sooth

Sooth JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Facebook has received fund from In-Q-tel in the past. Now, In-Q-tel (CIA's venture firm) funds companies developing technologies that can keep American Intelligence Agencies ahead of technology so as to catch up with criminals/terrorists etc. They are everywhere-tweeter, Myspace etc.

3. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 4, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]
    I can now at least understand Gaddafi's quote on face book
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]
    [/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]I am not such a dictator that I would shut down face book; I will merely imprison anyone who logs into it [FONT=&quot]- Colonel Gaddafi[/FONT][/FONT]

4. Inkoskaz

Inkoskaz JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Assange has exposed the truth,PB membership is a chain of ppl who are somehow related or knows you which makes security agents easy to trace yr informations

5. Bantugbro

Bantugbro JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Mkuu, hilo la FB halina ubishi hebu angalia lyrics za KRS One kwenye wimbo wa Teknology hapa chini:

Class gather round right now
    The session ain't over
    Salaam [?] provide the beat
    Uh, I think this will do
    Gather round, yeah

You don't need to be stressing, you don't need to be guessing
    The Obama Deception, that was just one lesson
    The military got all kind of weapons
    And most of them are pointed at us from different directions
    You looking for the same look
    You protesting they guns but you using they Facebook
    Oh you don't get it yet?
    The American military captured the world with the internet
    You using military tools
    And if you use these tools in school, you're in military school
    Don't be fooled, man don't you realise
    It's humanity that rules, God will not lose
    It's not about what's outside of me
    The question is what can you do without the use of technology

Can you sing, can you run, can you weave?
    Can you draw, can you dance, can you perceive?
    What do you believe?
    Do you believe your world was ended on twenty-twelve at Christmas Eve?
    Mind over matter, matter over mind
    Where's the ladder? Either way we gon' climb

Up, up, up, up
    Up, up, up, ho
    Up, up, up, up
    Up, up

I ain't finished yet, my skills ain't diminished yet
    I'm that emcee that shows you how I'll it get
    Open your eye, tell me if you feel it yet
    I hope you rely on your soul, did they steal it yet?
    Well if they didn't, to you this was written
    Get off the block before the Glock start ripping

6. Ami

Ami JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Hizi ndude zote ziko hivyo.Tuzitumie sisi tu watu wa kubwabwaja.Anayekusudia ugaidi asisogee.
    Hata hawa Mod na admnistrator wa JF nina shaka nao.Kwa kutumia IP address zetu hutujua kila mmoja yuko wapi.Jaribu siku moja kubadili jina lako kwa IP ile ile utaona ujumbe watakaokuletea.Wakipewa kitu kidogo na CIA unadhani itakuwa vipi?.
    Mimi mwenzenu Facebook na Twitter wala siwaelewi na hawanivutii kabisa.Siku nitaanzisha mada kuwajadili.Siioni matumizi yake.Kila siku wananiletea ujumbe AMI people want to talk to you in Facebook lakini siendi.

7. AshaDii

AshaDii Platinum Member

May 4, 2011

Very funny in a serious way ....

8. m

mwabaluhi JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    If you are clean and innocent you got nothing to fear from these security agents. After all its your choice whether to join facebook or not, to put accurate and sensitive personal info or not.

In my opinion the biggest threat does not come from security agents but from career criminals and conmen. So watch out

9. Gavana

Gavana JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    &lt;br /&gt;<br />
    &lt;br /&gt; WAULIZE ASKARI NA MAKACHERO WA BONGO WAKIKUTAKA SI LAZIMA UWE INNOCENT HATA MSOKOTO WA SIGARA WAWEZA KUEKEWA MFUKONI UKAAMBIWA UNAVUTA WAKATI HATA SIGARA HUJUI INAVYOVUTWA

10. Rungu

Rungu JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Halafu kwenye FB kuna wabongo kibao. Sasa shauri yao!

11. Sooth

Sooth JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    It is about freedom of speech, rather than terrorism or fundamentalism. You don't utter anti-American sentiments on Facebook and then go to the American Embassy to apply for Visa. They will judge you based on what you posted on Facebook, which is unfair-we can't all be singing praise for America for everything they do. There are times when they are right, sometimes wrong.

12. Rungu

Rungu JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    Well said!

13. m

May 4, 2011
    Kweli mkuu, kwa mtaji huo hakuna aliye salama 100 kwa 100

14. m

May 4, 2011
    I'm not certain of this. But I guess it might be used as a tool of assessing one's behavioural orientation. Similarly this can be/has been used by employers when assessing job applicants. That is my thinking

15. Edward Teller

Edward Teller JF-Expert Member

May 4, 2011
    [FONT=&quot]It has already been in practice for quite long time[/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Check hii[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Asylum-seeking 'Tibetan freedom fighter' exposed as fake[/FONT]
    4 April 2011 (The Australian)
    An asylum-seeker's false claim to being a persecuted Tibetan freedom fighter was exposed when authorities checked his Facebook profile.
    The young man, who arrived in Australia using an Indian passport in 2009, claimed he was from a family of Tibetan activists forced to flee Chinese rule in 1991.
    For more information-[FONT=&quot]Asylum[/FONT]-[FONT=&quot]seeking[/FONT] 'Tibetan freedom fighter' exposed as fake .:.

16. mfianchi

mfianchi JF-Expert Member

May 5, 2011
    Kwani Osama alikuwa kwenye FB,dunia ya siku hizi imebadilika iko uchi hata ujifiche wapi ubadilishe majina ,utumie au usitumie Fb ,simu,mtandao wakitaka wenyewe watakudaka tu