F1 2008

Status
Not open for further replies.
race01_666x450_637708a.jpg

F1 Championship rivals Felipe Massa (left) and Lewis Hamilton shake hands prior to the Brazilian GP at Interlagos

race02_666x450_637729a.jpg

The drivers line up for a group photo prior to the Brazilian Grand Prix at Interlagos

crash_666x450_637726a.jpg

David Coulthard (centre) collides with Japanese Kazuki Nakajima of Williams at the first lap of Brazilian GP

redirector.asp

Lewis Hamilton celebrates winning the Formula One Championship at the Brazilian F1 Grand Prix

race13_350x475_637830a.jpg

Lewis Hamilton celebrates with team mate Heikki Kovalainen

race14_350x475_637832a.jpg

Lewis Hamilton celebrates his F1 world championship win with his father Anthony

race07_666x450_637753a.jpg

Lewis Hamilton’s Girlfriend Nicole Scherzinger and brother Nicholas celebrate after he wins the F1 title

race08_350x475_637783a.jpg

What the drivers said

Lewis Hamilton (McLaren)
"Honestly, I did not know if we had when I crossed the line. I was thinking 'shoot!' I am just not sure - have I done enough? Did we get it?
"And they told me and I felt just ecstatic. We had made it. You can forget everything else that has happened before now. This is the best and it was the toughest race of my life.
"I have to thank everyone, my Dad, my family, my fans and supporters back home and the team. It would be great to do it again in the future, but I am not sure if my heart can take that final lap all over again.

Massa

It has been such an emotional day for me, I drove a perfect race and everything went to well.
"Then the rain came at the end again and I knew what was happening. We thought it was going to happen and it almost did, then I saw Lewis passing Timo Glock and I suddenly had such a lot of emotions.
"I was so emotional, but I am proud of the team, of my team, my family, the people here today and the whole season and the championship. It is one more day of my life, Lewis has won it and I am going to learn from this."

Timo Glock (Toyota)
"I was on dry tyres at the end of the race when it was raining quite badly and it was just impossible on the last lap. I was fighting as hard as I could but it was so difficult to just keep the car on the track and I lost positions right at the end of the lap. Finishing in the top six is a decent result for me because I'd been struggling with the car earlier in the weekend but we were very close to fourth place so I am a bit disappointed."
"It's the end of my first season with Toyota and I'm happy with it as a whole. It was not easy for me early on but we improved the car a lot and I also improved myself during the year. Since Hockenheim it's been positive for me; beating my target of 20 points and finishing on the podium as well is a good achievement. Now we have to work even harder for next year to make another step forward."

Sebastian Vettel (Toro Rosso)
"It was a difficult and chaotic race and it's great to end the season on a high with this fourth place," he said. "I didn't make any mistakes and I feel we deserved this result, even if I was hoping for a podium. It was great to be racing against Massa, Alonso and Hamilton. Great fun!
"Towards the end, I was concentrating on staying on the track and I didn't know where I was in terms of position and I just tried to pass Lewis like any other guy and I succeeded. I passed Timo just at the last corner, as he was struggling on dry tyres. Lewis was behind me at that moment, but as I wasn't sure where I was after the final pit stop for rain tyres, I was definitely not aware that I might be influencing the world championship.
"It was hard to know who was a backmarker or not and as it got darker and darker it was even difficult to know who the cars in front of you were. The important thing is that I scored five points. It's been a fantastic season."

Fernando Alonso (Renault)
"I am very happy with this second place. The conditions were difficult but we were able to take advantage of them. We did our maximum, the team made the right decisions at the right times, and I managed to keep Raikkonen behind me until the finish. It's a fantastic result for the team and a great way to end the season.
Nelson Piquet (Renault)

Last edited:
conspiracy,conspiracy,Timo glock has sold ferrari a pup by letting hamilton through.Anyway the mighty ferrari will rise again to claim her rightfull place in F1

conspiracy,conspiracy,Timo glock has sold ferrari a pup by letting hamilton through.Anyway the mighty ferrari will rise again to claim her rightfull place in F1
_45167738_glock_b282.jpg

Timo Glock insists he did not hand the Formula One world title to Lewis Hamilton after the Briton dramatically overtook him on the last lap in Brazil.
That pass was critical, giving Hamilton the fifth-placed finish he needed to become the youngest ever world champion in the final race of the season.
But the German told BBC Radio 5 Live his decision not to change tyres as the rain began to fall ultimately cost him.
"It was a hard race," he said. "I tried my best to get some points for Toyota."
Ferrari's Felipe Massa thought he had won the world title as he crossed the line in front of his home Brazilian fans at Sunday's Grand Prix with Hamilton in sixth.
But, in a dramatic finale mere seconds later, Hamilton overtook Glock's Toyota - slowing because he was still on dry tyres despite the falling rain in the closing laps - to clinch the fifth place he needed, and with it the driver's championship by just one point.
"Six laps from the end I asked about the tyre situation and about the weather conditions, and I said every time 'I'll stay out, one more lap, one more lap' and at the end I stayed out for the whole race," explained Glock.

More at BBC SPORT

Hamilton in McLaren career pledge​

_45176802_lew_466.jpg

World champion Lewis Hamilton says he intends to drive for the McLaren team for the rest of his Formula One career.
Hamilton made the pledge at a "welcome home" event staged by McLaren at their base in Woking, Surrey, on Wednesday.

"I'm with the team I've always dreamt of driving for, and I've got the car I always wanted - so why change?" said 23-year-old Hamilton.
"I don't know how long I'll be in F1 - but I want to see my career out with this team, and that's my plan."
Hamilton, who won his first world title in a nail-biting climax to Sunday's Brazilian Grand Prix, was welcomed at the McLaren Technology Centre by the team's 1,000-strong workforce, plus another 500 ancillary staff.
He drove his F1 car around the Norman Foster-designed building's ornamental lake, parked it outside the main entrance and entered to huge cheers from the McLaren staff and applause from the media.
Standing in front of a collection of the trophies McLaren have won during their 40 years in F1, he made a composed, eloquent speech to the employees and described how he had still not fully come to terms with the magnitude of his achievement.

More at BBC SPORT

Last edited:
kibunango,hiyo 1000 na another 500 ancillary workforce ni ya kutengeneza hizo F1 cars pekee au kuna shuguli ingine? sasa huko ferrari hiyo workforce itakuwaje?

kibunango,hiyo 1000 na another 500 ancillary workforce ni ya kutengeneza hizo F1 cars pekee au kuna shuguli ingine? sasa huko ferrari hiyo workforce itakuwaje?
Hiyo ni kuanzia utengenezaji, ushiriki promotion, mafundi, wanaotest, wapambe na ghasia zote ili gari lake lishiriki kwenye mashindano. Pamoja na workforce yote hiyo hana kocha...

F1 boss cools Hamilton racism row​

Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone has dismissed suggestions the sport has a problem with racism.
Britain's Lewis Hamilton was the victim of abuse during pre-season testing in Spain and in the build-up to Sunday's deciding Grand Prix in Brazil.
Ecclestone described the supporters' actions as "a joke" and told BBC Radio 5 Live: "I don't think it has anything to do with racism."
But Hamilton responded by saying: "I didn't see it as a joke."
Despite being unhappy with his treatment at the hands of fans at certain circuits on the F1 calendar, Hamilton said he would not allow the incidents to get to him.
"It's something that happened but it is in the past," added Hamilton, the first black driver in F1 history.
"What's more important to me is that I had a lot of support, especially from UK fans.
"As long as I have my country behind me, it makes me very proud. I'm proud to see my fellow countrymen holding up the flag. All the other stuff I need to put behind me.

More @ BBC SPORT

F1 boss clears air with Hamilton

_45184897_ecchamgetty226.jpg
Formula One boss Bernie Ecclestone says he has cleared the air with Lewis Hamilton after seeming to make light of racist abuse aimed at the Briton.
At a Barcelona test session in February several people donned wigs, blackened their faces and wore t-shirts with 'Hamilton's family' written on them.

Ecclestone was then criticised for calling it a "joke", but he clarified: "I meant they were a joke, clowns.
"I've spoken with Lewis's dad Anthony and he understands, everything's fine."
The F1 supremo acted to clarify his comments to BBC Radio 5 Live after he said he believed the actions of those fans in Barcelona "had nothing to do with racism".
Newly-crowned world champion Hamilton insisted he did not see it as a joke and, amid suggestions he was condoning racism, Ecclestone was roundly condemned by groups such as Kick It Out.

I've dealt with people all over the world for many years and I have no feeling with regard to religion, race, colour, creed or whatever
Bernie Ecclestone
But Ecclestone, 78, replied: "People should remember I was the one who pulled F1 out of South Africa because of apartheid, so no one can say I am against black people.

"I deal with Lewis and his dad all the time. We are good friends and I even play cards with Anthony. I have even had many black people come up and shake my hand and thank me for helping Lewis get into F1.

"I've dealt with people all over the world for many years and I have no feeling with regard to religion, race, colour, creed or whatever."

Referring to the incidents in Barcelona, he said: "If I had had the opportunity, I would have got those guys, dragged them into the paddock and asked them to explain themselves and say the things they were apparently saying directly to Lewis.
"Anyone who does this sort of thing against Muslims, Jews or whoever, are third-rate people."

F1... does not come close to the racism you see in people's first love, and that's football
David Coulthard
And Ecclestone has found support in the form of David Coulthard, who said: "It is trying to be built into something much bigger than it is.
"What happened in Spain because of those four guys, I'm sorry, but it hardly represents a nation of racists.

"I've seen some people having a pop at Bernie for trying to play it down, but what would you expect him to do? He is the ringmaster, the guy that has created this amazing foundation of business success that enables all of us to earn our pennies.

"We're all talking about Lewis being the first billion dollar sportsman, well that is on the foundations of what Bernie has created. To turn round and try to get Bernie to offer an apology to Lewis is just ridiculous.
"F1 may have many failings, but it does not come close to the racism you see in people's first love, and that's football."

Kwa hisani ya BBC SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom