Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Expatriates??

Discussion in 'Jukwaa la Sheria (The Law Forum)' started by pihu, Apr 12, 2011.

1. p

pihu Senior Member

Apr 12, 2011
    Expatriates??
    Hi

I will appreciate your views on the following:

From the little knowledge that i have on law; i think we are supposed to have Expatriates for the rare professions and not for the professions already available in Tanzania at large!

Am i right on this? I do not think this is being implemented...!!

utaona kampuni moja has all the top personnels who are expatriates even the Operations Manager is an expatriate; i mean is this really acceptable?!

D'nt we have Tanzanians who are capable? By keeping the expatriates in such general positions ( which can easily be handled by locals; and maybe even handled more better then the locals) is our capability being questioned?

Is there any authority looking into this matter? Can i have the contact details?
    Because i believe its high time we get the positions we deserve; We Tanzanians are jobless and are striving to get a job while the foreigners are enjoying their stable lives; Hivi kosa letu ni nini? Why should we suffer in our own country while the foreigners come and enjoy and lead a stable struggle free life?

Tutaona makampuni mengi maexpats wamejaa; hivi kwanini? while watanzania tupo juani tunateseka kutafuta kazi na wenzetu wako kwenye maAC wametulia na kazi zao in our Country.

For a rare profession an expat is okay but for general professions.......mhhhhhhhhhh....!!!
    I will appreciate your views...!

2. dazu

dazu JF-Expert Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Tatizo linaanzia uhamiaji. Mtu ametoka kwao ni baunsa, anakuja bongo anapewa post anaitwa 'security expert'. Kazi yenyewe anafundishwa na wabongo wanaolipwa kiduchu. Kwa mujibu wa sheria Idara ya uhamiaji haipaswi kutoa vibali (Work permit) kwa mtu kuja kufanya kazi ambayo wabongo tunaweza. Rushwa!

3. AMARIDONG

AMARIDONG JF-Expert Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Mbona immigration wanadili na hizi issue kila siku na hii ni dili nzuri sana kwao wee waambie tuu watakuja kesho ,na watakupa hela na wewe.

Kisheria wanatakiwa wageni watano na tyena kwenye position ambazo mtanzania hawezi kukava

4. Devils Advocate

Devils Advocate Member

Apr 14, 2011
    Read the relevant Law. its Cap 243 od the Laws of Tanzania. the relevant section on expatrite is reproduced below:
    PART VI
    EMPLOYMENT OF FOREIGNERS (ss 24-27)
    [PCh243s24]24. Application
    This Part shall not apply to foreigners who are–
    (a) self-employed;
    (b) employed by non-profit making organisations of a religious or charitable nature;
    (c) exempted from the application of the provisions of this Part by the Minister by order in writing.
    [PCh243s25]25. Foreigners not to be employed in certain occupations
    (1) No employer shall employ a foreigner as an employee in any employment or class of employment which the Minister may from time to time by notice in the Gazette declare to be employment or class of employment in which citizens only may be employed.
    (2) Any employer who employs any foreigner in contravention of subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable on conviction, to a fine not less than one million shillings or to imprisonment for a term not less than six months, or to both such fine and imprisonment.