English learning thread

I need to learn about how to ask the question about clock.
Please I remember suggesting that you find a nearby place for you to learn.we will continue helping you here on this forum but you also need to do some efforts.I will just make minor correction on your post for the sake of learning
I need to learn about how to ask the question about clock
If you remember what we learned on articles(a,an,and the),have a look on the red highlighted part by writing the question it means you are referring to specific question that is already known to the people you are communicating with.Please find out if it is correct to say about clock or about time.Eg. you could have written it like
"I need to learn about asking questions about time" but then I feel like something is wrong because I have used the word "about " twice.What if you could have written "I need to learn on how to ask questions about time" at least i dont feel like something is wrong with this sentence.Please if you are serious about learning the language be ready to use some of your income on it.

Naomba kujua matumizi ya could na should.. tafadhali!
I will try if I will have time and remember to prepare the notice about the use of could and should.But just to leave you with something to digest,if you are familiar with the use of "can" could is used in place of "can" to show some politeness(please note this is just one use of it) e.g
Can you help me with this job?
Could you help me with this job?(this is more polite than the first).
I will come with the full explanation if God will.

hey ladies and gentlemen..

i get real like this thread, but currently there are different apps found on your smartphone, try to find "english tens" app and so many others, would be helpfull for english improvement, especially gramaticaly

Please I remember suggesting that you find a nearby place for you to learn.we will continue helping you here on this forum but you also need to do some efforts.I will just make minor correction on your post for the sake of learning
I need to learn about how to ask the question about clock
If you remember what we learned on articles(a,an,and the),have a look on the red highlighted part by writing the question it means you are referring to specific question that is already known to the people you are communicating with.Please find out if it is correct to say about clock or about time.Eg. you could have written it like
"I need to learn about asking questions about time" but then I feel like something is wrong because I have used the word "about " twice.What if you could have written "I need to learn on how to ask questions about time" at least i dont feel like something is wrong with this sentence.Please if you are serious about learning the language be ready to use some of your income on it.
Thank you sir Aqua but you have to realize that I have got some changes since when I have joined this thread so I don't predict any different if I will determine to use money to buy this education. Sometimes I have been incorrecting not that I don't know about the kind of verb or sentence, but because I forgert to put some thing to make it clear, for example an article(a,an & the).

I will work your advice and help. Thank you sir.

Thank you sir Aqua but you have to realize that I have got some changes since when I have joined this thread so I don't predict any different if I will determine to use money to buy this education. Sometimes I have been incorrecting not that I don't know about the kind of verb or sentence, but because I forgert to put some thing to make it clear, for example an article(a,an & the).

I will work your advice and help. Thank you sir.
I have observed another problem you are translating swahili direct to english for example you can not write "since when" I think you mean "tangu wakati" English is not that way.I will highlight some mistakes you have made.
I have seen your English my advice you need to have physical contact with someone to teach you otherwise you may use a long time to master the language if and only if you will continue learning the way you are doing now.
You are suffering from swahili to english direct translation see you sentence below
but you have to realize that I have got some changes since when I have joined this thread
You should have written
But you have to realize that I have improved since I joined this thread
I have used improved and not changes as you have done to me I see changes as "mabadiliko/nimebadilika" I see like you just did a direct swahili to English translation.

I did not understand this statement of yours " I don't predict any different if I will determine to use money to buy this education. "Can you clarify/elaborate what you meant?

I really like this post, i have learnt a lot and i hope to learn moree.. I want to speak English fluently, hope i ll make it.

I have never seen this learning thread before its really interesting, i hope to emprove my english through this thread, many thanks to anyone who started this thread, great job

Am flabbergasted not because of the bold step you've undertaken but because you've chosen to learn a language that's disliked by most Tanzanians.
I wish you all the best. You'll probably make it.

Am flabbergasted not because of the bold step you've undertaken but because you've chosen to learn a language that's disliked by most Tanzanians.
I wish you all the best. You'll probably make it.

It's only disliked by people who have failed to learn it in schools, mostly state schools, popularly known as "kata".

The education system have failed them.

English is one of the two official languages of Tanzania. However, by making students learn it at later stage of their education, coupled with lack of funds to employ qualified teachers, it made it difficult for many Tanzanians to know English fluently by the time they graduate.

They are the ones who point fingers at China and Russia and say, if they don't use it and got successful, why should we? They also think that learning English is like supporting colonialism.

The matter of fact is that, English, is a world language. Seventy percent of the Internet is in English. International business is conducted in English. We can't escape from this reality, however much we like our own other language, Swahili.

The Russians know that. The Swedes know that. The Chinese know that. That is why, they spend millions of dollars to educate their citizens, not only in English, but also in other foreign languages.

Just because Jinping doesn't speak English in public doesn't mean that English is not important to learn. English is not one of their official languages like in Tanzania, and we shouldn't expect them to know it. But the Chinese are way ahead of the game.

If you go to their schools, you will find it that their children are taught many foreign languages, including English. You can also buy local newspaper in English. Tourist information is in English. Road signs are in English. Most young students spend thousands of dollars to study in English universities overseas. In fact, majority of foreign students in America and the UK are Chinese nationals.
Most tuition centers have native English teachers in China and charge huge fees.

One can be patriotic and smart at the same time. Tanzanians should learn from this.

Back
Top Bottom