English learning thread

Some corrections:

What is the simple way?

What was the problem?

Who made it?

Why we should use the intead of a in your correction ahead?

First of all I will correct your question and then answer it.

Correction:
Why should we use "the" instead of "a" in your above correction?

Answer to your question:
We use "the" because you are asking for a specific (one) "simple way" and a specific (one) "problem".

I will give you examples where an "a" could have been used.

1. Is there a simple way?
2. Was there a problem?

Maybe an English-major or grammar teacher can come here and expand on my explanation.

I have been: this is used to show an action which has been taking place for a period of time and is in progress until now. eg, 1.I have been working since morning.
2.You have been preparing breakfast.
3.He has been playing football. but you can learn, THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
In case of I HAD BEEN: learn,THE PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE, Is formed by HAD +BEEN+ING Used to show an action that had been going on in the past up to the another action started eg: 1.I had been playing football
2. You had been teaching English.
actually I have tried to help but I am not fluent in English. they can also correct me

I understood you but what if we put the word was instead of had or has and form a sentence I was been prepare a break fast? what is my wrong?

Sasa kwa mfano nikitaka kusema nimekuwa nikiandika natakiwa kutumia write,writing au written? na kwanini tutumie hivyo?

Kama unataka kusema nimekuwa nikiandika ila unamanisha sitaandika tena unatumia I have written hii ni Present Perfect Tense, ila kama unasema nimekuwa nikiandika na nitaendelea kuandika unasema I have been writing hii ni Present Perfect Continuous tense

ya kwanza inaongelea kilichofanyika na kumalizika karibuni, ya pili inaongelea kilichofanyika na kinaendelea kufanyika.

Folks,

If we really want to learn both languages (English and KiSwahili) properly, please refrain from using slang, shortcuts (the kind used in social media between friends). If we are not serious in this endeavor it will be an uphill struggle. Just a word of caution.

I second you.

Some corrections:

What is the simple way?

What was the problem?

Who made it?

First of all I will correct your question and then answer it.

Correction:
Why should we use "the" instead of "a" in your above correction?

Answer to your question:
We use "the" because you are asking for a specific (one) "simple way" and a specific (one) "problem".

I will give you examples where an "a" could have been used.

1. Is there a simple way?
2. Was there a problem?

Maybe an English-major or grammar teacher can come here and expand on my explanation.

Thank you brother I got you.

Kama unataka kusema nimekuwa nikiandika ila unamanisha sitaandika tena unatumia I have written hii ni Present Perfect Tense, ila kama unasema nimekuwa nikiandika na nitaendelea kuandika unasema I have been writing hii ni Present Perfect Continuous tense

ya kwanza inaongelea kilichofanyika na kumalizika karibuni, ya pili inaongelea kilichofanyika na kinaendelea kufanyika.

Nikitumia wrote kutakuwa na kosa gani?

Thank you. Still more corrections:

"I meant I got you, I forgot to say you."

I laughing happier for your correction because it increase my knowledge about english.:D:thumbup:
What if I wrote I was get you instead of I got you?

ndiyo utakuwa umekosea
write - present,uliopo
writing -CONTINUOUS, endelea
wrote - Past, uliopita
written - PERFECT,kamilifu

Mkuu kama una grammar nzima inayozungumzia hizo PRESENT,CONTINUOUS,PERFECT nk naomba uweke hapa niifanyie mazoezi sijui zinaitwaje labda?

I have been: this is used to show an action which has been taking place for a period of time and is in progress until now. eg, 1.I have been working since morning.
2.You have been preparing breakfast.
3.He has been playing football. but you can learn, THE PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE
In case of I HAD BEEN: learn,THE PAST PERFECT CONTINUOUS TENSE, Is formed by HAD +BEEN+ING Used to show an action that had been going on in the past up to the another action started eg: 1.I had been playing football
2. You had been teaching English.
actually I have tried to help but I am not fluent in English. they can also correct me

In that blue bold to the final paragraph I saw something which never understood yet. If you want me to tell you I have tried I would write "I tried" because I know that "tried" is a past word. Please correct me my brother.

I laughing happier for your correction because it increase my knowledge about english.:D:thumbup:
What if I wrote I was get you instead of I got you?

I think I know your problem. Tenses. You may want to get a basics book or online resource to learn verbs and their tenses.

GET is present tense. Its past tense is GOT

So,
I get you = ninakupata au ninakuelewa.
I got you = nimekuelewa au nilikuelewa. Sio I was get you.

Every time you want to use a verb like get, ask yourself if it is in the:
Present = get
Present continuous = getting
past = got
etc.

I think I know your problem. Tenses. You may want to get a basics book or online resource to learn verbs and their tenses.

GET is present tense. Its past tense is GOT

So,
I get you = ninakupata au ninakuelewa.
I got you = nimekuelewa au nilikuelewa. Sio I was get you.

Every time you want to use a verb like get, ask yourself if it is in the:
Present = get
Present continuous = getting
past = got
etc.

My brother I know which is present and which is past or which continuous but still there are some complicated form of sentence because some sentences are intended to present time but are use past symbols(words) such as ...ed.

In that blue bold to the final paragraph I saw something which never understood yet. If you want me to tell you I have tried I would write "I tried" because I know that "tried" is a past word. Please correct me my brother.

we are all learning through mistake: I tried -nilijaribu
I have tried - nimejaribu anyway are not sure, let others correct me.

I understood you but what if we put the word was instead of had or has and form a sentence I was been prepare a break fast? what is my wrong?

I was preparing a breakfast,
I have been preparing breakfast.

Note that : Past continuous test is formed by "was" or "were" + ing, to describe an event which was going on while another took place. eg:1. I was crying while he was shouting. 2.She was cooking
3.They were praying

Back
Top Bottom