England Cpt’s Mum Nicked

Wacha1

JF-Expert Member
Dec 21, 2009
England Cpt’s Mum Nicked for Shoplifting From Sponsors of England Team

jtmums.jpg

Ugh. I would like nothing more than to stay far way from this story, but it’s so wrought with irony that, like some kind of compulsion, I can’t help myself. Sad…
The Sun is reporting that John Terry’s mother Sue (pictured above, left) and his mother-in-law, also Sue (right) were arrested and officially cautioned for shoplifting £800 worth of clothes and food from Tesco and Marks & Spencer. Tesco is the official supermarket of England national team, while Marks & Spencer outfit the side with suits. John Terry is the captain of England, not to mention a very wealthy footballer, who bought both women their own houses on the same street that he lives on with his wife and kids.

By accepting the caution, the women "formally acknowledged their guilt." But, JT’s lawyer claims the pair didn’t know this and are now working to clear their names. According to the report, the women were arrested while loading the stolen items, which included track suits, into the car around 3pm yesterday. Says The Sun: They’re women who want for nothing, yet they were accused of taking cheap gear without paying. They seemed at a loss to explain. One said she had no idea why she’d taken sports gear as she didn’t even like wearing the stuff. They seemed shaken up.
If the charges are true, stealing things that they neither want nor need shows these women have a compulsion, rather than a mere taste for theft. Which, again, is quite sad.

Here’s to those hoping none of this is true.

Tabia huwa haijifichi.

Back
Top Bottom