East African community: Some lessons learned few days ago

jMali

JF-Expert Member
Nov 9, 2010
The last ordinary HoS meeting of the East African community exposed several realities about the community. Well, matter of factly, the community is seen falling headlong. I have to state this as the very outset, otherwise, what I am going to say will lead in semantic redundancy. The following observations were serene:-

1) We witnessed a politicking clearly underhanded. The fast-tracking of the integration especially enrolling South Sudan in the brotherhood was too soon and ill advised. It was ad hoc!

2) Uganda and Rwanda played foal deliberately and under bad intention! Conniving to have South Sudan aboard was intended to have their foster child around and thus use him when it comes to having majority vote on matters. South Sudan is too young and less prepared to align to integration politics! The knowledge that made Uganda, Kenya and Rwanda decide to take her. They need a pawn.

3) The growing influence of Magufuli’s populist politics against the dwindling stature of Museveni and Kagame’s strongmanship means that the EAC is facing divergent personalities. The result will be dire.

4) Kagame, once too self-confident, had been replaced by another person I am still finding to place. He looked shrank, hopeless and inconfident. I have reviewed the clips over and over I still don’t see the usual aura that carries him.

5) With Benjamin Mkapa entering the theater as far as the Burundi crisis is concerned, one needs to know that:

a) that is the man who groomed Magufuli and gave him place in the Tanzanian politics. Twenty years later, when Lowasa was almost destroying CCM (2015), it was Mkapa who came and placed his boy at the forefront. Many of us do not know that Magufuli’s presidency owes too much from Mkapa’s political machinery.

b) that in 1997 when Mkapa was two years in the presidency, three years after Ndadaye Melchior had been assassinated, is when Tanzania took up a position to leash the conflict. That time, CNDD grew stronger and prominent it was later to be where it is. Many agree that it was Mkapa’s gov that armtwisted Buyoya and supplied the CNDD.

c) is it needed to say that by 2005 when CNDD secured political credentials and later won votes in Burundi, Mkapa had been the person at their back? Tanzania ony used to say it ws tired of Burundi refugees.

d) in the time when Tanzania is under Mkapa’s brain child and likewise when Burundi is ruled by a president propagated by a Mkapa regime – Mkapa is brought to a role to arbitrate Burundi. I reserve my meaning to those who can envision.

6) the EAC is obviously dying. Time is up for conflicts to skyrocket, Kenya will make a lot of proceeds, Museveni will seek to use Rwanda and South Sudan to lead te block and then tension. Tanzania will end up pulling Burundi ti the SADC and the game will be over.

Theogene Karenzi

You have a crisis of thinking, you are not a strategist or anything, just a lost dreamer.
I didnt see the clips, neither followed the meeting but I think EAC is there to stay because its people want it so. The people of EAC have a lot to share that makes EAC an integration of people and not leaders.
I may not like my president but I have friends and business partners,relatives or even lovers in Kenya, Burundi, Uganda and so forth.
So the fact that leaders my not have the same thinking dont make us slaves to their likes and dislikes.
Karenzi think a little more, dream a little more and if it gets useless, then stop all.

Another lunatic wishful thinking from Interahamwe...But what's new?

Another lunatic wishful thinking from Interahamwe...But what's new?
How does the thread even relate to interahamwe? Can't you people talk anything else other than what you have been programmed to?

How does the thread even relate to interahamwe? Can't you people talk anything else other than what you have been programmed to?
He is an interahamwe just like you..we already gave this forum the definition of an interahamwe. Go back to your notes and you will see.

It the doomsayers, the isolationists, the haters, like you who want to see anything positive out of this region failing so that you can have a go at your individual political ineterests.

Aint gonna happen. Hapa kazi tu.

Nimejichanganya kwenye hii thread, sasa kama kwenye mtandao mnachart hivi, mkionana uso kwa uso si mtatoana macho.

I know what you people passed through and I know that the memories and pain is still very fresh in your minds.
But you are not forced to be a slave of past events, you could rather learn from the experience, take what can bring positive change and move forwad.
Give yourselves room for national reconciliation and dont bind leaders mistakes to the people. Today we blame Hitler for ww¡¡ Although in essence he didn't fight alone. It was the Germans, Italians,Romanians,e.t.c
Brothers and friends, there is a saying in England that if you want to kill a dog, give it a bad name.
Why do you give each other bad names?

He is an interahamwe just like you..we already gave this forum the definition of an interahamwe. Go back to your notes and you will see.

It the doomsayers, the isolationists, the haters, like you who want to see anything positive out of this region failing so that you can have a go at your individual political ineterests.

Aint gonna happen. Hapa kazi tu.
What makes you an authority over the definition of Interahamwe? Why would we trust a tutsi like you to teach us who an interahamwe is while it was your brother Robert kajuga who was its leader? The definition of interahamwe is publicly known to everyone don't waste your time on that.
But even then your comment is totally irrelevant since the thread isn't even about Rwanda but the EAC as a whole. Get a life

What makes you an authority over the definition of Interahamwe? Why would we trust a tutsi like you to teach us who an interahamwe is while it was your brother Robert kajuga who was its leader? The definition of interahamwe is publicly known to everyone don't waste your time on that.
But even then your comment is totally irrelevant since the thread isn't even about Rwanda but the EAC as a whole. Get a life
Kajuga was one bad apple just like i know not all your family members are interahamwe like you

Nimejichanganya kwenye hii thread, sasa kama kwenye mtandao mnachart hivi, mkionana uso kwa uso si mtatoana macho.

I know what you people passed through and I know that the memories and pain is still very fresh in your minds.
But you are not forced to be a slave of past events, you could rather learn from the experience, take what can bring positive change and move forwad.
Give yourselves room for national reconciliation and dont bind leaders mistakes to the people. Today we blame Hitler for ww¡¡ Although in essence he didn't fight alone. It was the Germans, Italians,Romanians,e.t.c
Brothers and friends, there is a saying in England that if you want to kill a dog, give it a bad name.
Why do you give each other bad names?
At least you have said something important brother.

Chagua kwanza ID gani unataka kutumia halafu..come back here. No time for fake ones
Huna hoja we INKOTANYI. Tangu ulipozaliwa ukimbizini Tanzania ulikuwa unasikiasikia tu kuhusu interahamwe,kwa taarifa yako kiongozi wa interahamwe yupo Rwanda na ana cheo kikubwa tu kwenye serikali ya paka. Huna unalolijua zaidi ya kuchukua kondom za bure serikalini, maana ndizo kazi mnazoziweza.

Huna hoja we INKOTANYI. Tangu ulipozaliwa ukimbizini Tanzania ulikuwa unasikiasikia tu kuhusu interahamwe,kwa taarifa yako kiongozi wa interahamwe yupo Rwanda na ana cheo kikubwa tu kwenye serikali ya paka. Huna unalolijua zaidi ya kuchukua kondom za bure serikalini, maana ndizo kazi mnazoziweza.
Hujui chochote wewe imbonerakure. Nenda kasome historia kwanza.

I see item 3 as perhaps more worrying than people realize.

Magufuli is no diplomat. Worse still, he is a know it all who would hardly pay attention to seasoned diplomats. Dr. Mahiga has his work cut out for him.

I watched how Magufuli was lecturing a Ngurdoto meeting about austerity. In a very stark manner that was not in any way indicating that he had consulted other Heads of State. Essentially lecturing them too.

That sort of thing, in a region where personalities count for more than policies means a lot. Let's face it, the recent revival of good relationships between Rwanda and Tanzania is purely based in personality than policy, I am not aware if any change in policy but the president if Tanzania changed.

You are right on the money regarding Mkapa being the one who installed Magufuli. I am surprised many people do not acknowledge this.

Hujui chochote wewe imbonerakure. Nenda kasome historia kwanza.
Unajitahidi sana kumtetea bwana wako paka, na kwa akili za aina yako amewaletea kondom na mtapewa buuuureeee, muendeleze zinaa maana mambo mengine hamuyawezi. Si unaona inyenzi mwenzio mchambawima1 yupo kimya, bado hajamaliza kutumia bando moja la kondom alilopewa bure. Paka ni kiboko!

Unajitahidi sana kumtetea bwana wako paka, na kwa akili za aina yako amewaletea kondom na mtapewa buuuureeee, muendeleze zinaa maana mambo mengine hamuyawezi. Si unaona inyenzi mwenzio mchambawima1 yupo kimya, bado hajamaliza kutumia bando moja la kondom alilopewa bure. Paka ni kiboko!
nchi inajisifu maendeleo kumbe hata hela ya kununua kondom hawana inabidi kagame awape bure hahaha, inabidi wapewe na hela ya kuwahonga hao vyura sasa, au labda kagame kaagiza watoe bure? :D:D

nchi inajisifu maendeleo kumbe hata hela ya kununua kondom hawana inabidi kagame awape bure hahaha, inabidi wapewe na hela ya kuwahonga hao vyura sasa, au labda kagame kaagiza watoe bure? :D:D

Naona unajitekenya halafu unacheka mwenyewe. Shida

Back
Top Bottom