Askari Kanzu

JF-Expert Member
Jan 7, 2011
Mbangladeshi matatani kwa kupiga chabo!

Dubai cleaner denies eyeing woman in shower

*Tells court he was washing the window
By Bassam Za'za', Legal and Court Correspondent
Published: 00:00 May 22, 2012

Dubai: A cleaner claimed that he was washing a window at the time he was accused of peeping in on a woman taking a shower in her apartment.

Prosecutors accused the Bangladeshi cleaner, M.J., 28, of violating the privacy of the Filipina interior designer by watching her in a state of undress.

"No I did not do so. I was just doing my job. I work as a cleaner in the building and I was cleaning the glass from outside," M.J. said, denying the accusations levelled against him in the Dubai Court of First Instance. "I want the court to pronounce my innocence because I didn't do anything wrong," the suspect told Presiding Judge Jasem Al Beloushi in courtroom four yesterday.

The designer, J.J., 38, testified that she entered her bathroom to take a shower and closed the window after she saw it was open.

"I removed my clothes and got into the bathtub… then I pulled the curtains and covered half of the bathtub. While I was showering, I noticed that the window was opened again. Then I realised that somebody must have been peeping at me while I was in the shower. So I closed the window again, then covered myself up with a towel and stood watching the window to see who would open it.

"When I saw the defendant open the window, I shouted at him… then I rushed out of the bathroom and immediately called the police," claimed the Filipina.

Police call
An Emirati police corporal testified that police received a call about a problem in a building at Dubai Sports City.
The corporal said the defendant denied peeping at the woman and maintained that he was only cleaning the window. He was taken into custody.

A judgement will be heard on June 11.

Back
Top Bottom