Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Drogba to accept Uefa punishment

Discussion in 'Sports' started by Bikra, Jun 1, 2009.

1. Bikra

Bikra Senior Member

Jun 1, 2009
    Didier Drogba says he will accept any punishment given to him by Uefa over his actions following Chelsea's Champions League exit to Barcelona.

Uefa has charged Blues duo Drogba and Jose Bosingwa for insulting the referee after their semi-final exit in May.
    But striker Drogba says he will not fight any ban handed down to him when Uefa deals with the case on 17 June.
    "It's not easy but I think that whatever I did and the decision they take I will accept it," said Drogba.
    "I will do my suspension and, after that, I will come back stronger."

Disciplinary proceedings have also been initiated against Chelsea for the improper conduct of their players and the throwing of missiles by their fans.
    The Blues lost their semi-final after a series of controversial refereeing decisions by Tom Henning Ovrebo.
    The Norwegian turned down a host of strong penalty appeals from Chelsea during their 1-1, second leg game at Stamford Bridge on 6 May that saw Barca go through on away goals.

Drogba and several team-mates surrounded Ovrebo after the final whistle to remonstrate with the Norwegian official over several of his decisions.