Dr Hosea, Feleshi targeted

Ngongo

JF-Expert Member
Sep 20, 2008
A group of politicians and traders who benefited from shady deals executed during the third phase regime are now planning a secret mission targeting the anti-corruption czar and the Director of Public Prosecutions, The Guardian on Sunday has learnt.

The group first launched the plan to bring down those investigating them for corruption - mainly Dr Edward Hosea of the Prevention and Combating of Corruption Bureau (PCCB) - early last year, before it was detected by the intelligence community. Intelligence officials have since written a report on the issue and are monitoring the group.

Both Dr Hosea and Feleshi told The Guardian on Sunday this week that they were aware of what they described as a smear campaign to discredit their integrity and credibility, but it wouldn?t deter them from doing their jobs.

``I am aware of the plan but this is my country and I am ready for anything,`` Dr Hosea said. ``I can`t be intimidated by bastards; their days are numbered as their evils are thoroughly investigated.

Some senior officials in the ruling party who declined to be named told The Guardian on Sunday that the group would try to tie Dr Hosea and Feleshi to corruption allegations of their own, and to show that the two officials have favoured or excused corrupt leaders who share their ethnic background.

Dr Hosea, Feleshi and Director of Criminal Investigations Robert Manumba all belong to the Sukuma tribe and grew up in the same region.

A worrisome trend
This attempt to discredit those investigating and prosecuting corrupt officials before they can ensure justice is perhaps most distressing for how common it has become throughout sub-Saharan Africa in recent years.

In South Africa, dissidents within the African National Congress used the same reputation-smearing tactics to ensure that the Scorpions - a special operations unit in the National Prosecuting Authority that took on high-profile cases of corruption and organised crime - were disbanded shortly after the arrest and prosecution of Jacob Zuma, Toni Yengeni and Shabir Shaick.

Shaick and Yengeni were subsequently jailed on corruption charges, but Zuma, who now leads the ANC, went free.

The head of Nigeria?s Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Nuhu Ribadu, was also ousted in late 2007, supposedly so he could take a one-year senior-level training course, but largely acknowledged to be because he had been making progress in the fight against graft in Nigeria, routinely rated one of the most corrupt countries in the world.

The chairman of Zambia`s anti-corruption task force Mark Chona was dismissed in 2005 amid similar circumstances, and Kenya`s former anti-corruption chief John Githongo resigned amid death threats and a general feeling that he lacked support for the work he was doing.

Here in Tanzania, the group targeting Dr Hosea and Feleshi tried to discourage the fight against grand corruption by arguing that investigating the graft cases undermines Chama cha Mapinduzi`s unity and jeopardises national security.

When that failed to get any traction, the group authored a well detailed dossier that was circulated to the media, MPs, the donor community and online, alleging that Dr Hosea owned property worth billions of shillings that could not be accounted for by his government salary.

The dossier was released just after the PCCB had declared publicly that it was investigating major corruption scandals including the Bank of Tanzania External Payment Arrears account scam, the building of the Twin Towers, the Buzwagi Mineral Development Agreement contract, the BAE Radar deal and the Alex Stewart Assayers deal.

Taking advantage of disgruntled staff within the PCCB, the group launched a whisper campaign against Dr Hosea, sparking rumours that he was not investigating the Richmond energy scam as seriously as the other cases because he himself had benefited from Richmond.

``I know who some of them are,` Dr Hosea said. ``I welcome them if they have any credible evidence to implicate me.

``There are those who want me sacked because of the Richmond scam, but the truth is that I wasn`t part of the negotiation team that executed the deal,`` he said. ``I just gave my candid opinion that having investigated the contract, there wasn?t any evidence showing that officials were bribed.``

At this point the intelligence community was commissioned to investigate the allegations and the people behind them.

In a dossier written last April, intelligence officials managed to establish a list of traders, retired politicians, MPs and media practitioners who were thought to be behind the campaign.

The list included top officials from the judiciary, casting doubt on the future of the corruption cases once they enter the courtroom, and creating a sense of futility in the war on corruption at large.

But going beyond starting rumours, The Guardian on Sunday has reliably established that the group has planned to wire dirty money from abroad into their targets` bank accounts and then leak the transaction documents to the media and legislators, falsely tying the investigators to corrupt acts of their own.

The group is also seeking private investigators to thoroughly scrutinise the lifestyle of Dr Hosea`s family, who have been living in the United States for years.

The group believes Dr Hosea bought a posh house in the US, a property he couldn?t afford with his government salary.

Dr Hosea said he has not bought a home abroad, but has been renting an apartment for his family there.

``I am a fighter who is ready to fight for his country by ensuring that all corrupt leaders are prosecuted. I am not worried by anything,`` the PCCB czar told The Guardian on Sunday.

As in Nigeria, Kenya, Zambia and Nigeria, the group here are also accusing anti-corruption officials, and the DPP especially, of favouritism and protecting those of their own political or ethnic background.

They claim that the prosecutions of Basil Mramba, Daniel Yona and Gray Mgonja have moved forward, while suspects Andrew Chenge and Nazir Karamagi, implicated in the BAE radar and Buzwagi gold mine deals, respectively, have been protected thus far. Mramba, Yona and Mgonja all come from northern regions near the Kenyan border, while Chenge and Karamagi come from the Lake Zone region, like Feleshi and Dr Hosea.

``When it comes to the [BAE] radar deal or Buzwagi, the DPP will say dig deeper, we need more investigation, but for Mramba and colleagues, he says just proceed to court - this is outrageous,`` one senior CCM official told The Guardian on Sunday.

The official added, ?The DPP has been using the supposed lack of credible evidence to delay even the prosecutions of Kagoda officials?but there`s plenty of evidence.

Feleshi denied any intentional delays in the prosecution of Chenge or Karamagi, and said the fact that he and Chenge share the same tribe is entirely irrelevant.

``I was not recruited by Chenge, and those who think I am taking actions based on my tribe lack grounds,`` Feleshi said yesterday. ``I am guided by the constitution not political pressure.

I wasn?t recruited by the government of the United Republic of Tanzania?because of my tribe, but my integrity and credibility.`` When Chenge was Attorney General, Feleshi was in charge of the AG chambers in the Lake Zone.

Later, in 2005 after Chenge had left his post, Feleshi was appointed DPP by President Kikwete in early 2006.

``I found Chenge employed by the same government and he was my senior?and that`s all,`` Feleshi said. ``Those who believe there`s evidence (of wrongdoing) should apply private prosecutions because it is allowed according to our law.``

SOURCE: Sunday Observer

Hii ni sehemu mojawapo ya kukua kwa Demokrasia...Tatizo linakuja kunapo matumizi ya UKABILA. Hata kama yeweza kuwa na ukweli kiasi fulani lakini naamini kuna haja ya kuwa makini zaidi.

Anyway, hii ni vita ya wenyewe kwa wenyewe ndani ya mfumo FISADI. Mwsho wa siku yaweza kumfaidisha mlala hoi na mwenzie mlalahai lakini tusiruhusu ikageuka kuwa vita ya ukabila....

omarilyas

Both Dr Hosea and Feleshi told The Guardian on Sunday this week that they were aware of what they described as a smear campaign to discredit their integrity and credibility, but it wouldn?t deter them from doing their jobs.

``I am aware of the plan but this is my country and I am ready for anything,`` Dr Hosea said. ``I can`t be intimidated by bastards; their days are numbered as their evils are thoroughly investigated.

- I am reading right wakuu, eti Hosea aliyesema Richimonduli hakuna makosa ya kufikia crime by our law naye anawindwa na mafisadi tena? Is this right au kuna something missing hapo?

- I am reading right wakuu, eti Hosea aliyesema Richimonduli hakuna makosa ya kufikia crime by our law naye anawindwa na mafisadi tena? Is this right au kuna something missing hapo?

Kaka kama kuna mtu anachanganya akili HOSEA ni nambari moja....

Kabla ya kukwaa hii nafasi alikuwa anaongoza kwa kulalama kuhusu tatizo la RUSHWA KUBWA nchini kiasi cha kudai kuwa hali ni mbaya kwetu kuliko ilivyo KENYA. Alipopewa rungu akaanza kujiuma. Inaelekea alikuwa akimwangalia MFADHILI wake/bosi wake anaenda mwendo gani ili naye afuate. Maana nadhani wote tunajua nafasi yake katika mtandao. Si unakumbuka lile dansi la ushindi DODOMA HOTEL....Na mengi yapo yanayochanganya akili zetu..

Sasa katika hali kama hii nadhani watanzania inabidi tujifunze kula na ZIMWI BAYA lenye KUTENDA MEMA....angalau kwa nyakati hizi za hatari kwa hatma ya taifa letu

omarilyas

- Au na yeye asijadiliwe kama Kitine, ila tusikilize kilio chake ambao ni ukweli wenyewe, masikini Tanzania!

Enzi za Uhuru Mwalimu Nyerere alisema kuwa tusingeweza kumudu gharama za demokrasia katika wakati nyeti kama ule tukiwa na jukumu la kujenga nchi ya TANZANIA na ukombozi wa bara la afrika kutoka katika lindi la ukoloni

Labda sasa tunaweza kusema kuwa tupo katika enzi nyeti na hatari za jukumu la kupambana na MFUMO FISADI kiasi cha kutoweza kumudu gharama za kujadili WATU zaidi kuliko kujadili MASUALA yanayoanzishwa na watu hao...

omarilyas

Enzi za Uhuru Mwalimu Nyerere alisema kuwa tusingeweza kumudu gharama za demokrasia katika wakati nyeti kama ule tukiwa na jukumu la kujenga nchi ya TANZANIA na ukombozi wa bara la afrika kutoka katika lindi la ukoloni

Labda sasa tunaweza kusema kuwa tupo katika enzi nyeti na hatari za jukumu la kupambana na MFUMO FISADI kiasi cha kutoweza kumudu gharama za kujadili WATU zaidi kuliko kujadili MASUALA yanayoanzishwa na watu hao...

omarilyas

- Siasa ni watu kwanza, kuanzia wananchi na viongozi tulikosea toka mwanzoni na haya ndio matokeo yake sasa, huwezi kujadili siasa za Mwalimu bila kumjadili yeye mwenyewe kwa sababu anajadilika hasa kwenye masuala ya nidhamu ya uongozi,

- Sasa mnasema tunahitaji kushusha standards na kutojadili messengers maana ni aibu, haya inaeleweka na kukubalika hopefully!

Hmmm, I now question the motive of IPP media katika harakati za kujaribu kumweka Hosea as the victim in this issue. Mi nadhani there are issues surrounding Hosea that needs to be answered instead of trying to come up with conspiracy theories. What goal does it serve? I think there is more at play here and we should be able to read between the lines. mkuu FMES, nadhani una insight nzuri zaidi, what is really going on? It is definitely not ukabila and maskini Hosea. I feel that there is a tug of war going on.....

- Siasa ni watu kwanza, kuanzia wananchi na viongozi tulikosea toka mwanzoni na haya ndio matokeo yake sasa, huwezi kujadili siasa za Mwalimu bila kumjadili yeye mwenyewe kwa sababu anajadilika hasa kwenye masuala ya nidhamu ya uongozi,

- Sasa mnasema tunahitaji kushusha standards na kutojadili messengers maana ni aibu, haya inaeleweka na kukubalika hopefully!

I am just saying we should be strategic and avoid playing in the hands of our enemy...wanyedau la MFUMO FISADI

Omarilyas

Hmmm, I now question the motive of IPP media katika harakati za kujaribu kumweka Hosea as the victim in this issue. Mi nadhani there are issues surrounding Hosea that needs to be answered instead of trying to come up with conspiracy theories. What goal does it serve? I think there is more at play here and we should be able to read between the lines. mkuu FMES, nadhani una insight nzuri zaidi, what is really going on? It is definitely not ukabila and maskini Hosea. I feel that there is a tug of war going on.....

- Mkuu Susuviri, heshima mbele sana ninaku-read right kweli nina wasi wasi sana kwamba something is up haya ya sasa sio ya kawaida, ngoja tutafute the inside maana hii sio kawaida.

I am just saying we should be strategic and avoid playing in the hands of our enemy...wanyedau la MFUMO FISADI

Omarilyas

- Tatizo ni kwamba bado wako kwenye usukani, walikuwa wanakaribia ku-surrender lakini toka washinde vita ya uchaguzi wa uwt sasa wamegeuka na kuwa very sophisticated, wabunge wengi wameanza kukata tamaa kabisaa,

- Nilitegmea for sure kwamba this time Upinzani wataungana na kuwa one thing, lakini habari za viongozi wao wengi kupigania ubunge nazo ingawa ni njema in one way, yaani a small picture, bado ni tatizo kubwa sana kwenye the big picture.

Bado mafisadi wapo kwenye usukani, sasa wamefikia mahali wanaweza hata ku-control baadhi ya magazeti na vyombo vya media, that is scarry!

- Mkuu Susuviri, heshima mbele sana ninaku-read right kweli nina wasi wasi sana kwamba something is up haya ya sasa sio ya kawaida, ngoja tutafute the inside maana hii sio kawaida.

FMES, ni kweli heri tusubiri maana there seems to be some strong undercurrents hapa.
Kwanza: hakuna ufisadi Richmong as per Hosea,Mwakyembe kamweka sawa

Mbili: Sakata la Radar na Chenge bado linaedelea "kuchunguzwa" licha ya SFO ya UK kutoa majibu ya maswali yote muhimu.

Tatu: kunahisia kuwa Dr Hosea alikuwa mwana mtandao

Nne:Dr Hosea, Chenge,Feleshi(DPP),Mnumba(DCI) watoka sehemu moja!

Leo kuna habari za hawa jamaa zenye misingi ya kutaka sympathy ya public!

This is getting to be an interesting mish mash

I wasn?t recruited by the government of the United Republic of Tanzania?because of my tribe, but my integrity and credibility.`` When Chenge was Attorney General, Feleshi was in charge of the AG chambers in the Lake Zone.

Later, in 2005 after Chenge had left his post, Feleshi was appointed DPP by President Kikwete in early 2006.

``I found Chenge employed by the same government and he was my senior?and that`s all,`` Feleshi said. ``Those who believe there`s evidence (of wrongdoing) should apply private prosecutions because it is allowed according to our law.``

SOURCE: Sunday Observer
Well said Mr Feleshi!wenye wivu wajinyonge

FMES, ni kweli heri tusubiri maana there seems to be some strong undercurrents hapa.

Mbili: Sakata la Radar na Chenge bado linaedelea "kuchunguzwa" licha ya SFO ya UK kutoa majibu ya maswali yote muhimu.

Pigeni kazi wazee achaneni na maneno ya wakosa kazi!kutoka sehemu moja na kazi kunahusiana nini?

Lole mkuu, maswali haya nadhani tutayapatia majibu baadaye lakini everything is positioning for 2010 na hivi sasa CCM ina makundi mengi, hizi interest groups zinalumbana trying to see who will be the top dog!

Hawa wanatumia ujanza wa kupata public sympathy tu wakati wanajua kuwa hakuna la maana wanalofanya. Wao wanasikiliza order tu, they are yes men. Wangekuwa wanfanya kazi yao sawasawa lazima kila mtu mwenye makosa angeshapelekwa mahakamani (nasema hawa big shots wa rushwa na ten %). Tena wafunge midomo yao, wanatia aibu. Katika viongozi wa taasisi nyeti ambaye angeshakuwa amejiuzulu mmojawapo ni HOSEA. Amekalia mafaili mangapi ya watuhumiwa hataki kuwapeleka kwa pilato eti tu kwa kuwa ni mashwahiba, amepewa memo, amezungukwa na mbuyu mkubwa, etc. Ataniambia kitu kama nitaona amepeleka Kagoda, Richmonduli, Radar, you name all pale Kisutu. To hell with you HOSEA.

They claim that the prosecutions of Basil Mramba, Daniel Yona and Gray Mgonja have moved forward, while suspects Andrew Chenge and Nazir Karamagi, implicated in the BAE radar and Buzwagi gold mine deals, respectively, have been protected thus far. Mramba, Yona and Mgonja all come from northern regions near the Kenyan border, while Chenge and Karamagi come from the Lake Zone region, like Feleshi and Dr Hosea.
Kinachotafutwa ni hiki hapa(the underlines)... sijui anatafuta kitu gani.Kuna grounds zinatengenezwa?

Lengo la hiyo story ni hiyo hapo kitu

....Tena wafunge midomo yao, wanatia aibu. Katika viongozi wa taasisi nyeti ambaye angeshakuwa amejiuzulu mmojawapo ni HOSEA. Amekalia mafaili mangapi ya watuhumiwa hataki kuwapeleka kwa pilato eti tu kwa kuwa ni mashwahiba, amepewa memo, amezungukwa na mbuyu mkubwa, etc. ...Ataniambia kitu kama nitaona amepeleka Kagoda, Richmonduli, Radar, you name all pale Kisutu. To hell with you HOSEA.

.Wow wow just a minute .. Let us be realistic .. Mnamipiga kelele Hosea Hosea awapeleke Kisutu, akishawapeleka Kisutu then what next! Una maana ukishapelekwa kisutu basi tumeishinda rushwa? Wangapi wamepelekwa Kisutu. Case in point EPA, si walipelekwa Kisutu na sheria inasema wazi kuwa dhamana ni 50% ya thamani ya kile unachoshitakiwa. Within a few days sheria zikabadilishwa hadi sijui 5% na watu wakarudishiwa pesa zetu mchana kweuupe! Give me a break! Mbona Augustino alitoa directive washushiwe dau la dhamana!

Hosea/PCCB kampeleka Liyumba mahakamani sawaa; Je ni nani alimwachia huru kwa makusudi kabisaa wakati then wanatuhadaa kuwa ilikuwa ni makosa! Sasa hivi yupo mitaani na ana protection ya "state" amini usiamini. Watu wanaomhifadhi Liyumba sasa hivi ni wale wanaolindwa na FFU majumbani! Kwani Chavda "alipokimbia" alikuwa nyumbani kwa nani? And I can guarantee you hili nalo ndo mwisho wake, tusubiri jingine.

Nadhani pamoja na "madhambi" ya Hosea, "usukuma" etc, issue ya kuwakamata watu na kuwapamba kwenye magazeti wakionekana kupandishwa kizimbani na kupelekwa Keko siyo kupambana na rushwa kama eventually sheria za kuwaadhibu are non existent.

Rushwa itadhibitiwa pale tu serikali itakapoamua kutupilia mbali uongozi wa sheria kwenye maswala ya rushwa na kuamua kutupilia mbali procedures za mahakama ambazo zina loopholes kibao na mahakimu wenyewe wamepewa uwezo mpana mno wa kuamua lolote in the spirit of "Uhuru wa mahakama". Kwa mfano huwezi kutumia vigezo vya "direct evidence" kwenye issues za rushwa wakati ushahidi dhidi ya rushwa mostly will be based on circumstances hence the use of "circumstantial evidence".

Rushwa kamwe haita dhibitika using conventional methods, kama tuko serious tuwaige wachina - firing squad au sana sana jela maisha! Wale waliohusika na tainted milk scandal in China wamepigwa risasi na wengine wamefungwa maisha. Huko marekani jamaa waliohusika na salmonella tainting kwenye peanut butter wameamua ku-invoke "fifth amendment" katika katiba ya marekani na wanadunda mitaani huku watu wamekufa kutokana na uzembe wao.

So long as we want to embrace both worlds - utawala wa sheria na haki za binadamu - while rushwa is against both - graft is here to stay and the Hoseas will come and go na tutazidi kulumbana JF!

ZalendoHalisi

Back
Top Bottom