Dowans’ godfather is here, so what?

BAK

JF-Expert Member
Feb 11, 2007
By JIANG ALIPO, 27th February 2011
Daily News

SHOULD we cheer,or be angry, or be scared? I don't know how we are supposed to react now that the person who is holding 45million Tanzanians at 94bn/- ransom has finally surfaced.

Though not really surfaced; only the lucky few editors were allowed to see his face, or were they? I am not sure though since they decided it would be wise to do as he says; ‘I do not want my picture taken' - ‘Yes sir'.

If journalism was a ‘yes sir' profession it would never have gained the fourth state pillar title! Maybe they were scared of making him angry.

Can you imagine making angry a person who could decide to end your permanent state of darkness with a click of a finger! But I still do not get it.

It was supposed to be a picture of the year - especially when he said he did not want to be flashed with ''your cheap camera lenses''. Just imagine the sales of that single newspaper whose journalist would have dared to take the picture.

Now, thinking about it, may be the guy shouldn't be blamed for it, the he might be sick; he might have an allergy to flashing light. Yes they got him the other day, when he was visiting his plants. Good efforts, but wasn't a good enough picture.

I don't know how far the photographer was, but for that picture, it can be any Tanzanian of Arab origin from Igunga! The guy doesn't want to be famous, but with Dowans he sure is famous even before we know his face, even two-year-olds know the word Dowans; it is just a matter of time for them to know what it involves.

The issue is not his face, but now that the Dowans' godfather is here, what is next? I read he said that he was ready to offer ‘something nice' to Tanesco aka Tagisco. How nice of you Mr Al Adawi.

Then January was quotes the next day saying that the godfather has already offered ‘something nice' to Tagisco, but then again the Tagisco CEO come up saying that he has not received any offer -- making me wonder if January is the middleman.

On top of that, where was the guy all these years? At this time we had forgotten about Dowans. All eyes and ears were on Gongo la Mboto, why now? We have been shouting about Dowans for a long while, or has he been under a rock that he did not hear us?

He now comes, just in time for his payment. If he wanted to offer ‘something nice' to Tanesco why not negotiate before going to court? How can we do fair negotiations negotiate now that he has won the case?

And then one day after touchdown, the plants were turned on, just so you know he owns them! The Dowans' godfather's arrival has led to more questions than answers in our heads, and more suspicion and speculation about the whole Dowans issue and owners.

Whatever Dowans godfather says about the ‘something nice' offer, let's just make sure that we do not jump from the really hot pan we are in to fire, because seriously, a businessman is a businessman.

Al Adawi has a total of 195bn/- in papers; 94bn/- from Tanzanians, for our (stupidity?) and 101bn/- from the guys who want to buy the generators. I am not a bit convinced that he will go for anything less, why would he do that?

Alikuja Tanzaia kwa Ombi la January Makamba na Kikwete ili ku-diffuse na kutaka kudanganya watanzania. Yeah, January for your inform this is not going anywhere na hamtaweza kutuibia kupitia Tanesco.

Wajilipe tu maana Dawans ni hao hao CCM kama lile Kampuni la Jitegemee ambalo nalo linakwapua billion 10 Kutoka malaka ya Bandari.

Back
Top Bottom