Diplomatic Circus-Swedish Envoy

Sun Tzu

Mar 2, 2010
First of All, I would like to send my sincere condolences to the family of David Mwangosi.

My intention of this post is to remind the Swedish Envoy in Dar Es Salaam that he doesn't have the moral authority to bark at the Tanzanian Police Forces if you recall that his own National Police shot three people with live bullets, during the Swedish Presidency of the European Union in June 2001.

Although shooting anyone is a bad thing, be it with live ammunition or rubber bullet the experience is not present, the Swedish Envoy should have known better and start by acknowledging that in his own country the Police Force shot three people and arrested several hundreds. Where does he draw the moral authority and bark at the Tanzanians?

As a rejoinder and point of observation, the police force should avoid the use of excessive force but CHADEMA should refrain from their M4C Operations as people (Tanzanians) are killed.

They should play by the rules. No where in this world you can fight someone with guns with empty words, pen or a camera! The outcome usually someone will loose his cool, and the result can be very graphic.

He has that moral authority to reject such actions in public, why not?
When we need them to provide help to rescue our dwindling economy and lack of technical expertise we don't think how much moral authority we have to depend on this country, which doesn't posses even one third of the natural resources in Tanzania? And we have been doing so for the past 45 years?? or more!
Who knows, he could be one of those who dealt with the incidence in Sweden to ensure that it doesn't happen again. As such he wouldn't want it to happen anywhere. Whats wrong with that? And does it mean if a mistake happens somewhere we should also copy such nasty things?We should be ashamed of ourselves. Even the reason for the killings in our country Tanzania are filthy, there was no reason for the Police to even appear where this nonsense occurred. CCM held so many meetings elsewhere, why were they not bothered by the Police?
There is no point of defending murderers.

First of All, I would like to send my sincere condolences to the family of David Mwangosi.

My intention of this post is to remind the Swedish Envoy in Dar Es Salaam that he doesn't have the moral authority to bark at the Tanzanian Police Forces if you recall that his own National Police shot three people with live bullets, during the Swedish Presidency of the European Union in June 2001.

Although shooting anyone is a bad thing, be it with live ammunition or rubber bullet the experience is not present, the Swedish Envoy should have known better and start by acknowledging that in his own country the Police Force shot three people and arrested several hundreds. Where does he draw the moral authority and bark at the Tanzanians?

As a rejoinder and point of observation, the police force should avoid the use of excessive force but CHADEMA should refrain from their M4C Operations as people (Tanzanians) are killed.

They should play by the rules. No where in this world you can fight someone with guns with empty words, pen or a camera! The outcome usually someone will loose his cool, and the result can be very graphic.

Red: How did the Swedish government respond after the shoooting? blamed the victim?

Blue: What rules? one rule for CCM and another rule for non-ccm?

Given the choice between the Swedish police and Tanzania police I know which one I choose - with a smile!

Usitegemee watu wakae kimya wakati wanaona haki zao zinaminywa simply because wanayebishana nae ana aina zote za silaha zilizopo duniani.

3 people in june 2001. That's 10yrs ago how many have we lost since 2001. How many have we lost in a period of 365 days under the same CCM gov. Don forget our dear brothers with albinism should they also keep quiet. What has your govnt done? You must be a nameless goat if u still support the atrocities.

Pressure is needed from all quarters to help prevent further abuse of human rights. It does not matter from which quarter. From the Eskimo to the Aborigine, say no to people being blown up unnecessarily!

Sweden holds a high moral ground in the world as far as democratic behaviour and conformance are concerned. Therefore if 3 people were shot may be it was unavoidable. The Swedish police are well trained and behaved. You cannot compare them with our Tanzanian rag tag ruffians some of who are former pickpockets and robbers.

If excessive force always won the day as the automaton above wants us to believe Gaddafi, Mubarak, et al, would be in full control of the planet. As it turns out "You can scare some people sometime but you can't scare all the people all the time" even with live bullets, tear gas, compromised courts and Mabwepande. CHADEMA should not be deterred by the cowardly acts of the police.

Okay, I will assume what you claim here to be true. But then tell me, why did you make the assumption that the current rulling party in Sweden is the same party that was in power back in 2001?

How would it sound to you, assuming Chadema is in power in 2016, for someone to blame the then Chadema government for police killings that took place this year?

Bottomline - get all your facts right before you accuse someone of killing innocent lives.

With all due respect , sir , yours is nothing but a STUPID observation from a safe distance!

I duly support the Swedish Envoys indignance at the unproffessional operations by the Tanzania Police control of rowdy crowds and processions .

You do not seem to get the point that when Foreign Envoys also get dismayed over the unproffessional operstions by the Police, Tanzanians are fed up with this state of affairs, only that we have very little leeway.

I am amazed at your analogy of the Tanzanian situation with that of happennings in Sweden, its quite irresponsible .

Thats why I call you stupid.

Whats good for the geese is not neccessarily good for the gender.

Your comments to say the least are in bad taste.

First of all, two wrongs do not make a right. The fact that someone is not beyond criticism does not mean that they cannot condemn evil, or somehow that evil is excusable.

Second of all asking CHADEMA to refrain from M4C Operations is asking them to forsake their constitutional rights. You have noted that the police is using excessive force and you rightly admonished them for that, quit the double talk that dilutes your bonafide by equally blaming the victim.

When you say "they should play by the rules" please elaborate which rules were not adhered to so we could judge fairly without risking some gross generalization borne out of a proclivity to prejudice against anyone.

Wewe envoy anakemea ubabe na mauaji yanayofanya na policcm kwa sababu ni kisiasa na amakusudi kabisa. Tofauti ni chanzo cha mauaji s yaefanyika wapi. Polisi wako ni wahalifu + 100%

okay, i will assume what you claim here to be true. But then tell me, why did you make the assumption that the current rulling party in sweden is the same party that was in power back in 2001?

How would it sound to you, assuming chadema is in power in 2016, for someone to blame the then chadema government for police killings that took place this year?

Bottomline - get all your facts right before you accuse someone of killing innocent lives.
anyone who support such kind of police brutality is an idiot

1 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom