Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Didas Masaburi: First things first

Discussion in 'Uchaguzi Tanzania' started by Mbopo, Aug 6, 2011.

1. M

Mbopo JF-Expert Member

Aug 6, 2011
    I was privileged to watch Honourable Didas Masaburi, His Worship the Mayor of Dar es Salaam, firing a salvo with a lot of gusto, at some Members of Parliament who blew the whistle on the UDA Scandal, threatening to spill the beans and lay bare what he says are acts of embelzzlement committed by them. He threteaned that he was going to expose the evils that he alleges that two of the Parliamentarians were involved in their perpetration.

While I was amused to see that the public was soon going to be treated with more glutonous exposures that the stewards of public resources are engaged in, I felt that this was a deliberate attempt to invoke diversionary tactics which would distract people's attention from this topical issue. Hon. Masaburi may have a valid point, and, his act of volunteering augours well with good efforts that are aimed at dealing with these negative forces (to our march to prosperity), we opine that this is a subject for another day. He should, as a matter of priority, come out clean on this UDA scandal before he attempts to escalate the matter by picking up extraneous issues that do very little in terms of erasing his culpability. We know how desperate Mr. Masaburi has become of late, doing some shuttle diplomacy and countless trips to Dodoma, let alone dozens of phone calls and text messages that he has been sending to those he thinks can come to his rescue, and engage some of the dirty tricks that are intended to supress the issue or rather nip it in the bud.

But with due respect, we wish to advise Mr. Masaburi that he should not cut the queue. He should be mindful of this ardage: First things first your Worship.