Did EABL outsource distribution role to SBL

Geza Ulole

JF-Expert Member
Oct 31, 2009
This EA Common Market idea will be a flop if EABL will continue not to produce any of Diageo's John Walker, Smirnoff, Bond 7 and V and A spirits, as i hear they are distributors. Though they (EABL) recently have been moving with chest up claiming SBL will be distributing its 'spirit brands' in Tanzania! Whereas the reality is they are outsourcing a distribution role to SBL, the role given to them by Diageo Plc!

When will Kenyans wake up and stop being distributors of other countries brands? Can you imagine, with over 40 yrs of independence Kenya managed to produce its first beer last year with Kericho Brew i.e. Summit Beer! If you meet any Kenyan, boldly braggs that EABL is the biggest brew in the region wihile actually is whole Diageo Plc brewery!

They need to grow up and make their United Distillers and Vintners (UDV) produce their locally spirit brands lets say Nairobi gin and so on and stop being fools, even individuals like Mengi do better and can laugh at them since he has things like hakuna Matata, Kilimanjaro Ecstacy, Chesterfield Whisky, Zanzibar Desire, Vx Dry Gin, Rybinski Vodka and Mont De Von spirit brands under his belt!

This EA Common Market idea will be a flop if EABL will continue not to produce any of Diageo's John Walker, Smirnoff, Bond 7 and V and A spirits, as i hear they are distributors. Though they (EABL) recently have been moving with chest up claiming SBL will be distributing its 'spirit brands' in Tanzania! Whereas the reality is they are outsourcing a distribution role to SBL, the role given to them by Diageo Plc!

When will Kenyans wake up and stop being distributors of other countries brands? Can you imagine, with over 40 yrs of independence Kenya managed to produce its first beer last year with Kericho Brew i.e. Summit Beer! If you meet any Kenyan, boldly braggs that EABL is the biggest brew in the region wihile actually is whole Diageo Plc brewery!

They need to grow up and make their United Distillers and Vintners (UDV) produce their locally spirit brands lets say Nairobi gin and so on and stop being fools, even individuals like Mengi do better and can laugh at them since he has things like hakuna Matata, Kilimanjaro Ecstacy, Chesterfield Whisky, Zanzibar Desire, Vx Dry Gin, Rybinski Vodka and Mont De Von spirit brands under his belt!

Goooossssh!......Goooossshhhh!!!!!!!!!

I never touch Alcohols!

God forbid!

What a sinful maculate devil!

To me this is an acceptable business strategy, had you taken few minutes to think of what it involves to develop a new product and then market it in the saturated market like the alcohol market then you would have been suppotive than critical.
Some of this products are licenced so you cannot just produce them when you wish, also you may never know the cost of producing it in kenya may be dear than just being a distributor, this is what globalisation means, you consume what you dont produce and produce what you dont consume.

To me this is an acceptable business strategy, had you taken few minutes to think of what it involves to develop a new product and then market it in the saturated market like the alcohol market then you would have been suppotive than critical.
Some of this products are licenced so you cannot just produce them when you wish, also you may never know the cost of producing it in kenya may be dear than just being a distributor, this is what globalisation means, you consume what you dont produce and produce what you dont consume.

But if the whole meaning of having economic block will be to promote the international brands like Johnie Walker within our markets, then we will have a long way to be another South Korea! With a market potential of over 120 mio. people, the focus should be now to promote our own brands as a step to gain a momentum (capitalwise) to venture outside the EA region!

Diageo sio kampuni ilioanzisha EA Breweries mbali ilinunua hisa kutoka Kenya Breweries katika miaka za tisaini. Kenya Breweries ilianzishwa na wa-Kenya 1922 huko Kenya na kufikia 1990, wanahisa wengi walikuwa wakenya.

Yote ulioyasema ni upumbavu tu, na inaonyesha huzingatii kufanya utafiti kable ya kuchapisha mada zako.

Diageo sio kampuni ilioanzisha EA Breweries mbali ilinunua hisa kutoka Kenya Breweries katika miaka za tisaini. Kenya Breweries ilianzishwa na wa-Kenya 1922 huko Kenya na kufikia 1990, wanahisa wengi walikuwa wakenya.

Yote ulioyasema ni upumbavu tu, na inaonyesha huzingatii kufanya utafiti kable ya kuchapisha mada zako.

Yangu macho :fencing:

Is this fruit saying that Kenya doesnt produce its own alcohol, and that Keroche is the first to produce Kenyan alchohol?? do you sometimes think before you type...., most of your posts are thinly veiled cry for attention, you just use up space which would have been used to debate constructive stuff thinking that you are doing Tanzanians a favor by always bashing Kenya.

Is this fruit saying that Kenya doesnt produce its own alcohol, and that Keroche is the first to produce Kenyan alchohol?? do you sometimes think before you type...., most of your posts are thinly veiled cry for attention, you just use up space which would have been used to debate constructive stuff thinking that you are doing Tanzanians a favor by always bashing Kenya.

je EABL wana produce John walker
usiwe personal na geza ulole, mjibu tu without being personal

Back
Top Bottom