Did Ancient Egypt know that the source of the Nile i.e Lake Victoria?

Mokoyo

JF-Expert Member
Mar 2, 2010
Nianze kwa kusema kuwa haya sio maneno yangu ila nimeyatoa kwa mdau mmoja kwenye mtandao mmoja sasa naona sio haki kuliweka jina lake hapa pasipo ridhaa yake ila yamenivutia kutokana na unyeti wake kwa sasa has hii ishu ya Nile

I am touched with this issue.. I think even in their school syllabus students are not taught about the source of Nile because in October 2007, I attended an education conference in Cairo, and we had an opportunity to visit some schools. I told them I am from Tanzania East Africa, they seem not to know much about East Africa. I asked them where do they think I am from? they said Sudan! When I asked them where do they think the source of Nile is? they said- Sudan!Kenya I realise that most of students there know that black people are from Sudan, and thats where the source of nile is. May be because there is much interaction between these two countries.

I think much is needed to be done to ensure that the countries in the source of Nile benefit from the water it protects.

kumbuka karibia 80% of the river comes from the ethiopian highlands...lake victoria laweza kuwa source lakini si kwa kujivunia contribution ya mto kuliko waethiopia.

to answer your question, no, they didn't know it, because they did not have that level of education to discover other parts of the world etc

kumbuka karibia 80% of the river comes from the ethiopian highlands...lake victoria laweza kuwa source lakini si kwa kujivunia contribution ya mto kuliko waethiopia.

to answer your question, no, they didn't know it, because they did not have that level of education to discover other parts of the world etc

You are wrong and you dont seem to have knowledge of ancient egypt history.
Ancient egyptians had knowledge of geography of the nile, kama ukisoma maandishi ya queen hatsheput, huyu malkia alitembelea mpaka punt (modern day ethiopia/eritea) na waliita na waliita east asfrica nzima 'land of the gods/beginnings'. So they mostly probably knew where the nile began.

Ancient egyptians had knowledge of geography of the nile, kama ukisoma maandishi ya queen hatsheput, huyu malkia alitembelea mpaka punt (modern day ethiopia/eritea) na waliita na waliita east asfrica nzima 'land of the gods/beginnings'. So they mostly probably knew where the nile began.

Source ya Nile ni Jinja Uganda! Full Stop

so they thought the source of the river was from ethiopia? because she visited ethiopia, i would like to read that book too, did they visit lake victoria, burundi and uganda?....kwa mtazamo wangu, nilikuwa nafikiri nile river maji mengi yanatoka east africa kwenye lake victoria, hivi blue nile na white nile upi mkubwa?....

Kwanza kabisa hakuna njia moja inayokubalika kimataifa ya kujua chanzo cha mto.

Kwa kuangalia njia tofauti zinazotumika ona na fuatilia wiki hii

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Source_(river_or_stream)

Naona kuna fikra kwamba Ziwa Victoria ni chanzo cha mto Nile. Fikra hizi kwa mujibu wa logic ya kuangalia jinsi maji yanavyotembea kwenye mto, si sahihi.

Ziwa Victoria lina sifa nyingi (kubwa kabisa Africa, la tatu kwa ukubwa duniani etc) lakini si chanzo cha maji ya mto Nile.

Ziwa Victoria kamwe halizalishi maji, na kwa sababu halizalishi maji, haliwezi kuwa chanzo cha mto.

I doubt there is a Lake that produces water.I am interested to see one if I can be educated on that count.

On that count, chanzo cha mto Nile ni mto mrefu zaidi kuliko yote unaomwaga maji yake katika Ziwa Victoria.

The Nile Wiki has this source as " The White Nile rises in the Great Lakes region of central Africa, with the most distant source in southern Rwanda at 2°16′55.92″S 29°19′52.32″E, "

Nile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Some accounts place another source even further to the south, from the Luvironza River in Burundi.

White Nile - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

If one employs this nuanced method of finding a river's source, it becomes highly doubtful that the ancient Egyptians knew, almost certainly they did not.

I am prepared to grant an entertainment of the thought that they knew about Lake Nyanza.

Back
Top Bottom