Data recovery site

pitapitapita

Nov 2, 2010
HI ALL
I'M LOOKING FOR A COMPANY WHICH CAN PROVIDE A DATA RECOVERY SITE. I HAVE MY OFFICE WHERE I KEEP ALL THE SERVERS , NOW I WANT AN OFF SITE LOCATION WHERE I CAN KEEP THE SERVERS AND BEING UPDATED ONLINE, SO THAT IN CASE THE BASE SITE IS DESTROYED I CAN USE THE OFF SITE BACKUP TO RECOVER MY SERVICES.

conctact pitapita@patadomain.com

THANK YOU.

Do you need someone who provides space for you to host your offsite servers e.g. A Data Center Or Do you have space already (like a branch office) thus only need someone to configure auto backup services for you ?

B.P (2010)

HI ALL
I'M LOOKING FOR A COMPANY WHICH CAN PROVIDE A DATA RECOVERY SITE. I HAVE MY OFFICE WHERE I KEEP ALL THE SERVERS , NOW I WANT AN OFF SITE LOCATION WHERE I CAN KEEP THE SERVERS AND BEING UPDATED ONLINE, SO THAT IN CASE THE BASE SITE IS DESTROYED I CAN USE THE OFF SITE BACKUP TO RECOVER MY SERVICES.

conctact pitapita@patadomain.com

THANK YOU.

Look like u re business is running very critical services. Can I take you few miles back to have a big picture of what are your real requirement.

• Wht have u analysed to be the biggest Risks at your major site, probability of identified risks happening and their impact?- Summary of your risk analysis
  • Real time Data recovery site is very costly . Is it not acceptable for your services to be unavailable may be for 6 six hours in worst case scenario? Why not opt for an Offline Data Recovery site.?wich can be updated at the start and end of every business day.I gues your companay services are not like NASA mission. Offline data recovery side can reduce the network cost and complexity of the implimenntation
  • What type of Data do your company process?Wich type of application are you using to run the core business services? How many new transaction are proccessed per day or hour? This is important for choosing the right back-up plan?
  • Kuna issue nyingine Brain powe kakuuliza. Nani atakuwa ana resposnibility za kurun hiyo DRS? Nani unataka awe responsible na network communication kati ya DRS na major site?Kama site yako ni very critical na ni lazima iwe na online DRS itahitaji pia Redundant network kati ya DRS na na major site
what I mean here before even any company provide feasible DRS for you, it will need to know what are your contigency plan and or IT security policies.Let not solution find the problem let the problem find the solution

NB
Nimewai kufanya kazi ya implimentation ya DRS kwa mteja moja wa kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya kazi. Ukweli kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya ilifanya ile kazi ili kupata hela lakini kuna mambo mengi tuliyofanya yalikuwa yana alternative feasible approach. Example application like Microsoft SQL server have tools like Logshipping wich can be very helpful tool to make your data safe.

So make sure u analyse and evalute your real data saftety requirement before project implimentation.Its data wich is more critical than server and network. Just A good data backup policy can make u very secure.

Sina kampuni lakini kwa experince yangu ndogo naweza kukupa ushauri how to go about.

QUOTE=Mtazamaji;1230486]Kaka Matazamaji and Brain thanks a lot for your comments, below please see my comments
Look like u re business is running very critical services. Can I take you few miles back to have a big picture of what are your real requirement.

• Wht have u analysed to be the biggest Risks at your major site, probability of identified risks happening and their impact?- Summary of your risk analysis
  • Real time Data recovery site is very costly . Is it not acceptable for your services to be unavailable may be for 6 six hours in worst case scenario? Why not opt for an Offline Data Recovery site.?wich can be updated at the start and end of every business day.I gues your companay services are not like NASA mission. Offline data recovery side can reduce the network cost and complexity of the implimenntation
i agree with you , we have not a bank, or like NASA, what we need is NOT to lose data , when something happened to our location, we may not need a realtime data recovery.

• What type of Data do your company process?Wich type of application are you using to run the core business services? How many new transaction are proccessed per day or hour? This is important for choosing the right back-up plan?
mainly we host several databases, which used one back end server and different front end platforms, of course there are a lot of transaction done daily which, we cant risk to loose

• Kuna issue nyingine Brain powe kakuuliza. Nani atakuwa ana resposnibility za kurun hiyo DRS? Nani unataka awe responsible na network communication kati ya DRS na major site?Kama site yako ni very critical na ni lazima iwe na online DRS itahitaji pia Redundant network kati ya DRS na na major site
what i need t a data center , i dont have one, however all necessary connections and configurations should be done by the provider , but and the need of a day i need to be running the processes and probably setup auto backup depending on schedules

what I mean here before even any company provide feasible DRS for you, it will need to know what are your contigency plan and or IT security policies.Let not solution find the problem let the problem find the solution
in agreement

NB
Nimewai kufanya kazi ya implimentation ya DRS kwa mteja moja wa kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya kazi. Ukweli kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya ilifanya ile kazi ili kupata hela lakini kuna mambo mengi tuliyofanya yalikuwa yana alternative feasible approach. Example application like Microsoft SQL server have tools like Logshipping wich can be very helpful tool to make your data safe.

kaka nimependa sana hii, i think, we need to arrange meeting, so that we can talk and see if we can do something here

So make sure u analyse and evalute your real data saftety requirement before project implimentation.Its data wich is more critical than server and network. Just A good data backup policy can make u very secure.
in agreement

Sina kampuni lakini kwa experince yangu ndogo naweza kukupa ushauri how to go about.

thanks, have my email at the top, is pitapita@patadomain.com , lets get in touch
[/QUOTE]

Nimekuanikia mail kaka. lakini tunaweza kuendelea kujadilianahapa maana wataalamu wako wengi na wote tuna mengi ya kujifunza.

Sasa sijui katika mazingira yako ya Major production site una tumia backup strategy gani.
Most database administrators (DBAs) know what it's like to be called away from home or dinner or even awakened in the middle of the night to answer a page or a cell-phone call concerning some type of database disaster. These are the times you're glad that you have a systematic backup plan. Of course, conversely, if you don't have a good backup plan, these are the times you regret it.

In this article, we will discuss various types of backup strategies and demonstrate how to implement each of these types of backups using Enterprise Manager, the graphical user interface (GUI), and Transact SQL (T-SQL) in Microsoft SQL Server 2000.

Put together a backup plan
Before developing your backup strategy, you need to develop a plan of action. Evaluate your company and ask, "What is the maximum amount of downtime we can live with?" Once this is established, you can decide on the appropriate course of action by matching your company's needs to the appropriate level of database backup.

Full backups
A full backup is the easiest type of backup to implement in SQL Server. It takes a complete picture of your database that includes backing up users and permissions. In addition, this backup can occur while transactions are still occurring in your system. When the backup begins, the date is recorded, the data pages are backed up, and all transactions that occur while the backup runs are appended to the backup.
Author's note
A full backup backs up your users but not your logins. If you want to back up your logins, remember to back up the Master database. Furthermore, if you ever restore your database to a different server, you must synchronize your logins by using the sp_change_users_login. For a more detailed explanation of this stored procedure, see SQL Books Online.

Read full article at Selecting the best backup strategy for Microsoft SQL Server