Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Data recovery site

Discussion in 'Tech, Gadgets & Science Forum' started by pitapitapita, Nov 5, 2010.

1. p

pitapitapita Member

Nov 5, 2010
    HI ALL
    I'M LOOKING FOR A COMPANY WHICH CAN PROVIDE A DATA RECOVERY SITE. I HAVE MY OFFICE WHERE I KEEP ALL THE SERVERS , NOW I WANT AN OFF SITE LOCATION WHERE I CAN KEEP THE SERVERS AND BEING UPDATED ONLINE, SO THAT IN CASE THE BASE SITE IS DESTROYED I CAN USE THE OFF SITE BACKUP TO RECOVER MY SERVICES.

conctact pitapita@patadomain.com

THANK YOU.

2. BrainPower

BrainPower Senior Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Do you need someone who provides space for you to host your offsite servers e.g. A Data Center Or Do you have space already (like a branch office) thus only need someone to configure auto backup services for you ?

B.P (2010)

3. Mtazamaji

Mtazamaji JF-Expert Member

Nov 6, 2010
    Look like u re business is running very critical services. Can I take you few miles back to have a big picture of what are your real requirement.

• Wht have u analysed to be the biggest Risks at your major site, probability of identified risks happening and their impact?- Summary of your risk analysis
    • Real time Data recovery site is very costly . Is it not acceptable for your services to be unavailable may be for 6 six hours in worst case scenario? Why not opt for an Offline Data Recovery site.?wich can be updated at the start and end of every business day.I gues your companay services are not like NASA mission. Offline data recovery side can reduce the network cost and complexity of the implimenntation
    • What type of Data do your company process?Wich type of application are you using to run the core business services? How many new transaction are proccessed per day or hour? This is important for choosing the right back-up plan?
    • Kuna issue nyingine Brain powe kakuuliza. Nani atakuwa ana resposnibility za kurun hiyo DRS? Nani unataka awe responsible na network communication kati ya DRS na major site?Kama site yako ni very critical na ni lazima iwe na online DRS itahitaji pia Redundant network kati ya DRS na na major site
    what I mean here before even any company provide feasible DRS for you, it will need to know what are your contigency plan and or IT security policies.Let not solution find the problem let the problem find the solution

NB
    Nimewai kufanya kazi ya implimentation ya DRS kwa mteja moja wa kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya kazi. Ukweli kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya ilifanya ile kazi ili kupata hela lakini kuna mambo mengi tuliyofanya yalikuwa yana alternative feasible approach. Example application like Microsoft SQL server have tools like Logshipping wich can be very helpful tool to make your data safe.

So make sure u analyse and evalute your real data saftety requirement before project implimentation.Its data wich is more critical than server and network. Just A good data backup policy can make u very secure.

Sina kampuni lakini kwa experince yangu ndogo naweza kukupa ushauri how to go about.

4. p

pitapitapita Member

Nov 8, 2010
    QUOTE=Mtazamaji;1230486]Kaka Matazamaji and Brain thanks a lot for your comments, below please see my comments
    Look like u re business is running very critical services. Can I take you few miles back to have a big picture of what are your real requirement.

• Wht have u analysed to be the biggest Risks at your major site, probability of identified risks happening and their impact?- Summary of your risk analysis
    • Real time Data recovery site is very costly . Is it not acceptable for your services to be unavailable may be for 6 six hours in worst case scenario? Why not opt for an Offline Data Recovery site.?wich can be updated at the start and end of every business day.I gues your companay services are not like NASA mission. Offline data recovery side can reduce the network cost and complexity of the implimenntation
    i agree with you , we have not a bank, or like NASA, what we need is NOT to lose data , when something happened to our location, we may not need a realtime data recovery.

• What type of Data do your company process?Wich type of application are you using to run the core business services? How many new transaction are proccessed per day or hour? This is important for choosing the right back-up plan?
    mainly we host several databases, which used one back end server and different front end platforms, of course there are a lot of transaction done daily which, we cant risk to loose

• Kuna issue nyingine Brain powe kakuuliza. Nani atakuwa ana resposnibility za kurun hiyo DRS? Nani unataka awe responsible na network communication kati ya DRS na major site?Kama site yako ni very critical na ni lazima iwe na online DRS itahitaji pia Redundant network kati ya DRS na na major site
    what i need t a data center , i dont have one, however all necessary connections and configurations should be done by the provider , but and the need of a day i need to be running the processes and probably setup auto backup depending on schedules

what I mean here before even any company provide feasible DRS for you, it will need to know what are your contigency plan and or IT security policies.Let not solution find the problem let the problem find the solution
    in agreement

NB
    Nimewai kufanya kazi ya implimentation ya DRS kwa mteja moja wa kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya kazi. Ukweli kampuni niliyokuwa nafanya ilifanya ile kazi ili kupata hela lakini kuna mambo mengi tuliyofanya yalikuwa yana alternative feasible approach. Example application like Microsoft SQL server have tools like Logshipping wich can be very helpful tool to make your data safe.

kaka nimependa sana hii, i think, we need to arrange meeting, so that we can talk and see if we can do something here

So make sure u analyse and evalute your real data saftety requirement before project implimentation.Its data wich is more critical than server and network. Just A good data backup policy can make u very secure.
    in agreement

Sina kampuni lakini kwa experince yangu ndogo naweza kukupa ushauri how to go about.

thanks, have my email at the top, is pitapita@patadomain.com , lets get in touch
    [/QUOTE]

5. Mtazamaji

Mtazamaji JF-Expert Member

Nov 11, 2010
    Nimekuanikia mail kaka. lakini tunaweza kuendelea kujadilianahapa maana wataalamu wako wengi na wote tuna mengi ya kujifunza.

Sasa sijui katika mazingira yako ya Major production site una tumia backup strategy gani.