Dakar Rally 2008 - 2011

Kibunago twashukuru sana kwa habari. Nina swali hile safari rally ilifia wapi na bongo rally gani ni maharufu au inajulikana kimataifa
Mkuu, hapo kwenye rangi isomeke Kibunango...:)
Safari rally bado ipo ila sasa ipo chini ya jina la Kenya Commercial Bank, na ni baada ya kuondolewa katika Mashindano ya Mbio za Magari Duniani (WRC) mwaka 2003, kwa sababu tele zikiwemo za kushindwa kwa maandalizi na usalama. Zaidi KCB Safari Rally bado inatambuliwa na FIA na ipo kwenye kalenda ya mashindano ya magari ya Afrika(African Rally Championship) yanayotambuliwa na FIA.

Kwa Tanzania mashindano ya magari yanayotambuliwa na FIA ni yale ambayo yamekuwa yakidhaminiwa na Kobil na yanajulikana kama Kobil Tanzania Rally na mwaka jana yalifanyika katika jiji la Dar es Salaam. Aidha kuna mashindano madogo ya magari katika ngazi ya kitaifa na kimataifa katika mikoa ya Arusha na Morogoro. Aidha Zanzibar kipitia Tigo wamewahi kuandaa mashindano ya magari katika ngazi ya kitaifa.

Kwa habari zaidi unaweza kutembelea site ya African Rally, WRC na FIA

Dakar 2010 - Stage 12: News

site_9_rand_768862588_sainz_300.jpg

Former World Rally champion Carlos Sainz took another huge step towards the 2010 Dakar Rally title when he captured the 12th stage from San Juan to San Rafael in Argentina.

The Spaniard opened up a 52 second gap over his Volkswagen teammate and closest rival Nasser Al-Attiyah following the gruelling 796km run, of which 476km was timed special stage.

Al-Attiyah was second on the day but time is running out for the Qatari driver, who is now 5 minutes and 20 seconds behind on the overall standings, with just two stages remaining before the races finishes in Buenos Aires.

Lopez wins another stage

In the motorbikes, Chile's Francisco Lopez won the stage on his Aprilia, ahead of France's David Fretigne on a Yamaha, who was 40 seconds off the pace, with Norway's Pal Ullevalseter, on a KTM, 1min 13sec behind the winner.

"It was a wonderful stage and very hot at the end, a technical and tough special," Lopez said.

"I handled the bike well. It was a route that suited my machine, but it was difficult. For one of the last few stages of the Dakar, it was one of the toughest."

Overall leader Cyril Despres of France, on a KTM, stayed in charge of the overall standings, an hour ahead of the Chilean, despite losing more than 17 minutes on the stage.

Source: SBS Dakar Rally 2010

Dakar 2010 -Stage 12

more to follow...

Last edited by a moderator:
Kibunango, hivi hizi bike huwa wanauza baada ya mashindano? I like them, especially KTM.
Baadhi ya washiriki wanauza bike zao, ila wengi huendela kuzitumia. Mwaka huu kwa mfano KTM wameingiza bike za KTM 450, wakati mwaka jana walitumia 690. Hivyo basi toleo la mwaka jana wengine watakuwa wameshaziuza ama ameweka kwa kumbukumbu zao.

Zaidi kuna baadhi wanauza vifaa fulani fulani vya bike zilizotumika katika mashindano hayo, hawa ni washiriki binafsi ambao hawana udhamini na makampuni ya utengenezaji wa bike hizo.

Ni vema kucheki na site ya KTM au ya Dakar rally, kwenye forums yao! Unaweza kubahatisha bike!

Dakar 2010

Al-Attiyah makes move on Stage 13
16 Jan 2010, 6:00 AM

France's Stephane Peterhansel of BMW won the 13th and penultimate stage of the Dakar Rally in the car category, a 725km run between San Rafael and Santa Rosa in central Argentina.

Qatar's Nasser Al-Attiyah, driving a Volkswagen, finished second, 1min 21sec behind Peterhansel, with overall leader Carlos Sainz of Spain finishing 3min 53sec behind the Peterhansel.

Sainz's lead over Volkswagen teammate Al-Attiyah in the general classification was subsequently cut to just 2min 48sec ahead of the final stage, which takes the drivers back into Buenos Aires.

With seemingly no team orders in the Volkswagen team, the race between Sainz and Al-Attiyah looks set to go down to the wire, possibly in controversial circumstances, as Sainz explained.

"At one point, he (Al-Attiyah) passed me and hit me and then, when he was in front of me, he started zigzagging in front of me!" the two-time World Rally champion said.

"This is not fair play at all! If I had seen him in my rearview mirror and if I had started doing the same, he would not have passed me.

"What is absolutely not normal is that a teammate would hit you. No, I don't think I have won the Dakar quite yet."

However Al-Attiyah was unrepentant as he sets his sights on his first Dakar victory.

"It was quick with some unbelievable parts," said Al-Attiyah.

"Sometimes the car was on four wheels, sometimes on three, sometimes even two. In some places the track was steeper than I have ever seen, almost vertical!

"I didn't lose much time, so it's been a good day. I feel good about tomorrow, even great."

Lucky 13 for Ullevalseter

Earlier, Norwegian Pal Ullevalseter won the 13th motorbike stage of the race.

The victory took Ullevalseter (KTM) into second place in the overall standings, leapfrogging the Chilean Francisco Lopez who finished 5min 35sec behind the Norwegian in fourth place on his Aprilia.

"A fantastic stage for me. I started third and after 40km I was in the lead," said Ullevalseter.

"Today was a route for big bikes. We could really attack and in the last hours I was riding at more than 160km/h. It's perfect!"

France's KTM rider Cyril Despres, 43sec behind Ullevalseter in second place, continues to enjoy a healthy lead of 1hr 4min at the top of the motorbikes general classification.

"There was only a small section of sandy tracks and about 20 km of sand dunes. It's always a pleasure to ride that," said Despres.

"It is much easier to stay focused when you drive a bit fast.

"I trust my KTM and my tires. I knew I would drive fast and it would be fine."

Spain's Marc Coma, another KTM rider, finished third on the day, 2min 46sec off Ullevalseter's pace.

Coma was handed a controversial time penalty of six hours for illegally changing a wheel during the seventh stage and is now 6hr 32min behind Despres in the overall standings.

Portugal's Helder Rodrigues (Yamaha) remains fourth overall, with Frenchmen David Fretigne (Yamaha) and Alain Duclos (KTM) fifth and sixth respectively.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dakar 2010: Sainz and Despres secure Dakar victories
site_9_rand_118671102_sainz_300.jpg

17 Jan 2010, 6:00 AM

Spain's two-time World Rally champion Carlos Sainz won the 2010 Dakar Rally driving a Volkswagen, while in the motorbike category Frenchman Cyril Despres secured his third Dakar title as the race finished in Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Volkswagen teammate and closest rival Nasser Al-Attiyah of Qatar won the final stage, a 335km special from Santa Rosa, but it wasn't enough to bridge the gap to Sainz.

World Rally champion in 1990 and 1992, Sainz had led the race since the fifth stage and clinched two stages on the 32nd running of the gruelling event.

"A very, very important day for me. I won in Europe, in Spain and today in the Dakar. I am really happy and relieved," said Sainz.

"It was a tough and daily fight against my teammate. I knew it would be like that. I fought so hard. Today was a very special, special stage. I could not afford any mistake.

"We had to master everything and control our emotions. But it has been like this for a week!"

The Spaniard finished 2min 12sec ahead of Al-Attiyah with whom he angrily clashed on Friday's penultimate stage when he accused the Qatari of unsporting behaviour when he passed the Spaniard.

"It's okay. I'm pretty happy. This second place is a good result for me. I never got this high in the standings," Al-Attiyah said.

"What matters is that a Volkswagen won. I am happy for Carlos. He did his job. I tried to do mine.

"Next year, I'll win. But now I'll go shake hands with Carlos; he's part of the team."

Fellow Volkswagen driver Mark Miller of the USA, was 32min 51sec behind Sainz to take third place.

It was Volkswagen's third win in the event following triumphs in 1980 and 2009.

Despres takes third title
l4231689.jpg

In the motorbike category, Frenchman Despres won his third Dakar Rally title after the 14th and final stage, which was won by Portuguese rider Ruben Faria.

"All victories are nice but this one is particularly beautiful. It is the victory of hard work, of expertise and of an incredible team," said Despres.

"There are nine of us in the team and not one of us ever let go. We all wanted to win; we all wanted to fight hard and we won. It's just fantastic.

"I just wanted to win. And this will to win was stronger than the fear of losing. It was a tough Dakar, a beautiful Dakar and I am so glad I won."

Norwegian Pal Ullevalseter finished second overall, over an hour behind Despres, after finishing second on his KTM in the stage, 3min 45sec behind Faria.

Chilean Francisco Lopez riding an Aprilia was third overall, less than five minutes behind the runner-up.

Dakar Rally kuanza mapema mwakani.... tarehe 1-16 January 2011... Wiki mbili za mashindano magumu kabisa duniani.

0 Reactions
Back
Top Bottom