Crisis of Leadership: Is Tanzania Exceptional?

Companero

Platinum Member
Jul 12, 2008
I have been thinking for quite some time now about the crisis of legitimacy that is facing Tanzania's top leadership. Today I got an idea that maybe this crisis has nothing to do with our President and his Cabinet. Rather, it might be a universal phenomenon that is part and parcel of the ongoing global economic and moral crisis. Could this be true or am I daydreaming?

Why would you be thinking that? Have you got any parallel examples to justify your speculation or are you trying to be apologetic for what you call 'leadership crisis'?

Why would you be thinking that? Have you got any parallel examples to justify your speculation or are you trying to be apologetic for what you call 'leadership crisis'?

My thoughts have been triggered by what I hear, read and see around - Museveni's divisive tribal issues, Raila-Kibaki's nonstarter peace accord, Zuma's workers in protest and the list goes on and on. No, I cannot be apologetic about this leadership vacuum. I am just trying to locate our crisis of leadership within the broader global political and moral context.

My thoughts have been triggered by what I hear, read and see around - Museveni's divisive tribal issues, Raila-Kibaki's nonstarter peace accord, Zuma's workers in protest and the list goes on and on. No, I cannot be apologetic about this leadership vacuum. I am just trying to locate our crisis of leadership within the broader global political and moral context.

You are way offbase with your daydreams....the real problem here is "Waafrika Ndivyo Tulivyo", period.

I have been thinking for quite some time now about the crisis of legitimacy that is facing Tanzania's top leadership. Today I got an idea that maybe this crisis has nothing to do with our President and his Cabinet. Rather, it might be a universal phenomenon that is part and parcel of the ongoing global economic and moral crisis. Could this be true or am I daydreaming?

What kind of crisis are you talking about? If there were any crisis, people would be outside by now doing all kind of protests. Since we don't see the manifestation of civil unrests, we should simply assume that everything is fine, and any kind of crisis you envision is imaginary.

What kind of crisis are you talking about? If there were any crisis, people would be outside by now doing all kind of protests. Since we don't see the manifestation of civil unrests, we should simply assume that everything is fine, and any kind of crisis you envision is imaginary.

My friend are you suffering from historical amnesia or you are just being rhetorically sarcastic? Among other crises, the current government has witnessed:

1. Stoning of a presidential motorcade
2. Protests by teachers and students
3. Strikes by TRL Workers
4. Conflicts in by-elections
5. Quarrels over Election Manifesto
6. Arguments on Kadhi Court
7. Doubts on Richmond & Kiwira
8. Confusion on Zanzibar's Status
9. Uncertainty among CCM candidates
10.Coverup of Meremeta & other Deals

My friend are you suffering from historical amnesia or you are just being rhetorically sarcastic? Among other crises, the current government has witnessed:

All of these are commonplace in Africa, therefore confirming what has been argued by the great NN for a long time

Is the stoning of the presidential motorcade number one in your list? You must be joking. The people who stoned it were frustrated because they waited for so long to see the president, but due to known and obscure reasons the president didn’t have time to see them. Anyway this isn’t a crisis, and it clearly shows that we are unproductive breed of people. How could a person spend more than six hours waiting for a president?

Is the stoning of the presidential motorcade number one in your list? You must be joking. The people who stoned it were frustrated because they waited for so long to see the president, but due to known and obscure reasons the president didn’t have time to see them. Anyway this isn’t a crisis, and it clearly shows that we are unproductive breed of people. How could a person spend more than six hours waiting for a president?

The numbering in that list is abirtrary. If we are not in a leadership crisis how come we are getting contradictory statements on Richmond? How come Mr. President had to give a Castro-like speech in the Bunge to create legitimacy? If we are not in a crisis, what are we in - peace and tranquility?

The numbering in that list is abirtrary. If we are not in a leadership crisis how come we are getting contradictory statements on Richmond? How come Mr. President had to give a Castro-like speech in the Bunge to create legitimacy? If we are not in a crisis, what are we in - peace and tranquility?

Contradictory statements on Richmond aren't intended for you. They are part of PR campaign with the sole objects of maintaining peace and tranquility. I know you won't agree with me, but again the president doesn't give a speech to match what is in your check list. He gives speeches to satisfy the souls of those who still believe him.

Back
Top Bottom