COP15:Who is the Tanzanian delegate?

A name would do.

Somebody Muyungi yupo ofisi ya makamu wa rais. Yeye ndio msemaji, wengine hawaruhusiwi kuongea pale ni mtu mmoja tu. Pia ni mzungumzaji wa jumla wa wa nchi zinazoendelea pamoja na China, India na Brazil (a group called 77 if am not mistaken).

No one and they said that they will not offer any print (makabrasha) for the summit, instead they will use the money to sponsor masters students for MSc related to environment and natural resources. Along I dont think even Tanzania got a chance though many applied. Participants for COP15 is no exception I suspect. Anyhow!

Yaani katika vitu ambavyo vimenisikitisha ni hii COP ya Copenhagen. Yaani Afrika we seem to be lost in the maze of climate change discusion. Infact Africa let alone Tanzania have no position on Climate Change discussion. Nimefuatilia kwa ukaribu..juzi juzi watu wamekutana Addis Ababa lakini it was just a talk with hot air. Sijui kwa nini sisi we aint serious with serious issues like these. TANGU adoption ya Rio 1992, Africa tumekuwa wasindikizaji. na leo tumekuwa walalamikaji kama vitims..as if kuna mtu wa kutuonea huruma! Sasa hivi tunadai tupewe compensation..without any idea whatsover ya nini tufanyie hizo pesa. Whats wrong with Africa jamani?? Duh!

Guys, Iam publishing a paper on this "poverty of African position on climate change discussion" (not exact title). But I hope to share my views with wider Africans home and diaspora. Inasikitisha sana..wakati wenzetu wa magharibi wanaichukulia hii COP 15 kama changamoto..sisi ndo opportunity ya kwenda shopping...Yaani kifupi... Africa has no position! Hata ukiangalia AU juzi kule Libya..the best walitoa political statements ambazo in real world cant work...

Anyway Tanzania just like most African countries..tumebaki kulalamika...we aint involved in the norm creation ya hii field muhimu sana ya climate Change..tunapigia kelele..etu G-77 plus China..lakini ukweli China hawezi kutuongelea wala kututetea na ameshakuwa biggest emmitter..tumebaki tunaimba nyimbo za solidarity tuu...China ana maslahi yake makubwa sana...sijui hilo hatulioni??

Suki et al..kama kuna mtu anafuatlia hii kitu kwa ukaribu..I will be happy to share..but I can only say..dont expect anything new from Africa in the upcoming COP-15!

Thank you KwetuniKwetu.
In case anybody else was wondering,here's your guy:

Richard Muyungi
Office of the Vice-President
Tanzania

Date: August 2009

Richard Muyungi, from the office of the vice-president of Tanzania and the former chair of the Least Developed Countries group, talks to Climate Change TV about the status of negotiations and the importance on Tanzania, he calls for a greater emphasis in the area of adaptation and finance, and he hopes for a greater focus on forestry management initiatives in Africa.

Asante kwako pia Masanja.
Nadhani ni mapema sana kuongelea kuhusu nafasi ya Tanzania na nchi nyingine za kusini kwenye COP 15.Kwanza,kutokana na uelekeo wa jamii ya nchi za ulaya kwa sasa mhhh....may be (trying to be a little optimistic) there might be some hope afterall.
Don't quote me yet,I am,at the moment too mellow to give any critical response.