Congo, So rich and yet so poor!!!

Congo, so rich and yet so poor!!! Can anything be done?

Yes, beg the Belgiums to come back. Offer them free land if you have to. Now you may ask, what's in it for the people of Congo? The answer is a developed country. Think of it as bringing Belgium to Africa.

Yes, beg the Belgiums to come back. Offer them free land if you have to. Now you may ask, what's in it for the people of Congo? The answer is a developed country. Think of it as bringing Belgium to Africa.

no, if they do come it's to atone for the atrocities they commited in the congo.
Ever read this book "King Leopolds Ghost". "A story of greed, Terror and Heroism in colonial Africa". by Adam Hochschild"?

no, if they do come it's to atone for the atrocities they commited in the congo.
Ever read this book "King Leopolds Ghost". "A story of greed, Terror and Heroism in colonial Africa". by Adam Hochschild"?

So you are holding Belgians today responsible for what their dead king allegedly did? Isn't that racist? Do you live in Europe or America by any chance?

Nyaralego,

nakupa wasia kua usibishane na huyu jamaa.Unapoteza mda
wako bure...ni kama kupigia mbuzi zeze!

Endowed of natural resources is not the only reason of fighting poverty. Human capital and its quality can have a bigger impact rather than abondant of natural resources like what happen in Congo, where its people displaced for so long as a result they can not be developed and their spending a long time in refugees camps. When these people can be productive and contribute to the economy of their country?

Thinking of developing Congo first lets look at it's people as the precious resources that need to be invested on and productively participate in the economic development activities. Take the case of Singapore, Japan and Korea where there not endowed with much natural resources but they real invested on its people the model that India and China repricate and their getting the positive results now but we in Africa we dont think that human capital are the most important resorce.

I will advice first to change our attitude toward resources and first priority given to human capital followed by other resources like financial, technology,infrastracture,land and time. You will see not only Congo even other African countries will develop.

So you are holding Belgians today responsible for what their dead king allegedly did? Isn't that racist? Do you live in Europe or America by any chance?

I'm not racist and please don't say that, they set the precedent for what ills that are happening in the Congo. The rubber plantations...

In francophone Africa the French left a legacy of cultural appreciation.
In anglophone africa we inherited a working system, albeit tribalistic.

The scramble for Africa began in th e 19th century and is still going on...look at China looking for it's piece of the pie, even other African countries joining in.
SA in our EA countiries trying to get monopoly, Museveni in the Congo by way of Rwanda trying to be the regional emperor.

In Anglophone and Francophone countries(France) the colonialist still come to the aid of their ex-colonies. I do not hear of Belgium doing anything especially for Congo.

Anyway to digress, a little bit, Africa is like a battered woman who has become so weak that even the weakest person can bully her.

It makes me very sad because it's a systemic way to control Africa, and we are not able to do much.
Nobody wants to intervene because it suits their purpose if there is no unity in the African continent.

Congo, that instability is sad and infectious.

Nyaralego, this battered woman in this case, has brought this mess unto herself because she listens to the voices in her head that keep telling her to go back to her abusive husband. The voices being the Mugabes, Nkundas, Kagames, Mobutus,the Gambian mad man, the list is endless and of course the africans who still think that we are helpless without the white man.
Yes, Belgium was built by Zairean diamonds and yes Kagame wants to make Rwanda a mighty tiny wonder power using what's left of those diamonds...

I'm not racist and please don't say that, they set the precedent for what ills that are happening in the Congo. The rubber plantations...

In francophone Africa the French left a legacy of cultural appreciation.
In anglophone africa we inherited a working system, albeit tribalistic.

The scramble for Africa began in th e 19th century and is still going on...look at China looking for it's piece of the pie, even other African countries joining in.
SA in our EA countiries trying to get monopoly, Museveni in the Congo by way of Rwanda trying to be the regional emperor.

In Anglophone and Francophone countries(France) the colonialist still come to the aid of their ex-colonies. I do not hear of Belgium doing anything especially for Congo.

Anyway to digress, a little bit, Africa is like a battered woman who has become so weak that even the weakest person can bully her.

It makes me very sad because it's a systemic way to control Africa, and we are not able to do much.
Nobody wants to intervene because it suits their purpose if there is no unity in the African continent.

Congo, that instability is sad and infectious.

You say you are not racist but you are holding Belgians today responsible for what King Leopold allegedly did. That does not sound right. You also have not answered my question, do you live in Europe or America? My point of begging the Belgians to return is very simple. If many Congolese want to migrate to Belgium, why not invite Belgians to turn Congo into another Belgium? You see it is a win-win situation for the Congolese and Belgians.

Endowed of natural resources is not the only reason of fighting poverty. Human capital and its quality can have a bigger impact rather than abondant of natural resources like what happen in Congo, where its people displaced for so long as a result they can not be developed and their spending a long time in refugees camps. When these people can be productive and contribute to the economy of their country?

Thinking of developing Congo first lets look at it's people as the precious resources that need to be invested on and productively participate in the economic development activities. Take the case of Singapore, Japan and Korea where there not endowed with much natural resources but they real invested on its people the model that India and China repricate and their getting the positive results now but we in Africa we dont think that human capital are the most important resorce.

I will advice first to change our attitude toward resources and first priority given to human capital followed by other resources like financial, technology,infrastracture,land and time. You will see not only Congo even other African countries will develop.

The human capital in those countries has a high average intelligence. You can't compare the intelligence of an average Japanese to that of an average Congolese for example. So that is why what you are proposing will not work. There is a reason Microsoft, Google and many other big corporations set up shops in countries like India and China. Because they know there are capable engineers, scientists to be found in those countries. Plenty of talented people to tap into in those countries. If Google or Microsoft thought they would find similar talent in Africa they would have set up shops in Africa too. The solution in Congo is really to beg the Belgians to return. That's about it.

Nyaralego, this battered woman in this case, has brought this mess unto herself because she listens to the voices in her head that keep telling her to go back to her abusive husband.
So you think she deserves it? The abusive husband is forcing himself on her. It's by force its rape. Imagine rape by the very same husband who has sworn and oathed to protect you?

The voices being the Mugabes, Nkundas, Kagames, Mobutus,the Gambian mad man, the list is endless (let me add Bashir of Sudan and Kony), and of course the africans who still think that we are helpless without the white man.
I do not think that it's because Africans believe that they are helpless without the wakoloni, The Africans ousted the White Man and wanted to rule themselve, they had some belief in themselves to demand for freedom and self governance. Tatizo ni greedy and immoral leaders who have put in place machinery and systems to remain power till death. Look at how Kibaki usurped power in Kenya!

Yes, Belgium was built by Zairean diamonds and yes Kagame wants to make Rwanda a mighty tiny wonder power using what's left of those diamonds...
Yes, its true Kagame wants a piece of the pie, the duplicity of Kagame, after the genocide you would think that he would be cautious and not support any form of war.

My location is not really that important. The truth of the matter is the Belgians are culpable, Just like Britain is to blame for the tribal leanings that are experienced in Kenya, Divide and Rule they call it.

Educated leaders leading their people back to "Misri", so to speak.

My location is not really that important.

Your location is important because if you live in Europe or in America then you are denying the people of Congo the opportunity to experience similar lifestyle by bringing Belgium to Congo. In other words you are riding the gravy train in Europe or in America but you don't want the people of Congo to also the ride the gravy train. If it is good enough for you then it should be good enough for the people of Congo. No?

The truth of the matter is the Belgians are culpable, Just like Britain is to blame for the tribal leanings that are experienced in Kenya, Divide and Rule they call it.

Educated leaders leading their people back to "Misri", so to speak.

According to your theory, what Belgians are culpable? The ones alive today or King Leopold or those alive during his time? If your theory is to blame all Belgians including the ones alive today, some who probably don't know where Congo is on the map then is it also OK for a person of different nationality to blame you or all Tanzanians for what other Tanzanians did?

Patrice Lumumba ni kiongozi peke yake ambaye angewaunganisha wakongolese!Ila ndo hapo sasa hawa wa sasa wamekuwa vibaraka tu!na wananchi wanagombana kila siku huku wazungu na wachina wakijuchukua madini ya Congo!

What a moron!

The Truth, my point is fighting poverty in Congo should start with investing in human capital. The differences that you mentioned caused by the level of education, peace, stability,population and economic growth. I dont agree that people in Asia are more intelligent than average person in Africa.

The giants can come in Africa if their assured with the security of their investment, compared to Africa, Asia is more secured and a big market(population). More universities, schools, institutes and colleges are in Asia and also sending their people abroad for studies. They invested in Human resource but we in Africa we kill, spend more money in war rather build schools, making people displaced and unsecured.

Also my concern is to avoid the notion that natural resources is everything, even here in Bongo you can here people say we have this and that and forget the human capital that need to developed. Take this as my view

The Truth, my point is fighting poverty in Congo should start with investing in human capital. The differences that you mentioned caused by the level of education, peace, stability,population and economic growth. I dont agree that people in Asia are more intelligent than average person in Africa.

The average IQ scores by countries are documented in the book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" by Richard Lynn, Tatu Vanhanen. You can read few pages of the book online on Google Books

IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Google Book Search

Asian countries have a higher average IQ among their population compared to African countries. African countries have the lowest average IQ in the world.

The average IQ scores by countries are documented in the book "IQ and the Wealth of Nations" by Richard Lynn, Tatu Vanhanen. You can read few pages of the book online on Google Books

IQ and the Wealth of Nations - Google Book Search

Asian countries have a higher average IQ among their population compared to African countries. African countries have the lowest average IQ in the world.

...What the hell have you ever done in your life beside being a bigot from third World india? this bloodsucking racist fool belongs to khmer rouge & nazi,pls go away...fool!

Back
Top Bottom