Confused Mzungu would like to better understand

johnindar

Jan 25, 2011
Can anyone explain how we can be having so many power cuts, which is disasterously costly to business, but at the same time the media is full of stories of how Tanzania will be exporting electricity in the very near future. If Dar can't be adequately powered, how and why exporting electricity even be considered.

I'd like to think there is some logic to this, can anyone explain.

The word 'logic' does not seem tho have the same meaning to most of the media and leaders in Tanzania. Seems like they are all living in delusions, busy deluding the people, and of course, including themselves.

Can anyone explain how we can be having so many power cuts, which is disasterously costly to business, but at the same time the media is full of stories of how Tanzania will be exporting electricity in the very near future. If Dar can't be adequately powered, how and why exporting electricity even be considered.

"Logic" and "Tanzania" cannot and should not be in the same sentence!

It is very simple my friend. They export the electricity to their foreign customers even if it means rationing the electricity back home. Does it make sense now? Bora "mwenyeji" akose "mgeni" apate.

Better use your time walking your dog rather than spending it trying to understand the logics of Tanzanian leaders. What is even more disappointing is when some media houses play to their tunes. What we have in Tanzania is typical goose chase!

I'm feeling very sorry for you, after leaving your lovely home where power cuts are unheard off and then you come to Tanzania there is plenty of POWER Cuts..

Let me explain; in Tanzania the people are so used to having power cuts that if we went a year without it people might complain. We are having all these problems due to the fact that our Government signed contracts for exporting electricity to our neighbors and that brings them money that we probably don't see or benefit us, but i'm very sure that it does benefit them a lot as they probably pocket the money them selves.

Tanzania is a country full of oppression to the people as a larger percentage are uneducated and hence we do not know what are our rights.. and that is the best LOGIC i can offer you..

Karibu Tanzania..

I think most of our African capitals experience the same problem: maintenance. the quantity of electricity produced is enough to light up the whole city but the facilities, wires, personnel etc are not adequately maintained. this results in the power cuts. Now, where things go wrong is when "they" want to invest in sharing the energy with other countries instead of investing in maintenance for the energy they already produce...
But don't worry, you will get used to it and you will develop alternative solution for your business.:clap2:

If you say, we don't have African leaders on power currently who are really for people, hakuna..... lies, lies... fake promises, corruption a
well known song, ila i see in the near future wananchi will say no to hovyo leaders, fedha zipo, but misused so much.

Talking about logic in Tanzanian Media, half percent of the media is being owned by the people who embezzle the resources of this country they less care about what problems are facing us if the President himself is quite about the situation and he's just traveling abroad having good time and not staying in his country to resolve the situation you can definitely see where we are heading.

There is a day where the Wananchi will say no to corrupt and incompetent leaders, but for now people are just used to the situation of power cuts and the game of DOWANS continues and every citizen of this country is busy talking about DOWANS from barmaids to hawkers and we forget if we have power rationing what a GAME....

I think most of our African capitals experience the same problem: maintenance. the quantity of electricity produced is enough to light up the whole city but the facilities, wires, personnel etc are not adequately maintained. this results in the power cuts. Now, where things go wrong is when "they" want to invest in sharing the energy with other countries instead of investing in maintenance for the energy they already produce...
But don't worry, you will get used to it and you will develop alternative solution for your business.:clap2:

Its like your wife is engaging in INFIDELITY you know it and then you say may be she will change that applies to the same situation we have right now

Back
Top Bottom