Common Interview Questions and how to answer them

Duuh! ''The judges knows not how they will be Judged''
akhsante sanaa! Endelea kutushushia mistari hii ya maana pindi tunapobanwa katika usairi ( Usaili) mh! R/L Vipi twazichanganya? Mbona sioni haya mambo mkiandika lugha ya kiingereza? Sijaona mtu hata mmoja akiandika INTLODUCTION badala ya INTRODUCTION.? Ni vipi hatujui lugha yetu..(samahani lakini mwandishi, kisa ni kwamba mie mzawa naumizwa na hali hii, niwie radhi mwenzio nashindwa jizuia@Mwandishi wa 1.

Nashukuru sana kwani ya kwanza imemsaidia ndugu yangu jana

Tell me about yourself.

Simply you need to give a brief of your CV - age, education, work experience

Hata hivyo lazima uwe fluent kwa lugha unayotumia - kama swahili kiwe fasaha, kama english sio broken - confidence here plays a big role - attitude (unavyokaa, ulivyovaa) pia pamoja na kujieleza yabidi umwangalie usoni anayekuuliza sio unauma uma vidole au unaangalia chini - au unatetemeka ......................

Duuh! ''The judges knows not how they will be Judged''
akhsante sanaa! Endelea kutushushia mistari hii ya maana pindi tunapobanwa katika usairi ( Usaili) mh! R/L Vipi twazichanganya? Mbona sioni haya mambo mkiandika lugha ya kiingereza? Sijaona mtu hata mmoja akiandika INTLODUCTION badala ya INTRODUCTION.? Ni vipi hatujui lugha yetu..(samahani lakini mwandishi, kisa ni kwamba mie mzawa naumizwa na hali hii, niwie radhi mwenzio nashindwa jizuia@Mwandishi wa 1.

Usijali ndugu.
Matumizi ya R/L, Si/Thi, Za/Dha, Ntu/Mtu na mengine mengi ktk lugha ya kiswahili, inategemea na eneo ulikozaliwa

Qn 51. Why should we hire you?
Qn 52. How much salary do you expect?
Qn 53. What is your future plan?

Interview questions to ask employer
Interview questions to ask employer

1. What are the top three qualities an employee needs to be successful in this job?

2. What would I do during a typical workday?

3. Who would I work with?

4. What hours do people typically work?

5. How will I be trained or introduced to the job?

6. What is a typical career path from this job?

7. What are some of the goals and challenges your group is likely to face in the next year?

8. How would my job performance be evaluated?

9. What are some of the things that you like about working for this company?

10. What are the next steps?

For the good employer you don't need to ask those questions since you will find such bits of info in the contract which you read before signing it. If everything is bullshit you don't sign a contract and you turn down the offer.

For the good employer you don't need to ask those questions since you will find such bits of info in the contract which you read before signing it. If everything is bullshit you don't sign a contract and you turn down the offer.

Hi,

Thanks very much for this comment. It help me to think about my ideals.

This link below can show more info, you can find them at: Administrative job descriptions

Tks again and pls keep posting.

More stuff for you hdblue:

Myth #1: Be prepared with a list of questions to ask at the close of the interview.

There is some truth in this common piece of advice: You should always be prepared, and that usually includes developing questions related to the job. The myth here is that you must wait until it is "your turn" to speak.

By waiting until the interviewer asks you if you have any questions, "it becomes an interrogation instead of a conversation," says Greene.

Greene recommends that you think of an interview as a sales call. You are the product and you are selling yourself to the employer. "You can't be passive in a sales call or you aren't going to sell your product."

Frankel mimics Greene's comments. "It's a two-way street," she says. "I recommend asking a follow-up question at the tail end of your responses."

For example, Frankel says, if the interviewer says, "Tell me about yourself," you first respond to that question and complete your response with a question like, "Can you tell me more about the position?" The interview should be a dialogue.

Myth #2: Do not show weakness in an interview.

The reality is that it is OK to have flaws. In fact, almost every interviewer will ask you to name one. Typically job seekers are told to either avoid this question by providing a "good flaw." One such "good flaw" which is often recommends is: "I am too committed to my work." But, these kinds of responses will only hurt you.

"Every recruiter can see through that," Greene says of faux flaws.

Recruiters conduct interviews all day, every day. They've seen it all and can see through candidates who dodge questions. "They prefer to hire someone who is honest than someone who is obviously lying," Greene says.

And for those of you who claim to be flaw-free, think again. "Everybody has weaknesses," Frankel states. But one is enough. According to Frankel, supply your interviewer with one genuine flaw, explain how you are working to correct it, and then move on to a new question.

Myth #3: Be sure to point out all of your strengths and skills to the employer.

Of course, you want the interviewer to know why you are a valuable candidate, but a laundry list of your skills isn't going to win you any points. Inevitably, in an interview, you will be asked about your skills. What can go wrong in this scenario?

"You don't want to list a litany of strengths," Frankel says.

"What is typical is that they will say: 'I'm a good communicator,' 'I have excellent interpersonal skills,' 'I am responsible,'" Greene explains. "You have to give accomplishments. I need to know what did you accomplish when using these skills."

Frankel recommends doing a little groundwork before your interview so that you are best equipped to answer this question. She tells her clients to find out what the prospective job role consists of. "What makes an interview powerful is to give an example related to their particular needs or challenges that you have demonstrated in the past."

Provide three strengths, with examples. You will get much further with a handful of real strengths than with an unconvincing list of traits.

Myth #4: Let the employer know your salary expectations.

One of the trickiest questions to answer in an interview relates to salary. Money talk can be uncomfortable, but it doesn't have to be. The fact is you don't even have to answer when asked about desired salary.

According to the book "Acing the Interview: How to Ask and Answer the Questions That Will Get You The Job!" a perfect response would be: "I want to earn a salary that is commensurate with the contributions I can make. I am confident I can make a substantial contribution at your firm. What does your firm plan to pay for this position?"

Greene suggests a similar response: "I prefer to discuss the compensation package after you've decided that I'm the best candidate and we can sit down and negotiate the package."

Myth #5: The employer determines whether or not you get the job.

While yes, the employer must be the one to offer you the position, interviewees have more control than they often realize. According to both Greene and Frankel, candidates have a larger say in the final hiring decision than they think.

"They should call the interviewer or hiring manager and say: 'I'd really like to be part of the company,'" says Greene. "It can't hurt you. It can only help."

"Acing the Interview" encourages all candidates to conclude their interviews with one question: "'Based on our interview, do you have any concerns about my ability to do the job?' -- If the answer is yes, ask the interviewer to be explicit. Deal forthrightly with each concern."

Asante mkuu. kuna swali huwa linakuwa gumu sana kujibu, pale unapuliza wat is your weakness. Any advise??

Gud gud gud duuudyii! thanks.ila jamani me nachoka kuajiriwa sidhani kama baada ya hapa nitaajiriwa tena.
Anyway ni gud points. tunakushukuru asee
ila me naomba niulize swali/maswali:

3. Why do you want to work for us?
hivi ukweli hapa ni kua hua tuntafuta kazi kwa sababu tunataka kutoa mchango
wetu kwa walee tunaowaomba kazi au kutumikia watu kma wengi tunavyojibu swali
hili au nia hua ni kipato kwanza then hayo mengine yanafuata??
na kama jibu i kipato, kwa nini hatuwi honest katika hili! na kuthibitisha kua hua tunataka kwanza kipato,
ndio sababu watu wengi wasiporidhika na malipo huakataa kazi kabisa.

Asante sana...

Ngoja na mimi niandae maswali ya kuuliza waumini kanisani

hivi we unajua maswali magumu wewe? au ndo interview zenu za kufanyiwa na madiwani....sasa kwenye ma interview yaliyoenda adabu hapo hamna swali

Yamekaa vizuri ingawa pia tusisahau mtu anaweza kuwa mzuri kwenye interview lakini utendaji ukawa ni issue ya ziada.