Chips Kuku fried in Transformer Oil!!!

Osaka

JF-Expert Member
Jun 21, 2011
I salute you all!

It’s all about chicken & Chips fried in transformer oil!

It is Tanzania’s favorite snacks with fast service, convenient locations, and value for money! Those with extra notes in their pocket ‘ll line up during the day near office blocks, schools, at night discos & bars, while others will take a short walk to their local area just to buy chips kuku.

You get greasy, soft, fat chips (fried in transformer oil), piece of chicken, tomatoes or chilly sauce and a cabbage salad, packed in small black soft bag. I don’t know why always black plastic bags!

I once went without umeme for 3 days because oil has been stolen from the transformer supposedly for use by ‘wakaanga chips’.

Theft of transformer oil is common in Tanzania costing TANESCO millions of dollars to swap the vandalized transformers!

Stolen transformers oil has 4 main uses:

v It is mixed with diesel and sold as fuel,
v It is mixed with certain chemicals for pamba medication,
v It is used as a lubricant in welding machines,
v It is mixed with vegetable oil and sold as cooking oil.

Oil that is used in transformers, is mineral oil which helps keep the transformer cool and insulates it. Mineral oil is made from petroleum (fuel), it is very stable at high temperatures making it better for frying but it can be toxic to your body and cause diarrhea. The usage of transformer oil has been linked with chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer & heart disease;

Je wewe unapendelea kula chips kuku? Take care.

Not proven anyway for cooking purpose! I once worked with this problem trying to find a solution, I couldn't verify the truth about Transformer oil being used for cooking the so called Chips - Kuku. Ni uzushi tu.

Not proven anyway for cooking purpose! I once worked with this problem trying to find a solution, I couldn't verify the truth about Transformer oil being used for cooking the so called Chips - Kuku. Ni uzushi tu.

Sema ni uzushi.....umesha fanya reseach.....utajalia yakikukuta..

Lisemwalo lipo mkuu!

I salute you all!

It's all about chicken & Chips fried in transformer oil!

It is Tanzania's favorite snacks with fast service, convenient locations, and value for money! Those with extra notes in their pocket ‘ll line up during the day near office blocks, schools, at night discos & bars, while others will take a short walk to their local area just to buy chips kuku.

You get greasy, soft, fat chips (fried in transformer oil), piece of chicken, tomatoes or chilly sauce and a cabbage salad, packed in small black soft bag. I don't know why always black plastic bags!

I once went without umeme for 3 days because oil has been stolen from the transformer supposedly for use by ‘wakaanga chips'.

Theft of transformer oil is common in Tanzania costing TANESCO millions of dollars to swap the vandalized transformers!

Oil that is used in transformers, is mineral oil which helps keep the transformer cool and insulates it. Mineral oil is made from petroleum (fuel), it is very stable at high temperatures making it better for frying but it can be toxic to your body and cause diarrhea. The usage of transformer oil has been linked with chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer & heart disease;

Sasa kama unataka kuwasaidia watanzania hii lugha uliyotumia ujumbe wako utakuwa umewafikia??

I salute you all!

It’s all about chicken & Chips fried in transformer oil!

It is Tanzania’s favorite snacks with fast service, convenient locations, and value for money! Those with extra notes in their pocket ‘ll line up during the day near office blocks, schools, at night discos & bars, while others will take a short walk to their local area just to buy chips kuku.

You get greasy, soft, fat chips (fried in transformer oil), piece of chicken, tomatoes or chilly sauce and a cabbage salad, packed in small black soft bag. I don’t know why always black plastic bags!

I once went without umeme for 3 days because oil has been stolen from the transformer supposedly for use by ‘wakaanga chips’.

Sasa kama unataka kuwasaidia watanzania hii lugha uliyotumia ujumbe wako utakuwa umewafikia??

Siwezi kukataa lkn kuyapata mafuta ya trasformer si rahisi na yatakuwa ghali kwaiyo kama wapo wanaotumia ni asilimia kidogo na si chips tu kuna wakaanga samaki, maandazi. nk.

Back
Top Bottom