CCM refutes claims on party’s rift

nngu007

JF-Expert Member
Aug 2, 2010

Thu, Jul 19th, 2012

Tanzania |

The CCM Ideology and Publicity Secretary, Mr Nape Nnauye, has warned those trying to stir conflict within the party to stop at once or they will be exposed.
Nape-Nnauye1.jpg

CCM Ideology and Publicity Secretary, Mr Nape Nnauye

Addressing a news conference at the CCM-Sub Head Office along Lumumba street in
Dar es Salaam , Mr Nnauye said those spreading propaganda want to cause conflict between him and the party's Secretary General, Mr Wilson Mukama.

Apparently the people spreading propaganda are saying that Mr Nnauye is receiving funds for the ongoing CCM countrywide official tour meant to assess implementation of the party's manifesto by government.

They also noted that, according to Mr Nnauye, the party's campaign titled "A promise is a debt" does not have Mr Mukama's blessings.

"It is not true that I have received money from the party Chairman, and these efforts are only meant to discourage efforts of bringing change within the party," he explained.

He noted that money to be spent on any official duty of the party must be approved by the Secretary General, which is a legal requirement for the party.

He said the party's secretariat works together under the leadership of the Secretary General and any efforts to bring conflicts will not succeed.

"If these people, whether in or outside the party, continue to spread propaganda, I will not hesitate to reveal them in public. We as a party are trying to ensure that promises made by the government are fulfilled and not otherwise," he explained referring to the countrywide official tour.

Today, he noted, the party will have a big rally in Kigoma where several government officials will be present to explain what the government is doing in addressing the people's problems.

Those who will be present include the Minister for Transport Dr Harrison Mwakyembe, the Minister for Works Dr John Magufuli, the Minister for Energy and Mineral Prof Sospeter Muhongo, the Minister for Water Prof Jumanne Maghembe and the Deputy Minister of State in the Prime Ministers office (Regional Administration and Local Governement ) Mr Aggrey Mwanri.

"So many challenges facing the people would be addressed at the rally tomorrow (today) and how far the government is doing in solving those challenges, which include water, electricity, agricultures and education," he explained.

An assessment conducted by the party for the whole country on implementation of the party manifesto, Mr Nnauye noted that a report is underway, but he confirmed that in some regions, the speed is slow.

"I cannot comment extensively on this or give an affirmative answer because a report is being prepared which will also be discussed in the party's general meeting. However I must say that these tours have shown that the speed in some region is good but others is still slow," he explained.

Mr Nnauye noted that the tour "a promise is a debt" has helped realize regions whose speed of implementation is slow, so that efforts can be made to increase the speed on implementation. The party has so far visited Njombe, Kagera, Mbeya, Katavi , Singida and Rukwa.

By ROSE ATHUMANI,
Tanzania Daily News

Yeah, there is a RIFT within CCM; there are some Members who are tired of the running their party - it id lie a CULT

And I believe NEXT MONTH NEC ELECTIONS some who will cut off from NEC Seat's all of them will be looking to JOIN

THE STRONG OPPOSITION PARTIES... One who is in doldrums is the former PM Frederick Sumaye - he might not get

back his NEC SEAT...

whether there is a rift or not, all that matters to me is i see the big ship sink, once and for all!

Back
Top Bottom