Carter: Racism Plays Major Role In Opposition to Obama

Obama Tells Letterman: I Was Black Before the Election

Addressing suggestions that recent criticism of his health care reform efforts has been grounded in racism, President Obama this afternoon quipped, "I think it's important to realize that I was actually black before the election."

The comment, which the president made in an afternoon taping of CBS' "The Late Show," promoted laughter from the audenice and this response from host David Letterman: "How long have you been a black man?"

Mr. Obama said the notion that racism is playing a role in the criticism, which has been voiced by former President Jimmy Carter and others, is countered in part by the fact that he was elected in the first place – which, he said, "tells you a lot about where the country's at."

"One of the things that you sign up for in politics is that folks yell at you," the president said, noting that "whenever a president tries to bring about significant changes, particularly during times of economic unease, there is a certain segment of the population that gets very riled up." He pointed to the experiences of Franklin Delano Roosevelt, John F. Kennedy and Ronald Reagan as examples.

Source: http://www.cbsnews.com/blogs/2009/0...entry5327972.shtml?tag=cbsContent;cbsCarousel

Comrade Obama, I wish you my deep and sincere wishes in implementiing your plans for making America a better place to live, away from Racism.

He is right! He was biracial before the election and the majority white people didn't care and voted for him anyways. So why if anyone who is white opposes him is branded racist? I think it's lame, weak, and kushindwa hoja na ndio wanaanza kukimbilia kulia ubaguzi.

Bill Clinton leo katoa a very eloquent position kuhusu hii issue, kwanza kaelezea mentality nzima ya southern whites anakotoka Carter na kwa nini anamuelewa sana Carter, halafu aka reinforce position ya Obama, kwamba you will always have the fringes operating out of racial motivation.But the overall picture is defined by ideology.

Ideology could just be an euphimism for "class warfare".

Bill Clinton leo katoa a very eloquent position kuhusu hii issue, kwanza kaelezea mentality nzima ya southern whites anakotoka Carter na kwa nini anamuelewa sana Carter, halafu aka reinforce position ya Obama, kwamba you will always have the fringes operating out of racial motivation.But the overall picture is defined by ideology.

Ideology could just be an euphimism for "class warfare".

Yes, I agree. That was the Bill Clinton of old. And actually it was yesterday on Larry King when he said that.

Halafu kumbuka pia mashabiki hao hao wa Obama waliwatuhumu Bill na mkewe kuwa ma racists wakati wa primaries bila kumsahau Joe Biden aliyetuhumiwa na hao hao mashabiki wa Obama kuwa racists aliposema Obama ni fresh and clean kwenye political scene. Kwa hiyo utaona kuna pattern flani ya mashabiki wa Obama kuwa hypersensitive na ku invoke au ku play race card pale Obama anapokosolewa.

But as for the senile Jimmy Carter. He's just an old bitter man who never recovered after getting trounced by the late great Ronald Reagan. No one really cares for him that much. Not even in Georgia where he's from.

Back
Top Bottom