Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Canadian firm finds more rare earth mineral deposits in Kenya

Discussion in 'Kenyan News and Politics' started by erfan, Feb 14, 2012.

1. e

erfan Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Kenya could get a better estimate of the total deposits of rare earth minerals in Kwale County by June this year, a Canadian firm involved in their exploration at the Coast has indicated.
    Pacific Wildcat Resources (PAW) said in a statement to its shareholders on Friday that it had discovered more deposits of Niobium and other rare earth oxides at its Mrima Hills site than earlier reported, and it is doing further tests to establish the quality of the deposits.

“This drilling has the objective of both extending the current inferred niobium resource and to provide a maiden rare earth resource in the third quarter of 2012,” said Darren Townsend, CEO of the company.
    Mr Townsend said further drilling of the mineral had unearthered a bigger resource than had been earlier announced by David Anderson, the chief executive at Cortec Mining, who had estimated the reserve to be worth about Sh250 billion ($3 billion).

SOURCE

2. Bantugbro

Bantugbro JF-Expert Member

Feb 14, 2012
    Good,, but why Canadian firm?:A S-coffee:

3. H

Hute JF-Expert Member

Feb 15, 2012
    the leading gold mine firm in Tanzania, barrick gold mines is Canadian...and is the biggest gold mine company in the world.....did you know that?

4. Edward Teller

Edward Teller JF-Expert Member

Feb 15, 2012
    good news for kenyans,

5. Bantugbro

Bantugbro JF-Expert Member

Feb 15, 2012
    I know that but what have we achieved? (ZERO), i thought neighbors could be much more smatta and do it themselves...:A S-coffee: