Bulyanhulu to start making profit in 2014

Invisible

Robot
Feb 11, 2006
Wachumi hii inamaanisha nini?
Barrick Gold Tanzania will start making profit from its 750 million US dollar investment at the Bulyanhulu Gold Mine in 2014, the company’s General Manager, Mr Greg Walker, disclosed here yesterday. “We are still recovering 750 million US dollars that has been invested here and the profit will start coming in 2014.

We are currently paying all taxes except corporate tax”, he said. The mine which started operation in 2001 has about 3,000 employees. According to Mr Walker, the mine also spends millions of shillings in support of development projects with a focus on education, water and health services in the surrounding communities.

BGML, he said, had earmarked 3.5 million US dollars (about 4bn/-) for development projects in surrounding villages next year. He also said the mine was in the process of introducing banking services at Kakola area for mine workers and surrounding communities. “We are building a structure that would accommodate the bank. We are in touch with Stanbic Bank to come and operate here”, the GM said. He also pointed out that the mine had constructed 600 houses which had been loaned to its workers.

Source:
By MUGINI JACOB in Kahama
Daily News; Monday,October 27, 2008

Kuna kuwa hadaa watanzania hapa.....ikifika 2014 wanasema we run for loss...watafuta sympathy ya nchi...
No way wanapata faida....out of that 3000 employee kuna about 450 to 500 expart...na hakuna anaye pata less than 5000 dollar per month tax free...

Kila expart kumsafirisha from bully to duniani wanako kwenda...just example anakwenda aussie...it more that 2 milion ticket without one night dubai akiwa anafanya connection ya flight.We are talking about parmanet expart bado kuna consultant wa kuja kukaa wiki analipwa 1000 USD kwa siku na ticket,accomodation ni ya company..

Mfanyakazi wa kitanzania hapo anaganga na 800USD Gross baadhi mpaka 2000 usd...hao sasa ndio wenye 10yrs experiance.....

Harafu wanasema hawajapata faida mpaka sasa...sio barrick bwana wakiona there is pontential na wanapata faida hawatoki...kuna migodi walikuwa nayo wameachia uko kwingine duniani kwa kuwa hawapati faida..bully why wasubiri?

Back
Top Bottom