Boxing legend Joe Frazier has liver cancer......pray 4 him too.

Rutashubanyuma

JF-Expert Member
Sep 24, 2010
[h=1] Joe Frazier has liver cancer [/h] By Mirror.co.uk 6/11/2011
Decrease font size Increase font size

joe-frasier-370488470.jpg
Joe Frazier fights Muhammad Ali in New York in 1974

Former heavyweight boxing champion Joe Frazier is receiving hospice care for liver cancer.

Advertisement >>

The 67-year-old was diagnosed four or five weeks ago, according to his manager, Leslie Wolff.
He revealed that doctors have not yet told the US fighter how long he has to live.
"We have medical experts looking into all the options that are out there," Mr Wolff said.
"There are very few. But that doesn't mean we're going to stop looking."
joe-frasier-14006958.jpg

Mr Wolff, who has been Frazier's manager for seven years, said the boxer had been in and out of the hospital since early October and began receiving hospice treatment last week.
"We appreciate every prayer we can get," Mr Wolff added. "I've got everybody praying for him. We'll just keep our fingers crossed and hope for a miracle."
Frazier was the first man to beat Muhammad Ali, knocking him down and taking a decision in the so-called "Fight of the Century" in 1971. He would go on to lose two more fights to Ali, including the epic "Thrilla in Manila".
Frazier was bitter for many years about the way Ali treated him then. More recently, he said he had forgiven Ali for repeatedly taunting him.
Smokin' Joe was a small yet ferocious fighter who smothered his opponents with punches, including a devastating left hook he used to end many of his fights early.
It was the left hook that dropped Ali in the 15th round of their "Fight of the Century" at Madison Square Garden in 1971 to seal a win in a bout where each fighter earned a then-unheard of 2.5 million dollars.

While that fight is celebrated in boxing lore, Ali and Frazier put on an even better show in their third fight, held in a sweltering arena in Manila as part of Ali's world tour of fights in 1975.

Nearly blinded by Ali's punches, Frazier still wanted to go out for the 15th round of the fight but was held back by trainer Eddie Futch in a bout Ali would later say was the closest thing to death he could imagine.

Frazier won the heavyweight title in 1970 by stopping Jimmy Ellis in the fifth round of their fight at Madison Square Garden. He defended it successfully four times before George Foreman knocked him down six times in the first two rounds to take the title from him in 1973.
Frazier would never be heavyweight champion again.
In recent years, Frazier had been carrying out regular autograph appearances, including one in Las Vegas the weekend of a Floyd Mayweather Jr fight in September.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-st...s-liver-cancer-115875-23542144/#ixzz1cvnRRErL

Today I reminisce on your great fights against George Foreman.....though you did not make the cut but you lost honorably.............

Get well soon legend! Nakumbuka sana pambano la Mohamed Ali na Joe Frazier ambalo lilipachikwa jina "Thriller in Manila" wakati Muhammad Ali alipojaribu kuchukua zawadi kabla ya pambano huku akinadi kuwa yeye ndio mshindi.

dah! namuombea ushindi katika mpambano huu na maradhi.

enzi zake (na wengine akina ali, foreman, spinks etc) ndio mchezo
wa masumbwi ulikuwa masumbwi.

Get well soon legend! Nakumbuka sana pambano la Mohamed Ali na Joe Frazier ambalo lilipachikwa jina "Thriller in Manila" wakati Muhammad Ali alipojaribu kuchukua zawadi kabla ya pambano huku akinadi kuwa yeye ndio mshindi.

After the fight Ali said "Frazier quit just before I did. I didn't think I could fight any more." He also claimed that this was the closest to dying he had ever been, and stated, "Joe Frazier, I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya, that's one helluva man, and God bless him." In a brief post-fight interview with one of the commentators, Ali announced, "He is the greatest fighter of all times, next to me."

Joe was a humble man and he led a quiet life after boxing not making a nuisance of himself.....................just like others losers in that golden era of boxing..........................

After the fight Ali said "Frazier quit just before I did. I didn't think I could fight any more." He also claimed that this was the closest to dying he had ever been, and stated, "Joe Frazier, I'll tell the world right now, brings out the best in me. I'm gonna tell ya, that's one helluva man, and God bless him." In a brief post-fight interview with one of the commentators, Ali announced, "He is the greatest fighter of all times, next to me."
PROBABLY the last true heavyweight fight the world was to witness. After this fight both boxers were hospitalised,. The fight was so brutal that the anti fight lobby called for boxing to be outlawed-lets hope Frazier wins this last fight

Back
Top Bottom