Blogging is big business for Issa Michuzzi

M-pesa

JF-Expert Member
Sep 4, 2011
[h=6]Digital writing and online postings have long been a hobby only, but the time has come to start making money from blogging. Don’t believe us? Look at Tanzanian journalist Issa Michuzzi. He started blogging a couple of years ago and his online postings have attracted a host of readers and followers, not to mention generated an income for him.[/h]
[h=6]My blog exploded and maybe it’s because when I started five years ago there were no blogs in Tanzania,” Issa says. “Back home it was an instantsuccess and people were telling everyone, ‘If you want to know something, go to this blog.’”[/h]​
[h=6]Issa’s presence in the community was well established because of his journalistic roots, but once his blog became famous and word got around that he was becoming the Perez Hilton of Tanzania (in terms of being a famous blogger, not in terms of the content on his blog), Issa’s status shot through the roof. Nowadays, he is one of the first names on the guest list for all the major events taking place around Dar es Salaam.[/h] [h=6]This is because Issa has done what a lot of bloggers have failed to do: he uploads content during the event, not an hour later or a few days later – this immediacy gives his followers the information they want as it’s happening. This makes them feel part of the action by giving them a sense of belonging.[/h]
[h=6]I don’t sit in front and watch the normal event. I always go backstage to see what’s there, so I always get the interesting picture,” Issa says.[/h]​
[h=6]This immediate access to information is what blogging and the internet is all about. Tanzania’s number of internet users is rising every day and it’s a business opportunity waiting to be explored. With his blog alone, Issa has managed to attract a stable and loyal following that can see between 40 000 and 100 000 hits on his blog each day. Issa has put his entrepreneurial cap on and seen a business opportunity with his blog – so far, he’s signed five or six corporate sponsors to his site. They pay Issa to have their logos, brands and products appear throughout his blog, and he has not only managed to cover his usual living costs, he has also been able to hirestaff to help him with his daily updates.[/h] [h=6]Issa isn’t stopping there, though – he has big dreams in place for his blog.[/h]
[h=6]My dream is that I can sit back and relax and let the company go by itself. I can take holidays and monitor my blog from my BlackBerry. That’s my dream.”[/h]​
[h=6]Good luck, Issa![/h]source: Blogging is big business for Issa Michuzzi | Africa Report

Kiingereza bado kinampiga chenga mtu mzima! Lakini anaeleweka......si umemsikia anasema huwa hatulii ukumbini, anakuwa ana move beyond back seat.
Hadi leo kingereza bado hakijanyooka tu!

Last edited by a moderator: