Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Blast it or paint it: Deadly asteroid bounds towards Earth out of the blue

Discussion in 'International Forum' started by Saint Ivuga, Mar 4, 2012.

1. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    [h=2]Blast it or paint it: Deadly asteroid bounds towards Earth out of the blue[/h]
    Get short URL
    email story to a friend print version
    Published: [COLOR=#999999 !important]03 March, 2012, 22:32

Edited: [COLOR=#999999 !important]04 March, 2012, 01:52[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

[​IMG]

[COLOR=#999999 !important]A dangerous asteroid heading to the Earth was spotted by stargazers three years after it had got onto its current orbit

[/COLOR]
    TAGS: Space, SciTech, Thrills&Spills
    To avert a new apocalypse – this time set for February 2013 – scientists suggest confronting asteroid 2012 DA14 with either paint, or big guns. The tough part of either scheme is that time has long run out to build a spaceship for any operation.
    NASA confirms the 60-meter (197-feet) asteroid, spotted by Spanish stargazers in February, has a good chance of colliding with Earth in eleven months.

The rock's closest approach to the planet is scheduled for February 15, 2013, when the distance between the planet and space wanderer will be under 27,000 km (16,700 miles). This is lower than the geosynchronous orbit kept by the Google Maps satellite.

[h=3]Fireworks and watercolors[/h]With the asteroid zooming that low, it will be too late to do anything with it besides trying to predict its final destination and the consequences of impact.

A spaceship is needed, experts agree. It could shoot the rock down or just crash into it, either breaking the asteroid into debris or throwing it off course.

“We could paint it,” says NASA expert David Dunham.

Paint would affect the asteroid’s ability to reflect sunlight, changing its temperature and altering its spin. The asteroid would stalk off its current course, but this could also make the boulder even more dangerous when it comes back in 2056, Aleksandr Devaytkin, the head of the observatory in Russia’s Pulkovo, told Izvestia.

[h=3]Spaceship impossible?[/h]Whatever the mission, building a spaceship to deal with 2012 DA14 will take two years – at least.

The asteroid has proven a bitter discovery. It has been circling in orbit for three years already, crossing Earth’s path several times, says space analyst Sergey Naroenkov from the Russian Academy of Sciences. It seems that spotting danger from outer space is still the area where mere chance reigns, while asteroid defense systems exist only in drafts.

Still, prospects of meeting 2012 DA14 are not all doom and gloom.

“The asteroid may split into pieces entering the atmosphere. In this case, most part of it will never reach the planet’s surface,” remarks Dunham.

But if the entire asteroid is to crash into the planet, the impact will be as hard as in the Tunguska blast, which in 1908 knocked down trees over a total area of 2,150 sq km (830 sq miles) in Siberia. This is almost the size of Luxembourg. In today’s case, the destination of the asteroid is yet to be determined.

2. jmushi1

jmushi1 JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Isije coincidentally ikatua Luxembourg.lol

3. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    ikitua itakimeza ki nchi cha watu ..bora itue baharini huko

4. Globu

Globu JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    Kiama kinakuja. Tukae tayari.

5. TIMING

TIMING JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    easy conclusion for those who dont want to learn some more:poa

6. paty

paty JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    21-12-2012 inasemekana itatokea trend itakayo change maisha ya binadamu tiotally
    2012 Prophecy - End of the world in 2012 ! Is this true ????? - Next Big Thing
    Written on JULY 28, 2011 AT 2:22 AM by LARRYDKEEN
    [h=1]End of the world in 2012 ! Is this true ?????[/h]Filed under 2012 PROPHECY{NO COMMENTS}

[​IMG]Astodomes or how ever u spell his name said in 2012 world will end and Mia's calender end then. Astrodomes said in America there will be a young caneded will be running for the president " Obama is the guy " also he said this president will change American history for ever and this will be the first time in the United States history " Obama is black and his going to be the first black man in presidents seat " in the beggining everything will be great, ppl will like him, United States will be better. but then on December 31, 2012 atomic bomb will go off somewhere in the world and then another country will launch one and then another will. after words world will end. Her is another interesting fact. 2012 will be Obamas last year in White house. How crazy does this sound ? I believe something will happen and Obama will most likely will win the race. Republicans are starting to vote for him to so the chances of him winning is pretty good.Nostradamus.People like to interpret his writings to mean all sorts of things and his writings do make for fun reading, but that's all it's good for.The only future we need to worry about, is the one we're creating right now, not some fictitious future born in the mind of a man with a good imagination.The date for the end of the world has come and gone a bunch of times and here we are.The 21st of December 2012?
    Oh Noes!Magic 8 ball says "Ask again later"No, it's not true. if you take a peek at human history, you'll notice that almost every nation had their own predictions of apocalypse at different time periods. some periods had passed and nothing happened. in my own opinion, I think it's just put out there to scare people and keep them under control and in fear. As far as Mia's, they're masters in keeping people under control and fear.
    .Ok, Obama could very possibly win. I would rather address the December 21, 2012 being the end the world, It`s the beginning of a new spiritual awakening like never before.
    Here is something you can read to help you understand :
    http://www.pufoin.com/pufoin_perspective… 12/21/12 is the correct dateThe Mayan calenderI believe no one knows when the world will end. Nostradamus was wrong about a lot of things. however, I also believe I'll be in Heaven either way.A meteor the size of Wyoming is on a direct collision course with Earth, and we only have one hope: Wyoming, as ironic as it may seem. an equal mass can only stop the asteroid, so we have to somehow launch the entire state of Wyoming into space to intercept the asteroid and deflect it off course. this will spell certain doom for the people of Wyoming, but they must sacrifice their lives so that the rest of us can live. I would move to Wyoming myself, but I think I can best serve the planet where I am, helping to mine the uranium fuel that will be needed to launch Wyoming into space. every pound helps.

well not just that but my friend today scared me to the end when she told me that there is this mankind satelite orbiting down around miami by the end of feb. meaning next month!!! I mean i am so young and im going to die?but you know god does not tell no one when he is coming so obviously we are all wrong that guy must be wrong too i mean its why in the bible it goes against those who guess the future why?because that is all from the devil so listen read the bible dont listen to a predictor because those predictions are from satan pray to god to forgive you for once because you never know if today may be our last day…may god bless you and i hope everyone understand the bible cleary states that it hates predictions…To answer your question;Yes, its true. Al Gore predicted it years ago. unless we give him all our money buying carbon credits, and giving up our greedy oil consuming ways.skim boar
    I think judging by the answers you've got so far
    maybe it would have been better to not ask this question.
    my answer is only time will tell for sure.
    Of course this is not true, people make up things that say the world is going to end every day.I think you worry too much!!p.s. the guy's name is Nostradamus and he wasn't always correct!!I bet anything and everything that it will not happen.Look for an axis shift.WOW ! what else did he say ? is he a God ? Common mate you cant build your believes on something that is not proved and has no source ! God created this world and GOD is the only one who knows when this world will end ! And i think if God wanted to share the date of the end with us we wont be responding your question now! if you don't believe, see you at 2012..iddkkk. Artemmm! lol =]-maria-No one, absolutely no one, knows the answer to this.It's fun to speculate, but really, it's a coin toss.End of the world in 2012 ! Is this true ?????

7. doctorz

doctorz JF-Expert Member

Mar 4, 2012
    After all who does not know that whatever that has a beginning will have an end. The earth is bound to end some day......and soon. As for the date .......!!!!!!! No one can predict. But the end will surely come.

Its just a matter of knowing how you have prepared your self for the next dimensional life. If you were true and good you are sure to transfer to the next life with a bang but if you were bad and reckless...... your after life will be a hell.

There is still time. Be prepared. The AAD, THE THAMUD, THE PEOPLE OF LUT and THE PEOPLE ON NUH could not prepare themselves and were doomed. Dont let the end find you unprepared.......!!!!!!!!!!! But the end is near for sure.