Black Harvard professor arrested in his own house

PlanckScale

JF-Expert Member
Sep 28, 2008
A man returns home only to find police accusing him of breaking into "his own home". Isn't that some shit? Moreover, the guy is a prominent scholar.

Police are accused of Racial Profiling....This puts Obama in a difficult position, as an African American President in the US survey. I feel sorry for him [Obama]. This shit may get out of hand, politically...

If you haven't seen the story, here it is:

Did Obama Go Too Far With Race Remark? - ABC News

I remember watching a movie by Samuel L Jackson where the same thing happened. He was acting as an University professor who got arrested in his own home for breaking and entering. Now it has happened again? America, land of the free!

I remember watching a movie by Samuel L Jackson where the same thing happened. He was acting as an University professor who got arrested in his own home for breaking and entering. Now it has happened again? America, land of the free!

How surreal! I bet you the movie is going to get more air time now.
Btw, what's the name of the movie?

How surreal! I bet you the movie is going to get more air time now.
Btw, what's the name of the movie?
It is a 1993 comedy Amos & Andrew, with Samuel L. Jackson and Nicolas Cage. Jackson, as Andrew Sterling, a rich and prominent writer, was surrounded by police at his new vacation home in New England out of misunderstanding and a serious lack of knowledge from his white neighbors.

When Andrew Sterling, a successful black urbanite writer buys a vacation home on a resort in New England the police mistake him for a burglar. After surrounding his home with armed men, Chief Tolliver realizes his mistake and to avoid the bad publicity offers a thief in his jail, Amos Odell a deal. Amos is to pretend to take Andrew prisoner and hold him for ransom but let him go and escape. Amos and Andrew suddenly realize that the Chief's problems are all gone if the two of them both die in a gun battle. The worst partnership in film history then tries to get away from the local police

Comment aliyotoa Obama kwenye hii issue naiona imezua kasheshe kubwa hapa. Republican wamepata upenyo wan kui-divert message ya health care ambayo Obama anapambana nayo.

Yeah, I remember saw a commercial of the movie when it came out (I was in NYC then). But never saw it. Interesting...

Comment aliyotoa Obama kwenye hii issue naiona imezua kasheshe kubwa hapa. Republican wamepata upenyo wan kui-divert message ya health care ambayo Obama anapambana nayo.

I knew shit will hit the fan! Well, that is the American way...

Sielewi uhusiano wa alichosema Obama na health care na Republicans....please expound

Sielewi uhusiano wa alichosema Obama na health care na Republicans....please expound

I will assume (since I am not in US) that the republicans may use this issue (what Obama said on police profiling) to divert the attention from the more critical issue - the helthCare bill, which they [Republicans] are opposing. Sort like shifting the attention of the American public from a more critical issue - helthcare.

I will assume (since I am not in US) that the republicans may use this issue (what Obama said on police profiling) to divert the attention from the more critical issue - the helthCare bill, which they [Republicans] are opposing. Sort like shifting the attention of the American public from a more critical issue - helthcare.

Democrats have all the numbers in the senate as well as the House so Republican opposition is menaingless. Democraps can pass the Bill without Republican votes in both chambers. So why blame the Republicans?

For any bill to pass, 2/3 majority is required in both houses (if I am not mistaken - others can correct me). Also, there are bound to be some conservative Democrats who may oppose the bill (not necessary opposing the president, just this issue). All in all, the president will have to convince the public and his party to support the bill. So this police issue is a distraction on that effort...

Back
Top Bottom