Binti awapasha Kikwete na CCM: Mmeua Elimu!

niweze

JF-Expert Member
Oct 21, 2009

Girl: Why I had to ditch physics at secondary school

Eighteen-year-old Lilian Igusa was preparing to sit for her O’ Level Certificate in Secondary Education examinations (CSEE) at Kasengerema Secondary School when I arrived in Kigoma.Like most students at the school, she was regretting that she was walking out of school without fulfilling her dream of studying science subjects and eventually becoming a pilot.

She blames this on her physics teacher at Form 3, whom she claimed discouraged her from pursuing her dream. She says the teacher used to beat her each time she failed to answer a question in class, or for not attending weekend tests. She claimed the teacher demanded all Form 3 students at the school to pay Sh5, 000 each every Saturday for the test. “I come from a poor family; my father could not afford to pay Sh5, 000 every Saturday for the exam. Subsequently, I dropped from the physics class,” laments Lilian.

She tried to rally her fellow students to protest against the teacher’s behaviour to no avail. Finally, at the end of her Form 3 term, she decided to quit the science stream and moved to arts.“That was the only way I could protest against the situation,” she says.

Lilian says there aren’t enough teachers for science subjects at her school and she doesn’t see deliberate efforts from both the school administration and other stakeholders to solve the problem.The headmaster, Mr Hamis Nkilinye, says the school has produced Form 4 students twice in 2008 and 2009. It has a total number of 1254 students, but doesn’t have a single laboratory. Most of the students walk 10 kilometres to and from school every day.

According to Mr Nkilinye, the problem with the school is not about teachers forcing students to pay for the weekly tests, but the overall biting shortage of teachers. The school had 19 teachers last year, but two of them were transferred to other schools, and ten left for further studies.

“The school remains with seven teachers now; four of them are Kiswahili teachers. So far we don’t have any science teachers. We depend on part-time teachers for business and science subjects,” says Nkilinye.

Once the school administration passed a decision to employ Form 6 leavers who were waiting to join higher learning institutions as temporary teachers, but according to the headmaster, they don’t have enough money to pay each a monthly salary of Sh90, 000. The school was even planning to stop those already hired from teaching.

The ministry of Education wrote to the school, instructing that each pupil pay Sh10, 000 to help run the school, but only five per cent of the students are able to comply. “There is a lot of political interference in the running of the school. Ward leaders sometimes direct us not to kick out students who don’t pay school fees and the students think that they have been exempted from paying,” says the headmaster.

Juchu Masanja, a Form 3 student and school head prefect, says an international NGO called READ donated books to the school, but most of them are useless since they are about farming only. He says Form 3 students are supposed to have learnt 14 physics topics, but instead have been taught only one topic so far. Most of them even don’t know how a test tube looks like.

Masanja is concerned by the rate at which girls are dropping science subjects, saying: “Most of the girls are running away from science subjects. For example out of 25 students in our science class, only five are girls”
In the last Form 4 zonal examinations, the school scored only three C grades and five D grades, the rest being F. According to Masanja, the problem is lack of competent teachers, as the few available cannot teach in detail but mostly fumble.

“I want to pursue PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) but we don’t have teachers. I have decided to join a tuition class, and I work in my parents’ farm to raise the money for that,” says Masanja. For his part, the school headmaster adds: “Frequent changes of the curriculum are also affecting us because we don’t have money to buy new books.”
Girl: Why I had to ditch physics at secondary school

Analysis:
Je kwanini kikwete na ccm wanapenda ku-highlight idadi za shule za ccm na mafisadi (zisizo na tools za kufundishia) kama achievements za elimu?

Elimu ina maana gani kwa kikwete na ccm?

Je policies ipi ya ccm imesadia sector ya elimu?

The facts zinaonyesha kwamba ccm wanapenda elimu inayoleta na kulea ignorance ili wananchi wasifundishwe Haki zao na Malengo ya Serikali ni nini... Matokeo tunayaona nchini!

Wananchi fikisheni ujumbe Igunga kabla ya Tarehe 2-10-2011 ili wananchi wapate records za ccm!

Kwa kweli inapotupeleka serikali ya kikwete ni kwenye shimo refu lenye kiza angalia hela hiyo imerudishwa na kampuni ya rada wamesema inapelekwa kwenye elimu yote itaishia mifukoni mwa mafisadi na kubaki kuhamasisha wanaofaulu sayansi watapata mkopo asilimia100 je kwa shule kama hiyo ya lilian unategemea watu watafaulu masomo ya sayansi au ndo kudanganyana?

Hao wa Igunga hawatakusikia wanakula pilau kila siku hawataki uchaguzi uishe na siku mbili hizi wanagawiwa mahindi na sukari jimbo zima bila kusahau kanga/t-shirts/kofia na ile standard fee ya 10,000/-.

This is a chronic systemic problem. Our leaders are preaching about quantity (but not quality) and their followers are applauding them. The end result is to have an army of ignorant citizens who're told (by politicians) that they are not illiterate since they went through secondary school system. It is pathetic!

Kansas hiyo. Tunahitaji operesheni na radiesheni ndipo ama tipate nafuu au tupone. Giving vidonge vya aspirini havitufikishi kwingineko ila kaburini.

Kama alivyopata kusema baba wa taifa; haya ni matokeo ya mtu amelala usiku na mke wake anamwambia kafanye hivi na vile kesho. Bila kutafakari kwa kina mtu anakurupuka kutangaza uanzishwaji na ujenzi wa shule za kata huku akifahamu kwamba hakuna waalimu na vifaa stahiki.

Sasa wao wanasomesha watoto wao nje huku wakikesha kusifia shule za kata. Vipaji vya watoto wa kitanzania vinapotea kwasababu ya uzembe wa serikali.

Wakati kuna watu wanalipa milioni 50 kwa mwaka kwa watoto wao kuna watu hawana uwezo wa kulipa 10,000 kwa mwaka; na hao ndio wengi mno.

Serikali inahitaji kuchukua hatua zaidi. Na sisi wananchi wenye uwezo hebu tukumbuke wenzetu. Naamini wenye uwezo wa kulipia walau 15 kwa mwaka wapo wengi.

Elimu kwenye shule za serikali inauwawa kwa makusudi kabisa ili miradi yao ya shule binafsi ifanikiwe. Jiulize kwa nini hakuna regulatory body ya elimu kama ilivyo EWURA kwenye nishati na maji au TCRA kwenye mawasiliano. Elimu sasa imegeuzwa kuwa biashara kubwa ya watendaji wakuu serikalini na wanasiasa.

Elimu kwenye shule za serikali inauwawa kwa makusudi kabisa ili miradi yao ya shule binafsi ifanikiwe. Jiulize kwa nini hakuna regulatory body ya elimu kama ilivyo EWURA kwenye nishati na maji au TCRA kwenye mawasiliano. Elimu sasa imegeuzwa kuwa biashara kubwa ya watendaji wakuu serikalini na wanasiasa.

Well said mkuu huu ndio ukweli wenyewe.

Shule za binafsi zinachipuka kila uchao huku zikitoza ada kubwa kubwa. Ukifuatilia utakuta hao vigogo wa serikali ndio wanaozimiliki na wanaosomesha kwenye shule hizo ni kakundi kwa watu wachache kanakotumia kodi za wananchi wengi wanyonge kwa manufaa yao binafsi.

Kiwete na ccm ni walaghai wakubwa.......................viongozi legheleghe

Back
Top Bottom