Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Beyonce Hits Grammys For Six With Record Haul

Discussion in 'Celebrities Forum' started by Ng'wanza Madaso, Feb 2, 2010.

1. Ng'wanza Madaso

Ng'wanza Madaso JF-Expert Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Beyonce Hits Grammys For Six With Record Haul

10:42am UK, Monday February 01, 2010
    Huw Borland, Sky News Online
    R'n'B diva Beyonce has dominated the Grammys by taking six awards - the most won by a female artist in one year at the music industry extravaganza.

The star won the prestigious song of the year award for her hit Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It), which also earned her the best female R&B vocal award.

The former Destiny's Child singer also snagged Grammys for best R&B song for Single Ladies and best contemporary R&B album for her chart-topping I Am... Sasha Fierce, as well as best traditional R&B vocal performance for At Last.

"Wow, thank you so much. This has been such an amazing night for me," Beyonce said, after collecting the best female pop vocal performance, her sixth award at the Staples Centre in Los Angeles.

[​IMG] Swift at the Grammys

But Beyonce - who dazzled the audience with an electrifying performance too - was forced to share the honours.

Country-pop singer Taylor Swift scored a stunning victory in album of the year for Fearless, becoming the youngest artist to win the category.

The 20-year-old broke a record held since 1996 by Alanis Morisette, who was 21 when she won for Jagged Little Pill.

"I just hope that you know how much this means to me ... that we get to take this back to Nashville," she said, with a nod to her country music roots.

Swift's Fearless won the best country album award and she also claimed best female country vocal performance and best country song for her single White Horse.

Meanwhile, the Kings of Leon looked as surprised as anyone else when they were named winners of record of the year for Use Somebody.

[​IMG] Lady Gaga at the awards

Oddball New York singer Lady Gaga picked up two Grammys, with her smash hit single Poker Face taking best dance recording of the year and

The Fame winning best dance album.

The 23-year-old, famous for her outlandish outfits, had brought the curtain up on the show in a wacky duet with Sir Elton John.

The pair performed a medley of Speechless and Your Song.

The Black Eyed Peas also enjoyed success, picking up three Grammys for best short form music video, best pop performance by a duo or group and best pop vocal album.

Michael Jackson's two eldest children, Prince Michael and Paris, appeared to accept a lifetime achievement award on behalf of their late father.

Source: Sky news