Bank accounts to be compulsory for all Kenyans over 18 years!

You know the Kenyan constitution better than everyone is what you are implying! Tell us what has been violated!?

I will give you a break seeing that you have no idea what you are talking about. Read Chapter 8, 12 part 3, 16 then it will sink in! Some of us actually know what we are talking about!

I will give you a break seeing that you have no idea what you are talking about. Read Chapter 8, 12 part 3, 16 then it will sink in! Some of us actually know what we are talking about!

Is Matsui, Nairoberry and Mwembetayari one and the same person? Mbona kama majibu yaleyale, hapo juu pia umejijibu wewe mwenyewe Mwembetayari.
Anyway, topics unazoleta hapa kwa kweli ni nzuri lakini you tend to back your corner bila hata kuangali watu wanatoa michango ipi katika topic husika. Kumbuka hili sio gazeti, unasoma tu, bali ni sehemu ya kufahamishana mambo na kuyaongelea kwa pande zote. Wewe kila jibu mtu akitoa unakuwa mkali, majibu, stats zote unaweka, Nasema uwe mkarimu kwani wewe ndio unaanzisha hizi threads, kwa hiyo kubali kuwa watu wengine watakuwa na maoni tofauti kuliko wewe na katika kujadili mambo sioni kama lazima watu wawe wasomi in that specific area ndio atoe majibu, sasa kuuliza kama mtu amesoma sioni maana yake kwa kweli, again, its your thread, maybe you free to take a stand, lakini sioni kama uki'post kitu hapa, pasiwe na jibu hata moja kutoka kwa wadau utakuwa umefanikisha nia yako, ugomvi, kujibizana nk.

It is sad that people who are knowledegable are defending this unconsitutional and absurd decision. Anyway, it seems that government of Kenya thrive under dictatorship. Have you guys thought about the precedence this preposterous decision will make? I can see a slippery slope fallacy in the making. So today Kenyans regardless of their financial positions are being told by their govt they must open a bank account, and many goof-balls in here are cheering. Many people are struggling to make their ends meet and you are telling them to open an account? These people lack basic necessities and your elite, aloof and out of touch politicians are mandating them to have a bank account. What next, will Kenya's government mandating them to buy .....satelite dishes?

I completely agree with you. It would have one thing to for the government to say that anyone receiving any government help such as HELB and others must have a bank account for the government to deposit. I would make sense, it encourages accountability, traceability and also streamlines the process.

But the government mandating that every one should have a bank account is absurd. The government should never be in a position to dictate how one should handle their finances. Government should be restricted to the MINIMUM possible encroachment into our daily lives as to enable a society to thrive, ensure equality among citizens, and protect their human rights.

Beyond that, we would have to all go back to the drawing table and consider the consequences of any such encroachment.

Naona Kenya ubepari wao unakuja kwa kasi kuliko hata wa kimagharibi je watawafungilia akaunti wasionacho? Kama watafanya hivyo kwanini wasianze kuwalipa kila mwezi ili waweze kumudu kwanza chakula na hii ikisikiwa na watu wetu/VIONGOZI wenye hisa katika mabenki nasi itaanzishwa maana kila kuchao wanabuni jinsi gani ya kumwibia mnyonge kwani hana mtu wa kumsemea "TUSUBIRI NASI HATUKO MBALI KWENDA HUKO ANGALIA YA KATIBA MPYA"

Is Matsui, Nairoberry and Mwembetayari one and the same person? Mbona kama majibu yaleyale, hapo juu pia umejijibu wewe mwenyewe Mwembetayari.
Anyway, topics unazoleta hapa kwa kweli ni nzuri lakini you tend to back your corner bila hata kuangali watu wanatoa michango ipi katika topic husika. Kumbuka hili sio gazeti, unasoma tu, bali ni sehemu ya kufahamishana mambo na kuyaongelea kwa pande zote. Wewe kila jibu mtu akitoa unakuwa mkali, majibu, stats zote unaweka, Nasema uwe mkarimu kwani wewe ndio unaanzisha hizi threads, kwa hiyo kubali kuwa watu wengine watakuwa na maoni tofauti kuliko wewe na katika kujadili mambo sioni kama lazima watu wawe wasomi in that specific area ndio atoe majibu, sasa kuuliza kama mtu amesoma sioni maana yake kwa kweli, again, its your thread, maybe you free to take a stand, lakini sioni kama uki'post kitu hapa, pasiwe na jibu hata moja kutoka kwa wadau utakuwa umefanikisha nia yako, ugomvi, kujibizana nk.

Did you mean Matsuo? wish you could be able to read digital signatures and you would be amazed to learn that the three could be in very different ends on the globe….anyway I feel your pain it’s not interesting to be lectured on the bitter truth by multiple individuals

Also coming up will be a law compelling every Kenyan above 18 years to open an income tax file with the Kenya Revenue Authority, to help seal loopholes in tax collection. The two will be mandatory irrespective of whether one is earning an income or not.

..I commend the idea of every mwananchi to open an income tax file.

..I recall when I was in primary school our history teacher told us tax collection was one form of colonization. Looking back I think that was a wrong notion, or rather it was something that had to be worded or explained in a different way.

..Tanzania has a long way to go in encouraging our ppl to pay taxes. The wananchi also have an obligation to demand that their goverment excercise prudence in its spending.

I completely agree with you. It would have one thing to for the government to say that anyone receiving any government help such as HELB and others must have a bank account for the government to deposit. I would make sense, it encourages accountability, traceability and also streamlines the process.

But the government mandating that every one should have a bank account is absurd. The government should never be in a position to dictate how one should handle their finances. Government should be restricted to the MINIMUM possible encroachment into our daily lives as to enable a society to thrive, ensure equality among citizens, and protect their human rights.

Beyond that, we would have to all go back to the drawing table and consider the consequences of any such encroachment.

That is exactly the point I was trying to make. Thanks a lot for your input.

Everyone of those individuals you represent oppose the idea, taking a stance is not synonymous with disrespecting the opposing point of view. You have to learn an educated mind can entertain an idea without agreeing with it. I hope this is not all lost in translation.

What human rights have been abused? Please point out the clauses in the constitution that support your postulations. It should cut and paste!

Naona Kenya ubepari wao unakuja kwa kasi kuliko hata wa kimagharibi je watawafungilia akaunti wasionacho? Kama watafanya hivyo kwanini wasianze kuwalipa kila mwezi ili waweze kumudu kwanza chakula na hii ikisikiwa na watu wetu/VIONGOZI wenye hisa katika mabenki nasi itaanzishwa maana kila kuchao wanabuni jinsi gani ya kumwibia mnyonge kwani hana mtu wa kumsemea "TUSUBIRI NASI HATUKO MBALI KWENDA HUKO ANGALIA YA KATIBA MPYA"

And these are the voices of reason that you are uniformly touting? You need to read the conversation that preceded you involvement in this thread. I am not sure why but it is evident we are not communicating here, Is all we are saying lost in translation or how else is this concept of inclusion to be explained? A bank account is not a product per se but a means or medium for commerce.

Please translate this is Kiswahili.

Did you mean Matsuo? wish you could be able to read digital signatures and you would be amazed to learn that the three could be in very different ends on the globe….anyway I feel your pain it's not interesting to be lectured on the bitter truth by multiple individuals

Touché My friend! :smile-big:

..I commend the idea of every mwananchi to open an income tax file.

..I recall when I was in primary school our history teacher told us tax collection was one form of colonization. Looking back I think that was a wrong notion, or rather it was something that had to be worded or explained in a different way.

..Tanzania has a long way to go in encouraging our ppl to pay taxes. The wananchi also have an obligation to demand that their goverment excercise prudence in its spending.

Yes! Paying taxes and the ability of a government to collect taxes is vital!

Here is a report on Taxes as a share of total revenue collected in East Africa over time. This policy of inclusion that the Kenyan government is suggesting is bound to make things more efficient.
6898997420_25033e47bd_z.jpg

it will soon be compulsory for all kenyans above 18 years to operate a bank account, once plans by the government to introduce laws in the coming budget take effect.

finance minister njeru githae said the kenyan economy has matured, which calls for every kenyan to have a bank account in line with efforts to increase financial inclusion in the country, as per vision 2030.

changing law

“we are changing the law to make it compulsory for every kenyan to have a bank account as part of our rapid transformation initiative into a middle income economy,” said mr githae.

also coming up will be a law compelling every kenyan above 18 years to open an income tax file with the kenya revenue authority, to help seal loopholes in tax collection. The two will be mandatory irrespective of whether one is earning an income or not.

he added that all financial intermediaries will be compelled to issue secure but affordable debit cards, as part of future reforms in the financial sector.

http://www.nation.co.ke/business/new...z/-/index.html

nice move by kenyans!

And these are the voices of reason that you are uniformly touting? You need to read the conversation that preceded you involvement in this thread. I am not sure why but it is evident we are not communicating here, Is all we are saying lost in translation or how else is this concept of inclusion to be explained? A bank account is not a product per se but a means or medium for commerce.

Mr English, I am not going to criticize your grammar because I know English is our second language. However, I have failed to understand your point. Who told you that a bank account is not a product? By the way, how do you define a product?

What human rights have been abused? Please point out the clauses in the constitution that support your postulations. It should cut and paste!

Please, before responding, take time to not only read a post but also understand it. At no point did I say, or even insinuate that any human rights have been abused.

It would not make sense for me to say that human rights have been abused by a recommendation, the most I would have said, if I were of the opinion, is that certain human rights stand to be abused if this is implemented.

That asside, if you are reffering to this section of my post

then note, it speaks to the limits, in my opinion, that all governments should be held to. Do not confuse it with the possible outcomes of the proposal we are currently debating. A discussion on the consequences of the said proposal is currently not on the table, at least not mine, and whether or not the possible outcomes of said proposal violate any part of the constitution of Kenya, not just the human rights, is yet to be addressed.

So nakuomba punguza pupa, na kama unataka mjadala wa kulenga baadhi ya matokeo na mabaya au mazuri yake, basi nadhani kila mtu hapa yupo tayari, na ana maoni yake. Lakini usiwe waku nukuu vibaya hata mabo yaliyo andikwa wazi kwa kila anaye macho kuona.

Mr English, I am not going to criticize your grammar because I know English is our second language. However, I have failed to understand your point. Who told you that a bank account is not a product? By the way, how do you define a product?

Did I say a bank account is not a product? Below is what I stated.

per se is the operative word my dear friend.

per se |pər ˈsā|

adverb

by or in itself or themselves; intrinsically

Savvy?

Please, before responding, take time to not only read a post but also understand it. At no point did I say, or even insinuate that any human rights have been abused.

It would not make sense for me to say that human rights have been abused by a recommendation, the most I would have said, if I were of the opinion, is that certain human rights stand to be abused if this is implemented.

That asside, if you are reffering to this section of my post

then note, it speaks to the limits, in my opinion, that all governments should be held to. Do not confuse it with the possible outcomes of the proposal we are currently debating. A discussion on the consequences of the said proposal is currently not on the table, at least not mine, and whether or not the possible outcomes of said proposal violate any part of the constitution of Kenya, not just the human rights, is yet to be addressed.

So nakuomba punguza pupa, na kama unataka mjadala wa kulenga baadhi ya matokeo na mabaya au mazuri yake, basi nadhani kila mtu hapa yupo tayari, na ana maoni yake. Lakini usiwe waku nukuu vibaya hata mabo yaliyo andikwa wazi kwa kila anaye macho kuona.

I will ignore the flowery points and cut to the chase. You clearly implied it in your statement. But herein lies the difference, your view of government's role is not the standard followed by the entire world. It is a staple of American talk radio but just like back everyone has one.

Sijui nijibu au niangalie mechi kwenye kingamuzi, Huyu bwana sijui nia yake kuweka thread hap JF ni nini kwa kweli, mtu unaokota topic sijui wapi, unapachika hapa JF, lakini ole wako mtu uweke maoni hapa, utakosolewa lugha, sijui hujasoma, sijui nini, kwa kweli naona Mwembetayari hajafahamu nini nia ya ukumbi kama huu. Ndio kuna wengine watatoa maoni ya utumbo, hayo hata usiyape muda kujibu, lakini maoni yanayotoloewa kuelimisha jamii kuhusu hilo swala zima, basi wape watu nafasi ya kutoa maoni yao hata kama yapo upande wa pili. Topics nyingi unazoleta hapa kweli ni nzuri kuelimisha watu lakini sijui kama nipo peke yangu huwa naona vigumu sana kuzifuatilia kwani najua ni ubishi kwenda mbele... Ndugu yangu naona wewe msomi fulani, punguza pupa katika majibu, majibu ya kuendeleza mada ni mema na yataonyesha uelewa wako kuliko pupa za majibu ya kukosoa nani kakosea lugha wapi na wapi...!

Ishu ya nani yupo juu nakumbuka tukibishana darasa la tatu, nani $1 nani £10 haikusaidii ndugu yangu kama haumo kwenye hayo mahesabu...

Did I say a bank account is not a product? Below is what I stated.

per se is the operative word my dear friend.

per se |pər ˈsā|

adverb

by or in itself or themselves; intrinsically

Savvy?

bright chap!!!

I will ignore the flowery points and cut to the chase. You clearly implied it in your statement. But herein lies the difference, your view of government's role is not the standard followed by the entire world. It is a staple of American talk radio but just like back everyone has one.

Like I said, restrain yourself from telling me what I meant, I meant what I wrote and I wrote what I meant, If you feel that urge encroaching on your senses, please ask for a clarification. The debate would be so much smoother with less interruptions such as this.

Now about the opinion part, It is true every one has it, including you my friend. It is the cornerstone of democracy, in that we recognize we shall not all agree on any one thing at any one time, it is human after all. So to address that fact we compromise on a set threshold.

Anyways enough with the interruptions, let us get back to the topic at hand.

Back
Top Bottom