Bank accounts to be compulsory for all Kenyans over 18 years!

I think hapa ni watoto wa mjini zaidi, sehemu kama Turkana ni watoto wangapi wanapata hela kununua lunch? However, I must say in theory, the idea is great, but people need to study it a bit futher. Ni bank gani zinashiriki kwenye hili zoezi? Kama ni zote sawa lakini kama ni Equity basi upo uwezekano mnauziwa mbuzi kwenye gunia!

It is spectacularly short sighted to single out the exception as the weight of your skepticism. Even the children of Turkana are part of the money economy and are bound to become one of the richest in the country thanks to the recent discovery of gold and oil. My point being, In Kenya we do not wait for one to reach 18 years of age to start handling money.[/QUOTE]

Tatizo lako wewe Mwembetayari ni kuamini kuwa wewe unajuwa kila kitu. Infact mtu akisoma most yours posts about Kenya then akaenda Kenya (physically) anaweza kufikiri amepotea njia. You give this picture of a 'developed nation' based on simple statistics. Maybe you should consider the faces behind those statistics!

Ultimately this system makes more sense in Kenya where only 19.72% of the population lives on less than $1.25 per day but may be problematic in Tanzania where 82.4% live on less than $1.25 per day.

Gosh! on the red: IT IS NOT 82.4% it is 36%.
Nakumbuka ulisema haujui mambo mengi sana kuhusu Tanzania, so before you continue with your mudslinging campaign you better learn a thing or two about Tanzania. And for your infomation Tanzania is exporting more to Kenya and not the other way round. Kutangulia sio kufika!

Nakumbuka ulisema haujui mambo mengi sana kuhusu Tanzania, so before you continue with your mudslinging campaign you better learn a thing or two about Tanzania. And for your infomation Tanzania is exporting more to Kenya and not the other way round. Kutangulia sio kufika!

its 82.4% the truth is always bitter unless you have some back up evidence to show otherwise world bank and IMF records back mwembetayari.

The bank account thing is a great idea. For example, consider that this is the most probable age of commencing college education. For universities, there is something called HELB (higher education loan board). Once you are admitted to a university, the government subsidizes your cost of day to day life by giving you money inform of soft loan at an almost negligible interest. You start paying this loan once you obtain employment. These moneys and other bursaries are channelled through your bank account and it is for this reason that all university students in Kenya have a bank account. This kind of support is being extended to all levels of post secondary training. In addition, the support the poor/un employed program will use the same platform.

It is sad that people who are knowledegable are defending this unconsitutional and absurd decision. Anyway, it seems that government of Kenya thrive under dictatorship. Have you guys thought about the precedence this preposterous decision will make? I can see a slippery slope fallacy in the making. So today Kenyans regardless of their financial positions are being told by their govt they must open a bank account, and many goof-balls in here are cheering. Many people are struggling to make their ends meet and you are telling them to open an account? These people lack basic necessities and your elite, aloof and out of touch politicians are mandating them to have a bank account. What next, will Kenya's government mandating them to buy .....satelite dishes?

It is sad that people who are knowledegable are defending this unconsitutional and absurd decision. Anyway, it seems that government of Kenya thrive under dictatorship. Have you guys thought about the precedence this preposterous decision will make? I can see a slippery slope fallacy in the making. So today Kenyans regardless of their financial positions are being told by their govt they must open a bank account, and many goof-balls in here are cheering. Many people are struggling to make their ends meet and you are telling them to open an account? These people lack basic necessities and your elite, aloof and out of touch politicians are mandating them to have a bank account. What next, will Kenya's government mandating them to buy .....satelite dishes?

You sound like a very poor student; it has been said that those accounts will run at zero cost and two that the accounts are to help assist the poor; avenues for depositing subsidies, bursaries etc!

You sound like a very poor student; it has been said that those accounts will run at zero cost and two that the accounts are to help assist the poor; avenues for depositing subsidies, bursaries etc!

It is a daunting task to debate people who can't think outside the box.

Kwani hapa Tanzania ni vipi? ... Any thing to learn from Kenyans side?

Impossible, watu wa Igunga bado wanakunywa maji kutoka kisima kimoja na ng'ombe, sitegemei hawa kama hata wanaelewa kuna kitu kinaitwa Bank Account.

Ukimaliza kushangilia hiyo reversed trade direction kati ya kenya na Tanzania uniambia where all that money go

This is not true Matsuo, na ndio maana nimesema hii itarudisha fight against poverty nyuma
In fact they expect that there will be a tough competition in the market and banks will lower their fees
Hakuna clear instruction toka kwa government ya kusema fees ziwe zero cost.
Na hata zikiwa zero cost, where will the banks be located? Poor people live in remote and unaccessible areas
like slums, in the northern part etc. In both case, they will have to use money (again) to get to the Bank
and manage their (almost empty) accounts. Kwa nini wasiweke a minimum income for people to open an account?
Usiangalie just those in universities, usiangalie just those who are 18. look at all Kenyans, whatever their age or location

Does it mean BANK CHARGES will soon be a story in Kenya??

Tatizo lako wewe Mwembetayari ni kuamini kuwa wewe unajuwa kila kitu. Infact mtu akisoma most yours posts about Kenya then akaenda Kenya (physically) anaweza kufikiri amepotea njia. You give this picture of a 'developed nation' based on simple statistics. Maybe you should consider the faces behind those statistics!

To the contrary, I do not believe I know everything but I can say with certainty you have A LOT to learn how financial systems work! Everything else you are saying is indicative of the world you live in. Bank accounts and spending money is not a reserve for the developed nations. We all use money. Come to Kenya you will figure out what we are doing.

It Is a FACT! 82.4% of Tanzanians live on less than $1.25 per day!

this graph is from the 2011 AFDB report

6875753934_fbf2edfff4_z.jpg

here is the link to the full report: http://www.afdb.org/fileadmin/uploa... of the Pyramid_The Middle of the Pyramid.pdf

What article of the Kenyan constitution has been violated?! You seem to know more about the Kenyan constitution than the Kenyan government and the courts of the land!

Kenyans are not struggling to make "their ends meet" :heh: I dont want to imagine what making "their ends meet" entails but It is a mental picture I dont want to have anymore :lol:. Did you mean making ends meet?

Bank accounts are not a luxury item! False equivalency! Maybe in Tanzania but not in Kenya!

I can not make out the rest of the stuff you are saying but it is obvious you do not know the meaning of the 'slippery slope fallacy' and you have applied it improperly in your statement. If anything your argument is synonymous with the fallacy. Other than that I have no idea what you are trying to say. Revise your statement/ grammar and I will reply. My apologies.

Does it mean BANK CHARGES will soon be a story in Kenya??

When everything is ironed out I am sure the Bank accounts will be virtually free. Free banks accounts are common everywhere in the world and the move to electronic money is set to help grow the economy further just like mpesa has. Interesting fact is 20% of Kenya's GDP is now transacted through MPESA!

So long as its free, and there are no daylight robberies of service charges, then I don't see the problem. Just imagine I have but my hard earned cash 1,000/= and with service charges (in case of tanzania) of 300/= a month this is not savings anymore but donating.

If the banks will do bankers job of giving money (interest) and not taking then it might work and its a good idea

So long as its free, and there are no daylight robberies of service charges, then I don't see the problem. Just imagine I have but my hard earned cash 1,000/= and with service charges (in case of tanzania) of 300/= a month this is not savings anymore but donating. If the banks will do bankers job of giving money (interest) and not taking then it might work and its a good idea
WAbagwamoyo tukalale tusubiri watangulie

So long as its free, and there are no daylight robberies of service charges, then I don't see the problem. Just imagine I have but my hard earned cash 1,000/= and with service charges (in case of tanzania) of 300/= a month this is not savings anymore but donating.

If the banks will do bankers job of giving money (interest) and not taking then it might work and its a good idea

300/= that is a lot! Kenya used to be like that but as the competition grew bank charges went down and the processes of opening a bank account became less complicated. In developed markets a bank account is a basic necessity and 15 minutes is all it takes to open one. There are many types of bank account to choose from depending on one's needs and a majority of the people use debit cards for purchases. In Kenya for instance all major establishment, from petrol station, restaurant, to supermarkets accept debit cards and that is a faster way to make money change hands and transaction volumes grow.

6898692496_7150008345_b.jpg

What article of the Kenyan constitution has been violated?! You seem to know more about the Kenyan constitution than the Kenyan government and the courts of the land!

Kenyans are not struggling to make "their ends meet" :heh: I dont want to imagine what making "their ends meet" entails but It is a mental picture I dont want to have anymore :lol:. Did you mean making ends meet?

Bank accounts are not a luxury item! False equivalency! Maybe in Tanzania but not in Kenya!

I can not make out the rest of the stuff you are saying but it is obvious you do not know the meaning of the 'slippery slope fallacy' and you have applied it improperly in your statement. If anything your argument is synonymous with the fallacy. Other than that I have no idea what you are trying to say. Revise your statement/ grammar and I will reply. My apologies.

You may ridicule me as much you want but the thuth will always stand. You don't have to be a law-scholar to realize that what your government is trying to do is simply absurd. The government that has failed to provide basic necessities to its citizen is now mandating them to open a bank account.

You may ridicule me as much you want but the thuth will always stand. You don't have to be a law-scholar to realize that what your government is trying to do is simply absurd. The government that has failed to provide basic necessities to its citizen is now mandating them to open a bank account.

You know the Kenyan constitution better than everyone is what you are implying! Tell us what has been violated!?

Back
Top Bottom