Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Attack on HSBC

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Dua, Oct 17, 2007.

1. Dua

Dua JF-Expert Member

Oct 17, 2007
    Activist investor steps up attack on HSBC

Tue Oct 16, 2007 9:16 AM BST

Knight Vinke has a stake of about 0.3 percent in HSBC and he can pull strings in its entire direction in business. I wonder what measures has the Government in Tanzania taken to encorage wananchi to buy shares which can make their lives easy/worse depending on the markert values at the point of sale. Eitherway major projects can be supported and the finances can be readily available through local ventures.

I would like to encorage DSE (Dar Es salaam Stock Exchange) to enter into joint ventures with would be brokers through the internet where they can tap the resources of any nationality outside Tanzania who wishes to invest. I know they've started but its not enough.

2. Dua

Dua JF-Expert Member

Jun 1, 2008
    George Soros, 'the man who broke the Bank of England', tells Edmund Conway of his fears for the economy

Last Updated: 12:53am BST 27/05/2008

We saw last month the Bank of England beefing the big four banks by setting aside 50 billion sterling in case of any emergencies. The world economy is goner be in turmoil, lets wait and see but us as a third world country we should brace for the blunt.

3. Dua

Dua JF-Expert Member

Jun 22, 2008
    stock and credit crash alert

Brown ameomba angalau abaki hadi uchaguzi halafu ang'atuke, alipokuwa anafanya sooo alifikiri ni rahisi. The UK economy is in big trouble hata baada ya banks kupewa 50 billion pounds.