Athletics World Championships. Berlin

6a1b86fb7a35e54b54e299f4a8991ba8.jpg

Nigeria's Amaka Ogoegbunam, who competed in the women's 400 metres hurdles at the World Championships in Berlin and was due to run in the 4x400 relay, has tested positive for the steroid metenolone.

The 19-year-old tested positive in an in-competition test on August 18, said IAAF spokesman Nick Davies, adding the athlete had been provisionally suspended.

Metenolone is a performance-enhancing anabolic steroid. The Nigerian, who raced in the first round but was disqualified in the semi-final, now faces a minimum two-year ban for first-time offenders.

200m(W) final results
9543f16cdacde528038d5340dfea728f.jpg
  1. Allyson Felix- USA
  2. Veronica Campbell - Brown- Jamaica
  3. D. Ferguson-Mckenzie- Bahamas

Mtanzania ameshika nafasi ya mwisho, hapa. Kenya Gold and silver 5000m women.

Mtanzania ameshika nafasi ya mwisho, hapa. Kenya Gold and silver 5000m women.

naona bibie alijitahidi kuwemo kwenye kundi lililokuwa likiongoza mpaka
zilipobaki raundi nne ndipo akaanza kuachwa na hatimaye kuwa wa mwisho.

yaah! timing yake ilikuwa nzuri ila amekosa pumzi zile lap za mwisho. Tunatakiwa kutafuta wachezaji wengi kadri inavyowezekana, kama vile wa-Kenya mmoja kakosa lakini wawili wameibuka top 2.

Do our athletes even have strategies or do they just go out there and run as fast as they can. Maybe we should get the Kenyans to come and help train them.

Year after year we keep sending people to these events for nothing. If we are not serious why waste the money. :mad:

Stori ya wakimbiaji wa Marathon wa Tz

Tanzanian long distance runners, prospects of scooping top honours in the 42.km marathon race at the world championship was shattered by injuries that prevented Christopher Isegwe and Lucian Hombo from finishing the race over the weekend.

Christopher Isegwe, who went to the front with the leading pack in the first 16km sustained a serious achilles tendon injury when the race hit 17km mark but struggled up to 27km when it became impossible to continue with the race. ``Despite some nagging pain at my achilles tendon I concentrated on maintaining a sustained and consistent speed but at 27 kilometre I had to succumb to the injury''.

Lucian Hombo ran steadily up to 34 kilometres where he sustained a harmstring injury and dropped leaving Faustin Baha, Geturi Bayo and Andrea Silvini to finish the race. Among the over 110 elite runners, Faustin Baha was the first Tanzanian to hit the finish line in 2:17.11 to become 28th in a race that involved over 110 top long distance runners from all over the world.

Getuli Bayo finished 57th in 2:25.52 earning his season best time while Andrea Silvini finished 60th in 2:28.48.

The race was won by Kenyan Abel Kirui who finished in 2:06.54 setting his career record. “When I was reaching the finish line I still couldn’t believe it,” he said. “But I love running in Berlin. I know it so well from my times here with Haile Gebresellasie, and that made it so special for me. I love this city. When I got off the plane I knew then I could win, I was so confident. This morning I prayed with my coach for help, but I was so sure I would do it,” said Kirui after the race.

Commenting about the results, the Assistant Secretary General for Athletics Tanzania, Julius Musomi said ``There is no witch-hunt, our runners were well prepared and in good spirits but we were not luck, because the weather was good, temperature was 18 degrees celsius and humidity was 73 per cent at start while it was 21 degrees celsius and 49 per cent humidity at finish``.

Source:Father Kidevu

Kibunango,

..hawa wakimbiaji wa Tanzania ukiangalia data[best time] zao utajua kabisa kwamba hawana nafasi ya kushinda.

..inabidi zifanyike juhudi zaidi ktk kutafuta vipaji na kuwaandaa wakimbiaji wetu.

..inawezekana kwamba hawa wakimbiaji wetu wamezeeka.

..watu wako in their 30s wanataka kushindana na watoto wa miaka 19 wataweza wapi?

..Miruts Yifter[Ethiopian] peke yake ndiye alikuwa na genes nzuri za kuweza kushindana akiwa na umri mkubwa.

Stori ya wakimbiaji wa Marathon wa Tz

Commenting about the results, the Assistant Secretary General for Athletics Tanzania, Julius Musomi said ``There is no witch-hunt, our runners were well prepared and in good spirits but we were not luck,

because the weather was good, temperature was 18 degrees celsius and humidity was 73 per cent at start while it was 21 degrees celsius and 49 per cent humidity at finish``.

Source:Father Kidevu

...yale yale ya mungu hakupenda. London Olympic 2012 hiyo ipo kona... Tanzania ishajikatia tamaa kwenye riadha, tutaendelea kupeleka washiriki badala ya washindani.

Vijimambo vya Berlin 2009

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 384862_tahesia-harriganova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    384862_tahesia-harriganova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 384863_tahesia-harriganova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    384863_tahesia-harriganova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 64
  • 384964_blanka-vlasicova.jpg
    384964_blanka-vlasicova.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 67
  • 384963_blanka-vlasicova.jpg
    384963_blanka-vlasicova.jpg
    4.6 KB · Views: 62
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• 384966_jessica-ennisova.jpg
    384966_jessica-ennisova.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 72
  • 384971_jessica-ennisova (1).jpg
    384971_jessica-ennisova (1).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 68
  • 384944_anna-battkeova.jpg
    384944_anna-battkeova.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 384859_anna-battkeova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    384859_anna-battkeova-atletika-atletka.jpg
    10.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 384947_isinbajeva-jelena.jpg
    384947_isinbajeva-jelena.jpg
    14.6 KB · Views: 64
Semenya tests not complete - IAAF
_46236705_semenya_meadows_getty512.jpg

Gender tests on South African athlete Caster Semenya are yet to be completed, the International Association of Athletics Federations (IAAF) revealed.

The 18-year-old had been expected to find out if she was eligible to compete as a woman on Friday.

But the IAAF said it will not discuss the case at its meeting in Monaco.
The IAAF would also not confirm claims from South Africa that Semenya will be allowed to keep the 800m gold medal she won at August's World Championships.

The governing body was responding to an earlier statement from South Africa's Department of Sport and Recreation that said: "Because Caster has been found to be innocent of any wrong, she will then retain her gold medal, retain her title of 800m world champion, retain her prize money."
Semenya's achievement at the World Championships in Berlin was overshadowed by the controversy.

Depending on the test results, she could be suspended, told to have surgery or cleared to run as a woman.

More