Athletics World Championships. Berlin

2300430723-athletics-iaaf-world-athletics-championships-berlin-2009-olympiastadion.jpg

1107507312-athletics-iaaf-world-athletics-championships-berlin-2009-olympiastadion.jpg

2031853704-athletics-iaaf-world-athletics-championships-berlin-2009-olympiastadion.jpg

1462288703.jpg

2373150764.jpg

1123222631.jpg

newsmlmmd.3d88f50b0c43ce8c7501f32de76aa596.6c10b.jpg

Last edited:
9.58 usain bolt.............. damn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usain Bolt is a beast from a different planet!

Tyson Gay talked some trash but I guess all that talking ended up motivating Bolt to break his own record. Incredible!

Berlin 2009 - Bolt smashes 100m world record

Jamaica's Usain Bolt shattered his own 100 metres world record to win the World Championship final in Berlin in a breathtaking 9.58 seconds.

9e4517681a7631b51cc857e7d6b1dc47.jpg

The world's fastest man took a staggering 0.11 seconds off the 9.69 mark he set winning gold at the Beijing Olympics a year ago to the day, taking the event into a time zone undreamed of before his arrival on the scene.

American Tyson Gay, the 2007 world champion, ran the race of his life to finish second in 9.71, the third fastest time ever.

Jamaican Asafa Powell claimed bronze in 9.84.

In contrast to the Olympic final, when he was able to coast over the line, Bolt saved his celebrations until the race was actually finished.

He was pushed a little harder this time, though his victory on the blue track at the Olympic Stadium was never in doubt as he completed the set of major medals at the distance.
The 100 metres record usually comes down by one or two hundredths of a second at a time, making the bite Bolt took out of it on Sunday simply astonishing.

"I don't run for world records," a relaxed Bolt, 22, said. "The aim was just to come out here and execute because it was going to be a tough race."

"I got a pretty good start, I was there at 20 metres and that was it.," he said.
"I said anything could happen and it did. It was a big target but I got 9.58 and I am really happy with myself."

Bolt will now pocket $100,000 from the International Association of Athletics Federations for his world record but that is a mere fraction of what sponsors will now be ready to pay for him.
Bolt, who false-started in the semi-final, made a flying getaway in the final and was clear after only 20 metres.

He crossed the line with one eye on the clock before pounding his chest and blowing kisses to the crowd.

He hugged his friend Powell and completed a lap of honour roared on by some 70,000 cheering fans.

"Today was perfect. This gave me a lot of energy. Especially the crowd," Bolt said through the stadium microphone, immediately after the race. "I won't forget it."

Bolt, five days shy of his 23rd birthday, had pledged to wrestle the only major title still missing from his now perfect collection away from Gay, but had complained his preparation was plagued by rain and wind in the European meetings he ran.

He also had to undergo minor surgery to remove thorns from his foot in April, after stepping on them following a car crash.

"Now I plan to do even better in the future," threatened Bolt.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watz vipi?

foto6.jpg

Linet Chepkwemoi Masai of Kenya celebrates after winning the women's 10,000 metres final during the world athletics championships at the Olympic stadium in Berlin August 15, 2009

foto7.jpg

Linet Chepkwemoi Masai of Kenya (L) celebrates with her campatriot Grace Kwamboka Momanyi, after winning the women's 10,000 metres final during the world athletics championships at the Olympic stadium in Berlin August 15, 2009.

foto1.jpg

foto2.jpg

foto3.jpg

Richard Kipkemboi Mateelong of Kenya (L) and Tareq Mubarak Taher of Bahrain (R) clear a hurdle in the 3000 meters men's steeplechase first heats during the world athletics championships at the Olympic stadium in Berlin, August 16, 2009

foto8.jpg

Bernard Lagat of the U.S. (L) and Asbel Kipruto Kiprop of Kenya (C) shake hands after the second men's 1,500 meters heats during the world athletics championships at the Olympic stadium in Berlin, August 15, 2009. Juan Carlos Higuero of Spain (R) looks on.

Usain Bolt delivered one of the most astonishing performances ever seen in athletics when he scorched to world championship 100 metres gold in a mind-blowing 9.58 seconds on Sunday.

The flying Jamaican took a massive 0.11 seconds off the previous record mark he ran to win the Olympic gold medal in Beijing one year ago to the day.

That left defending champion Tyson Gay a distant second even though the American's time of 9.71 was the third-fastest ever. Asafa Powell of Jamaica was third in 9.84.

"I'm not a person who thinks about world records, I think about championships," Bolt said after sending the crowd into hysteria. "That's what I went out to do and I ran a world record."

The exploits of Jesse Owens in the same Olympic Stadium 73 years ago have been a hot topic of conversation in Berlin this week and Sunday's show could have a similar shelf-life.

The 100 metres record is usually nibbled at in one or two hundredths of a second slices but Bolt took a huge bite out of it and has now dropped it from 9.74 to 9.58 in a little over a year.

Bolt had given an indication of what was to come when he clocked 9.89 in his semi-final without seeming to hit top gear. That also came after he had false-started for the first time in his career.

By the time of the final, conditions were perfect, with a warm evening and a legal tailwind of 0.9.

Bolt unwound his long frame instantly from the blocks and was up and into his running alongside the fast-starting Gay to take control after 20 metres.

He roared through the line, watching the clock all the while, before setting off on a lap of honour, talking to the media and posing for photos with fans for almost an hour.

Gay had no complaints after a superb performance on the back of a persistent groin injury.

"He ran a great race. I ran my best race but it wasn't enough," he said.