ATCL viable - US investor

Uwezekano wa Celtic Corporation kuwa briefcase company wala si jambo la kushangaza.

Madege ya abiria kama makuukuu kama Boeing 737 yako mengi tu ambayo yananunuliwaga kwa bei ya mitumba. Kwahiyo ukiwa wewe ni afisa wa ATCL na una akili ya kifisadi-fisadi nirahisi sana kama una niya ya namuna hiyo kupata mfanyabiashara UK, Canada au USA na kumwambia akupatie dege la kununuwa au kukodisha kwa bei nafuu.

Ukiendaga kwa mfanyabiashara wa namuna hiyo atakununulia Boeing 737 ya $500,000 au chini ya hapo na kuipakaa rangi kidogo ili ipendeze na kuifanyia ukarabati wa juu juu ili iweze kupata bare minimum air certification.
Ndege za namna hiyo ziko nyingi kwenye soko la madege-mitumba hasa wakati huu wa economic slowdown, kama hii hapa chini:

1980 BOEING 737-200 US $495,000 CA, US
For Sale - $495,000, 55410 TT; 2004 Paint; 2004 Int; 103 Seats; UNBELIEVEABLE PRICE OF $495,000, RENOVATED INTERIOR, MSG-2, CHECKS FRESH 2004, -17 ENGINES.
Phone: (831)333-9033
Fax: (831)333-9035 Details
Updated: 12/2/2009 11:42:00 AM

Hapo ndipo Mbongo anapigaga mahesabu yake na kutuletea dege kuukuu kama lile la Costa Rica na huku wananchi tunaendelea kuliwa

Management Issue.

Its time to consider serious issues with the seriousness they require. All what we need from the foreign investors is the experience, management skills and the international business muscle required to push around various components of the system( the company-ATCL) so as to achieve our objectives at best.

The best thing we could do with ATCL is to first of all try as hard as possible to separate the company from politics. Previously we used to have Managers who thought they were appointed to their positions as a reward rather than a responsibility. When they failed to deliver we thought it was a better time to blindly sale it out to foreign investors...who also failed...i don't wanna go to details here.

Secondly, it is good to know that a publically owned Airline carrying the name of a country in a prestigious manner, is one of the best promoters of the country itself..... Just try the flavors like American Airline, Air Canada, British Airways,Ethiopian Airlines, Kenya Airways, Swissair, Air France, South African Airways......its my dream to have a performing Air Tanzania and not ATCL, which will work hard to improve the image of the country all over the world.

I wish one day people looking for realiable services, affordable costs, value for money services, outstanding destinations, polite environment, business flavor, time conscious, attractive service package, sufficient networking with other service providers, and unboring travelling, that those people will find no where else but Air Tanzania at world class level.

Its also good to improve the services of our Airports and Hotels as well as all the Transport and logistics in concern so as to enhance the strength of Air Tanzania market share. If we can make a way to improve above modes of logistics and transport then probably one or some of our Airports could turn into either a destination or a connection point to many of Foreign Travellers. Our Neighbours Kenya are doing better with their JKIA and Kenya Airways.....coupled with better Transport Services from Hotels to Airport and v/v. but here we could have a better deal............

Hey ... I belive in a world class best perfoming AIR TANZANIA... ONE DAY YES...

I agree with your vision on what should be done on Air Tanzania. Air Tanzania needs a viable capital injection to turn it into profitability entity, I think this is the most critical problem surrounds this airline. At this juncture due to IMF economic policies, the government is not able to implement any meaningful capital investment into its own airline other than funding for the purpose of waiting for the new investors. But again, the Air Tanzania business and financial situation do not attract the serious investors in the airline business. Evaluation of business records put Air Tanzania in a risk project for any investor hence the decision to implement the investment program can not easily reached. I see some difficulties to the Board of Directors of an Airline like Delta or American Airline or Singapore Airlines makes decision of buying shares in Air Tanzania. The loss making company like our airline has to struggle from its own means to survive and then turns itself to a profitable entity. I think (but I'm not sure) even our own laws do not allow a loss making company to be registered in the stock exchange market, this means Air Tanzania can not even raise capital from wananchi.
The government has two or three choices to make, (1) To sell Air Tanzania (as where is) to any one who is ready to take risk, irrespective of any past records of running the airline business. (2) To turn Air Tanzania as government agency and merge it with Government Aircraft Agency or (3) To wind up the Air Tanzania business activities and leave the other operators to take charge of the airline business in Tanzania.

The other options is to return ATCL to the people (Tanzanians). The same can be said about TRL. Why don't they change the model of ownership and slice some shares between the government, private companies and the public?

Hivi kweli katika Tanzania hatuna watu wanaoweza kugeuza shirika hili liwe la faida provided they have stake in the company?

The other options is to return ATCL to the people (Tanzanians). The same can be said about TRL. Why don't they change the model of ownership and slice some shares between the government, private companies and the public?

Hivi kweli katika Tanzania hatuna watu wanaoweza kugeuza shirika hili liwe la faida provided they have stake in the company?

Hapa kuna vitu vya kuangalia, Air Tanzania kama ilivyo sasa haiwezi kuuzika kwa watu kununua shares kwa sababu kabla ya kuuza hizo share ni lazima wawe na prospectus inayoonesha matumaini ya kupata faida na kutoa records za fedha zilizopita. Hii itasaidia mimi na wewe tusiwekeze vijisenti vyetu mahali ambapo baada ya mwaka thamani ya hisa zetu inaporomoka na kupata hasara juu.
Pili, muundo unaoufikiria yaani wa government, private companies na public ndiyo hasa utakaoleta ufanisi katika kuendesha Air Tanzania. Kwa mfano Kenya Airways wanatumia structure hiyo uliyoitajaa inaweka uwajibikaji katika kusimamia (bodi) na uendeshaji (menejimenti). Hapo chini unaweza kuona jinsi mgawanyo wa share ulivyo. KLM ndiyo mbia mwenye hisa nyingi 26% yuko pale kwenye foreign investors. Serikali ina 23% kwenye institution group. Hali kama hii ndiyo iliyotarajiwa kuwa baada ya serikali kuuza 49% ya his kwa SAA. Lakini matokeo yake kampuni ilitengeneza hasara na hivyo kusindwa kufiki malengo yake. Hata hivyo, mauzo ya 49% na yenyewe ilikuwa ni kosa kubwa kwa sababu ilikuwa nirahisi kwa mbia mwenye nia mbaya kuweza kununua 10% zaidi kupitia kwa mwekezaji mwingine na ku-control maamuzi yote.
Nini kifanyike kama tunataka kufanya na kufikia hatua ya Kenya Airways?
Serikali ishawishi wale wanaotoa 40% kwenye bajeti yetu kuwa tuna nia ya kumilikisha Air Tanzania kwa watanzania wenyewe.
Pili, serikali iombe kutumia fedha zake au za kukopa kuijenga ATC na kuibadilisha kuwa profitable
Baada ya hapo, itafute a strategic partner ambaye atawekeza about 30% ili kuweka nguvu zaidi na kuiimarisha Air Tanzania.
Serikali ibakize sehemu fulani ya hisa ikizishikilia kwa faida ya akina siye ambao hatutaweza kununua hata hisa moja
Sehemu inayobaki ya hisa iuzwe kwa public.

Kwa Air Tanzania ya sasa sishauri wananchi waweke pesa zao humo kwani itakuwa ni kama DECI, mbegu zitaliwa

http://www.kenya-airways.com/home/a..._information/shareholder_profile/default.aspx

The Share holders profile as at 31st March 2006 was as follows
Number of Share Holders Number of Shares held % of Issued Share Capital
1.Kenyan Individuals 75,531 142,818,605 30.94
2.Kenyan Institutions 2,897 171,723,932 37.20
3.East African Individ 38 143,382 0.03
4.East African Institut 5 583,748 0.13
5.Foreign Individuals 167 6,295,275 1.36
6.Foreign Institutions 12 140,050,541 30.34
Totals 78,650 461,615,483 100.00

hii ni kashfa nyingine kwa kweli.. nyie ngojeni tu.

Mkuu ngoja nikudondolee kuna utafiti ulifanywa na watu wa ndani ya ATCL kwa ajili kuchunguza kiini cha shirika la ATC kuwa na matatizo ya kifedha. Utafiti huu ulifanywa wanataaluma ya urubani, ujenzi wa ndege na utawala na ulisimamiwa chini ya aliyekuwa waziri kipindi cha mwinyi bwana mwapachu. Hebu utafute utajionea maajabu kuwa viongozi serikali ndio kiini ya cha kufa kwa shirika hili kongwe la anga Tanzania.

He also cited some of the challenges that ATCL is facing as the lack of a website which makes it unable to operate efficiently in the era of globalization, where airline companies issue tickets online.

Thanks for the info but I am sorry its all disdusting so I could not read the entire bizzare story. KWELI KWELI HATA KU CONSTRUCT WEB SITE ilikuwa tabu? I am sure there must be a qulaified IT Manager if not Director.

KIDUMU CHAMA CHA MAPINDUZI

Back
Top Bottom