Arusha Politics: Why CHADEMA's popularity is waning...

From the three points you established it came to my attention that you are not aware of the following single fact
1. CHADEMA IS BEING DRIVEN BY VOTERS NOT ITS MEMBERS OR LEADERS, Thats why ccm is facing huge hardship to destroy CHADEMA!
You must ask yourself why ccm faced great challenge from CHADEMA during by- election in Iganga instead of CUF?

For the first time in Arusha politics, ccm is smelling blood of victory....the real reason behind ccm new impetus is that Chadema has made some serious political miscalculations....underestimating the average voter's pertinent needs in Arusha Municipality.

here are some of Chadema's political gaffes..

1) Chadema think anti-ccm runs too deep that whatever chadema national leaders say voters will jump at it without expressing a desire for interactive dialogue...ccm via Lowassa did the same in 2010 parliamentary elections....and the disastrous electoral verdict is there for everyone to see...Arusha voters have the mind of their own too...that is lesson number one..

2) Arusha Municipality is a merchant city....growing on an environment of orderliness...the city can hardly endure Lema's political mischief for too long...with lema testing and stretching our limits of tolerance when he decided to stay behind bars and urging us to coalesce around him...that colossal stupidity had backfired before his eyes...for hardly a day even his fellow tribesmen of Chagga could hardly sustain the shuttle buses' strike for a day as the realities of astronomical cost of living in Arusha began to take its devastating toll....the lesson number two we vote for whoever we calculate will advance our personal causes and Chadema at the moment is misreading our collective political resolve....It is time we tell Lema, at the ballot box-of course, he does not own Arusha and never will...we sent him to legislate in the Augusta House not to be a rabble-rousing pedestrian or a belligerent demagogue....we have those losers among us in our streets but we do not send them to the House for that matter....

3) Learning from past by-elections voter turn out is hardly a third of the general election turnout...voter fatigue and apathy seems to be the in-thing favouring ccm in many ways...only ccm fanatical followers do turn-up and vote but Chadema ends up with huge non-voting attendances....which time and time again have proved futile in changing the course...of our political complexion.....lesson number three....expect only less than 40, 000 to turn up in the envisaged by-elections and ccm will snuff out most of the 3 to 4 Ward Councillors now up for grab....in a way that will be good pragmatism...Arusha demands orderliness to prosper and Chadema is not yet ready to provide her with that bubbling quest....at the moment permits for development projects have all but come to a standstill...the real reason is Chadema's refusal to listen to an average voter's needs....that unless municipal Council continues to work in orderly manner....jobs will not be created particularly in the construction industry....and the Arusha economy decimated by low yields in agricultural, tourism and mining sectors can hardly afford....anymore disruptions unless of-course we are stupidly determined to fail as a society....

4) After Chadema have been routed at the ballot box despite attracting huge public rallies: and, may be those at the national level will begin earnestly to ask us the BIG QUESTION....what are our aspirations...I am not alone when I say since I can not vote for ccm with a clean conscience; for then, by abstaining in the incoming by elections is my best communicative means of punishing both ccm and Chadema for just one tantrum....behaving like Siamese twins......

that is how I feel what about you?

chaguzi za Arusha ni za kabila la wachaga tu...........angalia wabunge wote after nyerere in 1995 hadi leo .................angalia madiwani asilimia kubwa inatoka wapi................................facts sometimes can be very dangerous...........................because they expose the truth and only the truth can set us free..............
so roho inakuhuma nini kama hao Wachagga wanakubalika na wewe si ugombee ukubalike? Nakumbuka Makongoro ashawahi kuwa Mbunge Arusha (NCCR Mageuzi) japokuwa ukweli unabaki umaarufu wa Mrema (unfortunately naye Mchagga) wakati ule ulisaidia! jaribu wewe kugombea Mwanza tuone kama utashinda ulivyo Mhaya japokuwa ni kabila jirani na Wasukuma! Ukabila tu unakusumbua ngoja Magamba waendelee kuwatumia na kuwarubuni !

Mkuu Rutashubanyuma, you wrote so much and so many illusive things. Of all I liked one sensible phrase "that is how I feel what about you? " I believe you didn't do any investigation to jot down the conclusion about CHADEMA or any other opposition political party in Arusha municipality. Let's wait and see, the ballot box will tell when the moment comes.
I don't even think the guy has expressed any feelings there....opinion perhaps but not feelings......

so roho inakuhuma nini kama hao Wachagga wanakubalika na wewe si ugombee ukubalike? Nakumbuka Makongoro ashawahi kuwa Mbunge Arusha (NCCR Mageuzi) japokuwa ukweli unabaki umaarufu wa Mrema (unfortunately naye Mchagga) wakati ule ulisaidia! jaribu wewe kugombea Mwanza tuone kama utashinda ulivyo Mhaya japokuwa ni kabila jirani na Wasukuma! Ukabila tu unakusumbua ngoja Magamba waendelee kuwatumia na kuwarubuni !

are you a Chagga, by the way?

I tried to contemplate deeply not about the Hon G Lema Personality and his Party, but on what was on his message before he handled himself to the Kisongo Prison facility!!

If you have spare time, please go to post no 158 and 159 on this thread and lets contemplate together ..https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la-siasa/189616-mbowe-atikisa-gereza-la-lema-8.html

and please, more readings if you wish,

https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la-siasa/189616-mbowe-atikisa-gereza-la-lema-9.html

You will note that personally amnt that much interested on any political party or which personality is on the power, but rather its about Humanity, human dignity and nobility in managing our community development!!

I totally believe and have all the faith that , as a nation at the moment we need and should have some kind of special movement to restore the founding principles of the nation; which is mainly the community development BASING ON HUMAN DIGNITY...

From the three points you established it came to my attention that you are not aware of the following single fact
1. CHADEMA IS BEING DRIVEN BY VOTERS NOT ITS MEMBERS OR LEADERS, Thats why ccm is facing huge hardship to destroy CHADEMA!
You must ask yourself why ccm faced great challenge from CHADEMA during by- election in Iganga instead of CUF?

Tatizo kwako ni kuwa bado hujanielewa...................mtazamo wangu ni kuwa hcadema remains works in progress.....................not a finished article..............................................kama baadhi ya mashabiki wao wanavyodhani................................it is still a raw talent............

I tried to contemplate deeply not about the Hon G Lema Personality and his Party, but on what was on his message before he handled himself to the Kisongo Prison facility!!

If you have spare time, please go to post no 158 and 159 on this thread and lets contemplate together ..https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la...la-lema-8.html

and please, more readings if you wish,

https://www.jamiiforums.com/jukwaa-la...la-lema-9.html

You will note that personally amnt that much interested on any political party or which personality is on the power, but rather its about Humanity, human dignity and nobility in managing our community development!!

I totally believe and have all the faith that , as a nation at the moment we need and should have some kind of special movement to restore the founding principles of the nation; which is mainly the community development BASING ON HUMAN DIGNITY...

I do share your vision but the niggling question remains about what is an appropriate methodology to achieve that.......................lingering in prison is not the best way to achieve that...............................even angelic Nyerere stayed away from prison in order to avail himself with the opportunities to advance his causes...........................Mandela style and yet personally enforced jail term is the height of madness......................and lema encompasses just that...............

what seems to be inplace is that the government using the machinery it owns wants that Gentleman Lema not to progress.....they are therefore FRUSTRATING HIM......

so your argument is in one hand yes, but..... what happens if they feel like frustrating him whenever he is at their sight?

THAT is the cost of democracy!!! if you were him! Rutashubanyuma, tell me what would you do instead?

Huyu anayeitwa Ngongo aache kabisa kucahngia mada hii maana zaidi ya ushabiki na chuki kwa CDM na Mbunge Lema hana lolote analoandika ni kupoteza muda wa wana JF. Tuweke facts mbele na kutoa ointi zenye mashiko. Kitu ambacho anatakiwa kujua ni kwamba hali ngumu ya maisha na unyanyasaji wa watu kutumia Polisi ndio kinafanya CDM na wabunge wake wapate umaarufu. Kero lukuki za wananchi ndio zimefikisha taifa hapa lilipo na watu kukata tamaa. Badala ya kuangalia wajikosoe vipi wanaelekeza nguvu zao kwenye sehemu walizokosa wabunge uchaguzi wa 2010. Tuandhani hata ueleewa huyu bwana hana kwani katika ilani ya uchaguzi ya CDM kila kitu kimeelezwa namna intakavyotoa majibu kwa kero na matumizi mazuri ya raslimali za nchi. Anatakiwa ahoji gharama kubwa zinazotumiwa kusherehekea miaka 50 ya uhuru huku wanafunzi wakikaa chini bila madawati na zahanati duni bila kutaja kero za barabara, maji na mengineyo. Aweke thread yake ahoji mambo haya siyo kujikita kuhoji mabo ya CDM na Mhe Lema.

what seems to be inplace is that the government using the machinery it owns wants that Gentleman Lema not to progress.....they are therefore FRUSTRATING HIM......

so your argument is in one hand yes, but..... what happens if they feel like frustrating him whenever he is at their sight?

THAT is the cost of democracy!!! if you were him! Rutashubanyuma, tell me what would you do instead?

let the courts declare the oppressive laws defunct.......................that will be my approach and if the government continues to disobey the courts then mob-justice could be the last option........................but not before then........................we need sober minded politicians bent to serve the people through the rule of law.....................................mob-justice is too painful and in most cases achieves too little to count for anything............

mimi Muarusha kabila lenye ukaribu na Uchagga! Vp?

siamini maana tension iliy0opo kati ya wachagaa na waarusha hapa sidhani kma ungelikuwa na misimamo kama uliyonayo..................blood is always thicker than water..........................kikubwa hapa ni kuwa this country is still very tribal no matter how far we go on denial route............

For the first time in Arusha politics, ccm is smelling blood of victory....the real reason behind ccm new impetus is that Chadema has made some serious political miscalculations....underestimating the average voter's pertinent needs in Arusha Municipality.

here are some of Chadema's political gaffes..

1) Chadema think anti-ccm runs too deep that whatever chadema national leaders say voters will jump at it without expressing a desire for interactive dialogue...ccm via Lowassa did the same in 2010 parliamentary elections....and the disastrous electoral verdict is there for everyone to see...Arusha voters have the mind of their own too...that is lesson number one..

2) Arusha Municipality is a merchant city....growing on an environment of orderliness...the city can hardly endure Lema's political mischief for too long...with lema testing and stretching our limits of tolerance when he decided to stay behind bars and urging us to coalesce around him...that colossal stupidity had backfired before his eyes...for hardly a day even his fellow tribesmen of Chagga could hardly sustain the shuttle buses' strike for a day as the realities of astronomical cost of living in Arusha began to take its devastating toll....the lesson number two we vote for whoever we calculate will advance our personal causes and Chadema at the moment is misreading our collective political resolve....It is time we tell Lema, at the ballot box-of course, he does not own Arusha and never will...we sent him to legislate in the Augusta House not to be a rabble-rousing pedestrian or a belligerent demagogue....we have those losers among us in our streets but we do not send them to the House for that matter....

3) Learning from past by-elections voter turn out is hardly a third of the general election turnout...voter fatigue and apathy seems to be the in-thing favouring ccm in many ways...only ccm fanatical followers do turn-up and vote but Chadema ends up with huge non-voting attendances....which time and time again have proved futile in changing the course...of our political complexion.....lesson number three....expect only less than 40, 000 to turn up in the envisaged by-elections and ccm will snuff out most of the 3 to 4 Ward Councillors now up for grab....in a way that will be good pragmatism...Arusha demands orderliness to prosper and Chadema is not yet ready to provide her with that bubbling quest....at the moment permits for development projects have all but come to a standstill...the real reason is Chadema's refusal to listen to an average voter's needs....that unless municipal Council continues to work in orderly manner....jobs will not be created particularly in the construction industry....and the Arusha economy decimated by low yields in agricultural, tourism and mining sectors can hardly afford....anymore disruptions unless of-course we are stupidly determined to fail as a society....

4) After Chadema have been routed at the ballot box despite attracting huge public rallies: and, may be those at the national level will begin earnestly to ask us the BIG QUESTION....what are our aspirations...I am not alone when I say since I can not vote for ccm with a clean conscience; for then, by abstaining in the incoming by elections is my best communicative means of punishing both ccm and Chadema for just one tantrum....behaving like Siamese twins......

that is how I feel what about you?
Rutashuba-NYUMA I don't think if there is any piece of truth in your long paragraphs,U tried to show out your hatred to LEMA.You have tried to explain your views but the bad thing is that you concluded your hypothesis without even having evidences.Forget about LEMA and CHADEMA just ask yourself what have you done for this nation brother. Uje na arguments zilizofanyiwa utafiti na sio kukurupuka kaka.

Nanyaro watu wamekufa mnawaita mashujaa wiki nzima unatafutwa na polisi kwa kuaandaa mgomo wa daladala kwanini ulijificha au ushujaa ni kwa wengine ?.Acheni kudanganya wananchi.

Kimsingi hali ya Arusha ni tete,na UTETE wake umesababishwa na serikali kutowajibika,na kwa makusudi kabisa kupuuzia malalamiko ya msingi,na kushindwa kuchukua uamuzi stahiki,kwa wakati stahiki,matokeo ya UHUNI wa serikali ndio haya yanayoonekana sasa,
Kuna kosa gani kwa Mbunge kutembea kwa mguu kwenye Jimbo lake?
Ngongo wewe unachangia kwa ushabiki na kwa chuki yako binafsi Juu ya CHADEMA na viongozi wake,hakuna kiongozi yeyote wala mwanachama yeyote anayemlipa yeyote ili aende Kisongo au mahakamani,utaratibu huo ni utamaduni wa ccm,kamwe si CHADEMA,
Alichokifanya Lema amekieleza kwa kiswahili rahisi kwenye waraka alioutoa,mwenye kutaka kuelewa ataelewa
Swala la siasa za vurugu Arusha,linasababishwa na polisi period.Nyote ni mashahidi tarehe 12 Jan 2011 wakati wa Kuwaaga mashujaa wetu waliuwawa na polisi pale NMC tulijilinda wenyewe na hakuna vurugu yoyote ilitokea.
Kimsingi hali ya Arusha inawezakuwa mbaya kama serikali itashindwa kuchukua maamuzi

siamini maana tension iliy0opo kati ya wachagaa na waarusha hapa sidhani kma ungelikuwa na misimamo kama uliyonayo..................blood is always thicker than water..........................kikubwa hapa ni kuwa this country is still very tribal no matter how far we go on denial route............
wewe ndiyo unaleta ukabila kama kawaida yenu Magamba! mwache Mbunge wetu afanye kazi yake...!

Mkuu Nanyaro.

Hali tete Arusha imesababishwa na dola na CDM wakiongozwa na Mheshimiwa Lema nimeeleza kila kitu bila kutia chembe ya ushabiki.Umenituhumu nina chuki binafsi na CDM na viongozi wake,napenda kukufahamisha sina chuki hata kidogo kuna baadhi ya viongozi wa CDM kama Mheshimiwa John Mnyika,Zitto Kabwe,[Halima Mdee kama ningekuwa sijaoa hakika ningejaribu bahati yangu],Mzee Edwin Mtei kipindi anagombea ubunge Arusha mwaka 1995 mimi nilikuwa katibu wa tawi Kaloleni View,Marehemu Chacha Wangwe na Dr W Slaa huyu kura yangu ya urais nilimpatia.

Mkuu Nanyaro wewe ni diwani wa kata ya Levolosi bahati mbaya umeshindwa kabisa kumshauri mbunge namna bora ya kuwatumikia wananchi waliomchagua kwa kura nyingi sana.Uwezo wa Lema mjengoni huwezi kuulinganisha na uwezo wa Mheshimiwa Halima Mdee au John Mnyika.

Kimsingi hali ya Arusha ni tete,na UTETE wake umesababishwa na serikali kutowajibika,na kwa makusudi kabisa kupuuzia malalamiko ya msingi,na kushindwa kuchukua uamuzi stahiki,kwa wakati stahiki,matokeo ya UHUNI wa serikali ndio haya yanayoonekana sasa,
Kuna kosa gani kwa Mbunge kutembea kwa mguu kwenye Jimbo lake?
Ngongo wewe unachangia kwa ushabiki na kwa chuki yako binafsi Juu ya CHADEMA na viongozi wake,hakuna kiongozi yeyote wala mwanachama yeyote anayemlipa yeyote ili aende Kisongo au mahakamani,utaratibu huo ni utamaduni wa ccm,kamwe si CHADEMA,
Alichokifanya Lema amekieleza kwa kiswahili rahisi kwenye waraka alioutoa,mwenye kutaka kuelewa ataelewa
Swala la siasa za vurugu Arusha,linasababishwa na polisi period.Nyote ni mashahidi tarehe 12 Jan 2011 wakati wa Kuwaaga mashujaa wetu waliuwawa na polisi pale NMC tulijilinda wenyewe na hakuna vurugu yoyote ilitokea.
Kimsingi hali ya Arusha inawezakuwa mbaya kama serikali itashindwa kuchukua maamuzi

I do share your vision but the niggling question remains about what is an appropriate methodology to achieve that.......................lingering in prison is not the best way to achieve that...............................even angelic Nyerere stayed away from prison in order to avail himself with the opportunities to advance his causes...........................Mandela style and yet personally enforced jail term is the height of madness......................and lema encompasses just that...............

If we accept to persist and hang on some few Principles and give a break to Hon G Lema, Chadema and CCM in this case, we will be forced to look deeply on what was ARUSHA DECLARATION OF 1967. Get some time, contemplate on its contents and if you wont mind? Compare it honestly with the contents of G Lemas Message of 2011, before handling himself to the Prison? I mean analyze the Social forces behind...forget about the quality and characters of G Lema at all!! Would you do just that please?

You see, the Government and its operating machinery should be quick in proper and objective analysis and decision making ... Stop reacting and Stop dealing with personalities, rather should concentrate on answering to the Social forces behind all this movements, before anybody else can take its role, and who knows ..? That anybody could even be G Lema out of his madness as you put it .. He can create a Movement!

Please get what I mean, the government has a major role to play in all this before its too late. .. The forces which are changing the whole world at the moment, has no time to wait for anybody ... Has no intelligence to analyses the characters and personalities... they simply follow THE TRUE NEEDS Of the moment!! l

Mkuu Ruta.

Hakuna tension baina ya wachagga na waarusha hata kidogo.Nasikitika kukuambaia hicho ndicho kilichomponza Batilda akaangukia pua.Batilda aliingia na sera za Uarusha kwamba Arusha lazima iongozwe na mtoto wa nyumbani hakuishia hapo akakimbilia udini bahati mbaya hakujua Arusha unapojikita kwenye udini unajizika mwenyewe kisiasa.Kipindi cha ubunge wa Kinana alikuwa akitinga kanisani mjini kati anaimba kama hana akili nzuri matokeo yake aliheshimika na wapiga kura wa dini zote yaani waislam na waKristo.

Mkuu Ruta waChagga ni wenyeji wa mkoa wa Kilimanjaro ambao kijiografia ni karibu sana na mkoa wa Arusha hivyo suala la uhamiaji ni rahisi zaidi hasa ukitilia maanani Kilimamnjaro ardhi ni ndogo sana pia fursa za kibiashara ni sababu muhimu.waChagga wengi sana wamezaliwa Arusha including {Mrema mbunge wa zamani} hawajui Kilimanjaro,waChagga wengi wamewekeza Arusha kuliko Kilimanjaro kwa kifupi sana Nyerere anastahili pongezi bila yeye Tanzania ingekuwa kama Kenya kwa kuendekeza ukabila.

Marehemu Ole Saibuli mwaka 1985 alishindwa na marehemu Mmbaga mpare kwa kutumia karata ya ukabila hakujua wapiga kura wengi si waarusha,kata za Moshono na matevesi zilikuwa Arumeru amabazo wakaazi wake wengi ni waarusha kipindi hicho.

when macain introduced sarah palin as a vp candidate everyone was excited except the psychologists who termed this psychological event as a ''palin factor'' which would only survive for few weeks.
i think this is what is happening in arusha and probably in mbeya,Dar and Mwanza.the "chadema factor"has started waning,the lema factor has gone!
i remember one article saying ccm was tired but chadema was not ready.im afraid if this is not another NCCR of 1995?

Go also ask MMD about Sata factor in Zambia..................!!!!

Back
Top Bottom