Dismiss Notice
You are browsing this site as a guest. It takes 2 minutes to CREATE AN ACCOUNT and less than 1 minute to LOGIN

Arrest Buhemba gold mine investors, govt urged

Discussion in 'Habari na Hoja mchanganyiko' started by Saint Ivuga, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Arrest Buhemba gold mine investors, govt urged

[​IMG]
    Musoma Rural MP Nimrod Mkono

The government has been advised to arrest investors at Buhemba Gold Mine in Musoma, and order them to return every cent they made before the mine was shut down.
    The advice was given by Musoma Rural MP Nimrod Mkono in a statement read in the presence of Deputy Minister of State in the Prime Minister’s Office responsible for Regional Administration and Local Governments (PMO-RALG), Aggrey Mwanri early this week.
    Mkono argued that local residents have never benefited from this particular natural resource. “We ask you to tell the big guys up there to arrest all the investors who put money in the mine at Buhemba,” the MP said.
    “We want them to return our money so we can use it to build schools and provide other social services,” Mkono said amid applauses from the people.
    Musoma residents are growing poorer by the day because they have very limited sources of revenue, according to the MP, who argued that one way to redress this is to drag former Buhemba investors to court so they pay what they owe to the people.
    He added that claims that Buhemba is government property is merely a trick to steal from Musoma residents, and decried the fact that none of the open pits dug earlier have been filled up. “(Its) just turned into a graveyard for people and their livestock,” Mkono said.
    “Ever since it was opened (and) until it was closed, this mine has never contributed to local development,” he said adding, “it only destroyed roads and led to people being forced to relocate without any compensation.”
    He criticised the government for being silent on the matter, and asked that it act now to restore to the people what they are owed.
    “The people of Musoma must get justice,” the MP said.

SOURCE: THE GUARDIAN

2. Nyambala

Nyambala JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2011
    Mkono acha unafiki, kama Vithlani mtanzania mwenzetu imeshindikana kumu-arrest, how could this be possible? After all hii project si ilikuwa JV na JWTZ? Sasa inakuwaje kwenye kagoda, meremeta na deep green finance mnasema ni siri za jeshi halafu hii inayojulikana wazi kuwa ilikuwa ni mradi wa jeshi mnataka watu wawe arrested?

3. Saint Ivuga

Saint Ivuga JF-Expert Member

Jun 3, 2011
    huyu ni mpiga domo(vuvuzela) anataka aonekane ni mchapa kazi na aandikwe kwenye media . naoana ni semina elekezi hizi